Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Features desprately sought after

Blank_Disk 6:37 AM - 27 May, 2018
the midi editor that is added as standard needs a massive update, it needs a separate menu ui so as we can select a control from a list then map it, like vdj, traktor, Deckadance all have, as far as I can see serato is the only one without this feature, for example I have a second controller and attempted to map it to control decks 3 & 4 but the jog wheel cant be mapped as there is nowhere to select it as a programmable source.
also the sampler needs to be altered so that you have a choice of using a whole track and just having cue's or it actually cutting a track up so you can save samples, this also needs a midi update as there is no way to map the eject button and a few other things via the midi editor.
don't know if you actually read the suggestions on here but it would be nice to get a response as I never see any comments added to the forum get a response.
Hanginon 5:02 PM - 27 May, 2018
Quote:
the midi editor that is added as standard needs a massive update, it needs a separate menu ui so as we can select a control from a list then map it, like vdj, traktor, Deckadance all have, as far as I can see serato is the only one without this feature, for example I have a second controller and attempted to map it to control decks 3 & 4 but the jog wheel cant be mapped as there is nowhere to select it as a programmable source.

Some of the "crippling" is a byproduct of having the hardware and software tied together, to prevent unauthorized licensing. I don't think these limitations can be completely removed (i.e. like completely separating the midi from the sound card like VDJ, Traktor, Deckadance) until they implement how licensing is verified - anyone for a MANDATORY $9.95/month fee like Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom intsead of one-time (seemingly lifetime) purchase?
Blank_Disk 8:32 AM - 28 May, 2018
I don't get why those that get serato with a controller have to use hardware verification why no just give them a key
Hanginon 11:39 AM - 28 May, 2018
Serato's whole system is based on hardware verification, whether sound card, mixer, or controller.

It prevents them from being ripped off, like VDJ all versions prior to 8.0

Unfortunately, at this point in time, it's now a major stumbling block inhibiting future growth.
Despo 8:32 PM - 29 May, 2018
The midi mapping aspect has nothing to do with this though. Verification is all about the soundcard being connected and not much else. Its why you can unlock many midi features by editing the txt files
Hanginon 2:35 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
The midi mapping aspect has nothing to do with this though. Verification is all about the soundcard being connected and not much else. Its why you can unlock many midi features by editing the txt files

In theory, you are correct, but do you really think the typical Serato user, running a Mac, who is really only interested in Plug'n Play, wants to be editing the Auto_Save.xml file with a txt editor? Really??

...and sound cards? Imagine the hundreds of posts on this Forum complaining about the "sound" of Pioneer controllers, being a non-issue because you can use any sound card you want!!

Serato, do the world a favor - separate the hardware from the software.
HellNegative1 2:32 AM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
also the sampler needs to be altered so that you have a choice of using a whole track and just having cue's or it actually cutting a track up so you can save samples, this also needs a midi update as there is no way to map the eject button and a few other things via the midi editor.
don't know if you actually read the suggestions on here but it would be nice to get a response as I never see any comments added to the forum get a response.

This so much. The Midi implementation in Serato is beyond weak. Literally on a whole different level of weak. Complex mappings are impossible. Mapping anything with RGB pads is a p.i.t.a. due to need to edit the values of the xml file.
Blank_Disk 9:57 PM - 31 May, 2018
I sent an email to serato support asking how to map a jog wheel and the response I got was pretty poor, they basically said that there was no major update for midi managing in the near future, so what good is that compared to the competition ?
Blank_Disk 11:11 PM - 27 August, 2018
well sold my sx2 and got me a ddj-1000, cya serato, you may find you lose more people when rb implements Camelot & its coming eventually.