Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

mixed in key? platinum notes

Grandmaster Jamm 6:30 PM - 10 July, 2018
I know that Serato does the same thing that mixed in key does, but, since I'm consolidating ALL of the music that I've collected over the yeas into one location, I'm tempted to use just to get the 8 cue points added to my tracks. I can re-do them as needed, but it would be very convenient to have some cue points in my songs to start with.
what do you think?
also, has anyone used platinum notes?
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:46 PM - 10 July, 2018
I'd stay away from mixed in key or you'll be spending most of your time deleting useless cue points that it adds
popnwave 7:15 PM - 10 July, 2018
Quote:
I'd stay away from mixed in key or you'll be spending most of your time deleting useless cue points that it adds

You uncheck a box to turn that off. The MiK auto cue stuff is pretty terrible in every instance I've tried it. I always leave it off.

I prefer MiK's key detection over Serato's. If you are doing a lot of harmonic mixing, it's worth it, otherwise you don't need it.

Platinum Notes is garbage on MP3s. It is most useful if you rip old CDs (to WAV/AIFF) and they are much quieter (RIP dynamic range) compared to your other material and you don't want to rely on autogain. Plat Notes is not some miracle program, if your track is brickwalled and loud as hell it can't fix clipped material, it just makes it less "loud" and the waveform looks less offensive but it can't restore what was already nuked in the mastering.
Grandmaster Jamm 8:20 PM - 10 July, 2018
thanks for the input!
The main reason that I was leaning towards mixed in key, believe it or not, was FOR the cue points...
I have about 25 thousand tracks, and was trying to take the lazy way out and get some "starter cues" set up.
I didn't know that the key detection was better than Serato.
so, just how bad are the cue points?