DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Qsc K12.2 or Yamaha DXR 15?

Beauaddams 3:47 PM - 18 April, 2018
Holding off on getting a sub for now, do the dxr 15s hit pretty decent in low end?
Sharod 8:49 PM - 18 April, 2018
Yes they do. I'm sure people here will agree. Not the best but pretty good.
Al Poulin 2:51 AM - 19 April, 2018
The DXR15s simply have a very nice all around (well balanced) sound to them - great for playback music -and they get nice and loud too, while featuring a terrific mixer section and warranty. I've reviewed many, many speakers - and they are pretty much the ones I compare most others to. There are many that go lower and hit harder, but usually this is done through processing and basically those speakers that are processed to have strong deep frequencies, will lose those deep low frequencies once the volume goes up and you'll be left with only the higs getting louder since the woofer is out of excursion. What I like about the DXR15s is that they start with great sound and they maintain that great sound at all levels. Truth is, any 15" woofer or 12" woofer in a full range cabinet can only produce so much bass. Once the speakers are up on stands, alot of that bass is lost. Subs are always the best idea if you expect deep and strong bass. 15s on stands can produce decent full range sound, but it is never a good idea to boost the bass on your mixer to try to get speakers on stands to produce low frequencies that subs are so much better at producing. So yes, the DXR15s (or even DBR15s) produce a decent full sound, but subs will always sound better IMO.

Al
Hanginon 9:07 PM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
The DXR15s simply have a very nice all around (well balanced) sound to them - great for playback music -and they get nice and loud too, while featuring a terrific mixer section and warranty. I've reviewed many, many speakers - and they are pretty much the ones I compare most others to. There are many that go lower and hit harder, but usually this is done through processing and basically those speakers that are processed to have strong deep frequencies, will lose those deep low frequencies once the volume goes up and you'll be left with only the higs getting louder since the woofer is out of excursion. What I like about the DXR15s is that they start with great sound and they maintain that great sound at all levels. Truth is, any 15" woofer or 12" woofer in a full range cabinet can only produce so much bass. Once the speakers are up on stands, alot of that bass is lost. Subs are always the best idea if you expect deep and strong bass. 15s on stands can produce decent full range sound, but it is never a good idea to boost the bass on your mixer to try to get speakers on stands to produce low frequencies that subs are so much better at producing. So yes, the DXR15s (or even DBR15s) produce a decent full sound, but subs will always sound better IMO.

Al

There is a reason QSC doesn't even market a two way 15" - mid range resolution - and it's the only thing I'd add to the above, very fair opinion of the DXR15.
Al Poulin 5:04 PM - 21 September, 2018
I got to hear the K12.2 at a wedding a few weeks ago. No thanks. They get loud, yes, and have pretty good bass for 12s, but the sound quality is just OK IMO, with mids that are somewhat piercing on certain songs... I'll keep my DXR15s.

Al