Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Consolidating music files

Smalls 12:23 AM - 18 August, 2018
Really struggling to find a solution to consolidate the 200k+ music files I have spread across a 4tb and an 8tb exdrive; archive what I don't use, and extract only what's saved in crates. I've tried exporting the crates I regularly use as folders to another exdrive but now I'm getting problems with my Serato file loading everything accurately and completely. The rescan and search for files always seems to miss songs on my main exdrive. So I'm kind of left trying to use my Serato file and my 8tb backup drive to solidify the integrity of my crates. And it's taking forever. Half the time it seems like it's not even running-- even on this 32GB ram, 8 core, usb3.1 system with nothing else running. I stopped and thought, before trying anything else, maybe I should ask the geniuses at Serato if I need to stop and try something else. There is probably a much easier way to organize, refine and optimize things but I haven't found it.
DjSyndic8 4:20 AM - 18 August, 2018
you need to move all your music to one folder on the drive then you can think about importing them onto serato, you also might want to familiarize yourself with Itch Sync google search it converts folders and sub-folders into crates, best file management app for serato.
DjHoneylocks 12:53 AM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:
you need to move all your music to one folder on the drive then you can think about importing them onto serato, you also might want to familiarize yourself with Itch Sync google search it converts folders and sub-folders into crates, best file management app for serato.

Is the Itch sync 1.4 the latest? I tried downloading it but first my Mac blocked it, then it said I need a Java Developer Kit. I do NOT know what this is, and I'm searching around and not sure what exactly I need to download - (I thought all Macs automatically have Java, and shouldn't the Itch Sync just download easily for me?)

Thanks
DjSyndic8 2:21 AM - 27 January, 2019
heres 1.5 github.com

also a tutorial on how to set it up Watchwww.youtube.com

once you set it up then your good to go
and you are right mac does have Java already