DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What's the point of the Serato 10" plate

Jvine 7:13 PM - 19 April, 2018
I recently bought another mixer on eBay, and the seller sent two 10" Serato control vinyl with it.

At first I thought they were pretty cool, slapped then on the turntables, and went to work. After while, they just became more annoying than anything, so I put the 12" ones back on. It got me thinking though, what's the point? I "get" the 12" and 7". Why the 10" though, just because the could/can, or is there some other reason?
Will08272 8:23 PM - 19 April, 2018
As a non scratcher and part of the post serato wouldn’t call myself a dj, maybe this prospective is informative to some degree, i found them the most fun to use and almost perfect. Granted i have a bias towards what i like and the facts about myself i mentioned above but outisde of that it could be just a can/why not kind of thing or there are many others who have views such as mine and there was a market there.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:29 PM - 19 April, 2018
Easier to throw in a laptop bag I suppose
Logisticalstyles 8:44 PM - 19 April, 2018
I prefer to scratch and juggle with the 10" CV. It's lighter and you have more control over the record IMO. After a month of using the 10" vinyl it was hard to go back to 12" vinyl. I hate the 7" CV unless it's being used on a portable turntable which only has a 7" platter.

Also like Sparky mentioned they are easier to throw in a bag.
Aptidda 9:30 PM - 19 April, 2018
they are more fun than 12" CV. 7" cv is also fun if you want to be constantly resetting your needle staying on your toes hardcore.
Gio Alex 1:42 AM - 20 April, 2018
Quote:
Easier to throw in a laptop bag I suppose

This. I had a small ass dj bag a few years back, and when the 10" Control Vinyl came out it is was a blessing. My record sleeves would no longer bend in my super portable dj bag.
Illiment 4:23 PM - 20 April, 2018
Quote:
I prefer to scratch and juggle with the 10" CV. It's lighter and you have more control over the record IMO. After a month of using the 10" vinyl it was hard to go back to 12" vinyl. I hate the 7" CV unless it's being used on a portable turntable which only has a 7" platter.

Also like Sparky mentioned they are easier to throw in a bag.

all of this