Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

can't see the Key letters on the pad's?!

CleS 12:48 PM - 13 June, 2018
Hello Team,
my question is, how I get the Letters matched from my Laptop- Keybord with the Pad's inside Sample? I always saw this in our Overview Vid.but I don't have it if I start Sample in Reaper.
( Reaper newest version, Sertao Sample 1.1)
Please give me a hint.

Bye
CleS
CleS 11:25 AM - 14 June, 2018
Heellooo!
is anyone here?
Did I make my question incomprehensible?

To all, do you also have this problem, or can you see the mapped Letter on the Pad's from Sample?

Thanks in advance
CleS
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:30 PM - 18 June, 2018
Hi CleS, sorry for the inconvenience. The letters on the Pads inside Serato Sample are only shown on our supported DAWs. Even though Serato Sample works well in Reaper, it is not a supported DAW and the keyboard keys are not mapped to display on the pads. Since each DAW can have different keyboard shortcuts we only mapped the ones we currently support.

Hope this helps! Kind regards,
Crispy Sr. 6:43 AM - 9 November, 2019
Hi, I wanted to chime in and say that I'm experiencing the same issue in Maschine, which is a supported DAW if I'm not mistaken. The letters don't appear on the pads. It's frustrating because sometimes I want to work without a pad controller.
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:48 PM - 10 November, 2019
Quote:
I'm experiencing the same issue in Maschine, which is a supported DAW if I'm not mistaken. The letters don't appear on the pads.

Hi Crispy Sr., It is a supported DAW but Maschine does not allow for keyboard musical typing like the other DAWs do www.native-instruments.com

This is why keyboard shortcuts are unavailable, we only show them if the host allows it.

Hope this helps,
Akurra 6:47 PM - 21 November, 2019
There is a workaround: you can...
- open virtual midi keyboard Alt+B
- right click on the settings bar(where you can change the center note and stuff)
- choose "send all keyboard input to virtual midi keyboard"
- adjust the center note position using RMB so SeratoSample reacts to keypresses

Serato could work on making it prettier tho...
Akurra 6:48 PM - 21 November, 2019
Oh, that's a solution for Reaper BTW.
Donelsmokes 1:25 AM - 23 November, 2019
buy a real midi controller