Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video files play on Home PC, but no joy on Laptop. No Video output only audio.

bnsbts 7:10 PM - 15 July, 2018
Like i say;

Home PC version of Serato Video plays perfectly.
MP4 files downloaded from Xtendamix.

Tried the same install on my Laptop, but I get no Video, only Audio.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled: Serato, Serato Video, Quicktime, FFDShow, Matroska Splitter.
I've also tried re-encoding the files with the Serato Preset in Handbrake.

All system resources (including CPU, GPU, RAM) have loads of headroom when playing dual tracks on Serato.

I've updated my GPU drivers and gone through all the settings as per advice I've found on this website.

It seems to me the GPU isn't being used when playing files. Or perhaps Serato just isn't attempting to display the Video? I'm lost. I just get black screens on all previews and the actual output window.

I've tested the same files with the demo of VDJ and had no issues displaying Video files and mixing it.

Any help would be amazing otherwise it's right off to VDJ I go with a quick stop at the Serato refund counter.

Laptop Specs:

Dell Inspiron 5737
Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @1.80GHz 2.40GHz
16.0GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
AMD Radeon HD 8870M GPU
DjSyndic8 9:12 AM - 16 July, 2018
video playback is all about having the correct codecs installed on your system that you use to play videos heres a common one that window users use> www.cccp-project.net
try it out first and see if it works if it doesn't then you could try K Lite codec pack hope it helps
bnsbts 10:20 AM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
video playback is all about having the correct codecs installed on your system that you use to play videos heres a common one that window users use> www.cccp-project.net
try it out first and see if it works if it doesn't then you could try K Lite codec pack hope it helps

Hi DjSyndic8,

Yeah, tried FFDShow & Matroska Splitter. Neither helped.
Just tried both CCCP-Project & K Lite. Again, no change.
I'm not sure if the issue is Codec related.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
DjSyndic8 10:32 AM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hi DjSyndic8,

does the video play on VLC?
DjSyndic8 10:39 AM - 16 July, 2018
also download this program called Gspot and drag the video file onto the program and it will give you information on what type of codecs were used to create the file also what type of codec you need to use for playback> www.videohelp.com
bnsbts 11:03 AM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi DjSyndic8,

does the video play on VLC?

Yes the videos play fine on all other software including VLC & VDJ.

I'll check out Gspot tonight.