DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dvs distortion

DJ Hi-Lyfe16 5:31 AM - 14 May, 2018
Ok fam, I recently purchased a Denon DS1, mixer, and ddj sp1, all of a sudden I am getting this horrble playback of distortion and bad feedback, i tried the calibration thing but it stayed at -24 no matter if i clicked estimate. I have changed rca plugs usb plugs grounded well, did all these things and got nothing, hooked my turntables up to my DDJ SX2 and had no problem whatsoever, I am so very frustrated behind all this help!!!! My needles are clean etc, my vinyl isnt scratched,
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:58 AM - 14 May, 2018
Do you have the ds1 set to line instead of Phono?
DJ Hi-Lyfe16 12:39 PM - 14 May, 2018
Quote:
Do you have the ds1 set to line instead of Phono?

Yes I do
Aptidda 4:55 PM - 14 May, 2018
Well that should have answered your question. Since you are using turntables select "Phono" as the input source. Do that and report back.
DJ Hi-Lyfe16 2:02 PM - 15 May, 2018
Quote:
Well that should have answered your question. Since you are using turntables select "Phono" as the input source. Do that and report back.

Ok I turned everything on phono and it was working but the bass was extremely loud so I left the turntables and DS1 on phono but I turned my mixer on all line and it worked perfectly!!!
Aptidda 4:13 PM - 15 May, 2018
There ya go! Well done.