Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Replace with feature request

DJ DaithÍ 12:00 PM - 26 May, 2018
Hi guys.

I'd love to see a feature where we could replace a track with a new one. Let me explain.

So lets say I have a track, which I have already added to many different crates, but then I get a better version of that same track. Normall i'd have to delete that track, then work out which crates the track was tagged in, bring in the new track and analyse it, then add it back to those crates which is hugely time consuming and labourious. It would be wonderful to just choose a track, and replace it with a new version, and all links to crates get automatically updated to that new track.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for listening :)
Blank_Disk 6:40 AM - 27 May, 2018
the easy way to get rid of a track from all crates is to delete it from the 'all audio' pool, as when its deleted from there is removed from the whole library.
DJ DaithÍ 5:52 PM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
the easy way to get rid of a track from all crates is to delete it from the 'all audio' pool, as when its deleted from there is removed from the whole library.

That is not what I was lookign for, did you even read my post? I am looking for a replace feature. I have many crates for different occasions etc where a track might belong to multiple crates. Sometimes I get a higher bitrate version of a tune and I do not want to have to delete the old tune, then re-add to all the crates again. A simple replace function would solve this. I can't be the only one who would want this feature.
Blank_Disk 10:51 PM - 15 June, 2018
I did get your post but the issue is the way serato is designed and written its the only way to do that unfortunately
Papa Midnight 3:46 AM - 18 June, 2018
Quote:
So lets say I have a track, which I have already added to many different crates, but then I get a better version of that same track. Normall i'd have to delete that track, then work out which crates the track was tagged in, bring in the new track and analyse it, then add it back to those crates which is hugely time consuming and labourious. It would be wonderful to just choose a track, and replace it with a new version, and all links to crates get automatically updated to that new track.

I think I get what you're asking for here.

Serato DJ's library functions in a manner wherein library entries are 1:1 with physical files. Accordingly, in the mean time, you can always take the new file, give it the same name (and extension) as the file to be removed, and then overwrite the old file.

With regards to playback, you'll still need to re-scan, set cue points, etc., but it should be entirely transparent as far as the Library is concerned.

It's not perfect, but it should help you out.
DJ STRETCH - NYC 11:31 PM - 20 June, 2018
what about:
1. pick the song to replace and you're able to see the properties (which crate it belongs to, and color,...)
2. you're then able to take all or some of the properties and apply it to the new song.