Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Seriously, Is this a Joke Pioneer.

J4mes 5:16 PM - 15 August, 2018
Hi Guys,
Didnt think it was gonna be so much drama selling my licence.
So i brought a controller to which i was using & paid for Serato Pro.
I then brought & paid for Serato Flip.

So i then wanted to upgrade from the WEgo to a DDJ-SR, which comes with a full licence.
So decided to let go of my Pro licence ((( Simple enough ))

So i sent a message to CS via support (( Which is very much a backward messaging system )) & it was done quite swiftly i must say.
However….They also removed my Flip. I didnt ask for this to be done & its just a pi%$ take when you have to prove or even feel like their taking the mickey out of you.

Look, not being funny but i did hear things about Serato from some established DJ's & i decided to go with it anyhow. Their CS is just back in the 70's
You should read instructions 100% before you act & not to make your users feel like theve been ripped off.

Please put back my flip as instructed, & stop playing hard to get by sitting behind your pretty computer screen. You know what to do …so lets do it.
Or Do i need to call Pioneer…All day on this simple transaction, just because you removed the wrong licence.

So @Marcus lets get this done please.
I only asked to remove Serato Pro….NOT FLIP
Thanks.
#NotHappy

PS…i can see why companies go out of business when they fail to listen.
& & PLEASE CAN YOU UPDATE YOUR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS….WHY YOU SO SCARED IN TALKING TO THE PEOPLE WHO BUY YOUR SOFTWARE/GOODS & THEY PAY YOUR WAGES.

PLEASE RETURN MY FLIP AS INSTRUCTED.
DjSyndic8 6:08 PM - 15 August, 2018
DDJ SR comes with a free version of Serato DJ Pro which I didn't think was so cause The DDJ SR2 only comes with SDJ Lite and I had to purchase a full version of SDJ Pro,

But you purchased a Full version of SDJ Pro Then you also Bought Flip
did you buy it together at the same time or did you buy them individually?

maybe you did not make it clear to serato what your intentions were?

but if you bought SDJ Pro + Flip as a Package then its understandable that whoever you sold it to... will include Flip in the purchase, and Serato was right in doing this,

IMO you should've just kept the full version cause somewhere down the line you will come across a controller that will require the full version of SDJ Pro, also message the moderator you dealt with and sort it out with him or open up a help request and deal with another moderator support.serato.com
Logisticalstyles 7:01 PM - 15 August, 2018
Do you still have the voucher code for Flip? Why don't you just go into My Serato and reactivate the Flip license? Or better yet, why didn't you deactivate the Serato DJ license from there as well?

support.serato.com

DjSyndic8
Quote:
The DDJ SR2 only comes with SDJ Lite and I had to purchase a full version of SDJ Pro,

The SR2 opens Serato DJ Pro without the need to purchase a license.
DjSyndic8 9:38 PM - 15 August, 2018
Quote:
DjSyndic8
Quote:
The DDJ SR2 only comes with SDJ Lite and I had to purchase a full version of SDJ Pro,

it does too oops I guess I bought the full version when I tried out the SB2
but have sold my SB2 and I upgraded to the DDJ SR2 cause it was portable and small for clubs with small booths :)
Aptidda 9:42 PM - 15 August, 2018
Are you really that upset over $15? Give me a break. $15 wouldn't get me through my morning doing nothing.
DjSyndic8 9:46 PM - 15 August, 2018
Quote:
Are you really that upset over $15? Give me a break. $15 wouldn't get me through my morning doing nothing.

lol :)
J4mes 9:50 PM - 15 August, 2018
Quote:

Dont you have anybody else to bully.
If your not here to help….Do one
J4mes 9:56 PM - 15 August, 2018
Quote:
DDJ SR comes with a free version of Serato DJ Pro which I didn't think was so cause The DDJ SR2 only comes with SDJ Lite and I had to purchase a full version of SDJ Pro,

But you purchased a Full version of SDJ Pro Then you also Bought Flip
did you buy it together at the same time or did you buy them individually?

maybe you did not make it clear to serato what your intentions were?

but if you bought SDJ Pro + Flip as a Package then its understandable that whoever you sold it to... will include Flip in the purchase, and Serato was right in doing this,

IMO you should've just kept the full version cause somewhere down the line you will come across a controller that will require the full version of SDJ Pro, also message the moderator you dealt with and sort it out with him or open up a help request and deal with another moderator support.serato.com

Thanks for the heads up.
last time i done any Djing was on vynil 20+ yr ago, So i started up on the wego.
I brought theSerato Pro, & the flip at different times.
Then when i got the DDJ-SR i decided to sell on the Pro licence.
Maybe your right, would of made sence to keep hold of it.
Aptidda 9:58 PM - 15 August, 2018
Poor J4mes and his measly $15 dollars, gosh you really miss it that much don't you?

Well great news! The people that do my landscaping (Jose and George) are always looking for candidates that believe $15 is a substantial amount of money. I do have a vast property that requires two full days of work with numerous projects underway. DM me for more info!
J4mes 10:07 PM - 15 August, 2018
Quote:
Poor J4mes and his measly $15 dollars, gosh you really miss it that much don't you?

Well great news! The people that do my landscaping (Jose and George) are always looking for candidates that believe $15 is a substantial amount of money. I do have a vast property that requires two full days of work with numerous projects underway. DM me for more info!

Top DJ then…lol
Serato, Support
Luke B 3:03 AM - 16 August, 2018
Hi J4mes,

Sorry for the miscommunication regarding your inquiry.

I've spoken to the agent who last replied in your ticket and they have actioned your request and reinstated your erroneously transferred license.

Aptidda: Please try and keep your contributions constructive, thanks.
DjSyndic8 3:06 AM - 16 August, 2018
Quote:
Hi J4mes,

Sorry for the miscommunication regarding your inquiry.

I've spoken to the agent who last replied in your ticket and they have actioned your request and reinstated your erroneously transferred license.

Aptidda: Please try and keep your contributions constructive, thanks.

success J4mes is again a satisfied serato customer 👍👍👍👍
DJ Tecniq 7:46 AM - 16 August, 2018
Quote:
This is true I sold my SB2 and upgraded to the SR2. The SR2 is not an entry level controller it is suited as a medium grade controller and is plug & play compatible with SDJ Pro so no license purchase is necessary. For a hardware device that’s originally a $700 unit you shouldn’t have to pay a dime for an additional SDJ software license.
J4mes 11:25 AM - 16 August, 2018
All sorted & restored.Thanks for those who helped.
J4mes 11:27 AM - 16 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
This is true I sold my SB2 and upgraded to the SR2. The SR2 is not an entry level controller it is suited as a medium grade controller and is plug & play compatible with SDJ Pro so no license purchase is necessary. For a hardware device that’s originally a $700 unit you shouldn’t have to pay a dime for an additional SDJ software license.

I agree.
DjSyndic8 11:27 AM - 16 August, 2018
Quote:
All sorted & restored.Thanks for those who helped.

im just glad that you are happy bro you were about to throw the towel in lol :)