Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Any chance of bringing back the 3 band EQ view from earlier versions of Serato?

Sixtroke 6:10 PM - 19 June, 2018
This is the view I'm talking about: imgur.com

I'm not sure what version this began and what version it disappeared in, but in Serato 1.7.0 if you hold Command and click on the big waveform, it gave you a view of the EQ content in the Lows, Mids, and Highs. I've never heard really anyone talk about this view and I can see why it might have been shelved or not included, but I would really like to see it make a comeback in a future version!
938MyDJ 11:17 PM - 19 June, 2018
I might be wrong but I think the colouerd EQ is the replacement for that... which I like better.
Sixtroke 11:20 PM - 19 June, 2018
That's totally fair, but I always found that view fascinating and haven't really seen anything like it since. More options is always better, right?
DJMIYAGI 6:01 PM - 20 June, 2018
Quote:
That's totally fair, but I always found that view fascinating and haven't really seen anything like it since. More options is always better, right?

I think it was hardly used and that's why EQ colored waveforms was introduced. Totally forgot about the 3 band view. I know it was in SSL, but was it ever in SDJ?
938MyDJ 6:24 PM - 20 June, 2018
I think this view will only be returned if SDJ will start supporting STEMS which I don’t see happening anytime soon.
Sixtroke 6:34 PM - 20 June, 2018
Quote:
I know it was in SSL, but was it ever in SDJ?

The screenshot I took was in Serato DJ 1.7.0
DJMIYAGI 7:57 PM - 20 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I know it was in SSL, but was it ever in SDJ?

The screenshot I took was in Serato DJ 1.7.0

Never knew it made it to SDJ. Interesting
AddamXavier 4:41 AM - 21 June, 2018
I used it for aligning the beatgrid and setting cues more precisely. Ideally, i would like to see it return as an offline, single player only option for that reason. But i also understand the reason they removed it is because they were running out of hotkeys. It's missed, but i doubt i'll ever see it again.