Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

calibrating rane 72 crossfader

Terrence Stokes 2:35 PM - 12 April, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the rane 72 crossfader? You could do this by holding deck 1 and 2 cue button on the 64 while powering on the mixer.
Terrence Stokes 2:42 PM - 12 April, 2018
On the fader adjust screen, if I adjust the the curve on the left to zero the channel won't close unless I apply some pressure holding the fader. Looking at the adjust screen, the when i put it all the way to the left it shows 1 not 0. The right side is perfect at zero. I have to set the left to 2 because it bleeds at 1 also but sound fine. I wonder if that the new calibration function?
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:46 PM - 12 April, 2018
The sensors might be out, was a problem with previous rane mixers
Terrence Stokes 2:50 PM - 12 April, 2018
I'm swapping one one of the line faders with the crossfader to test. I had a similar problem with the 64 fader. It was due to the magnet on the fader not center well. But you could recalibrate the 64.
Terrence Stokes 2:55 PM - 12 April, 2018
Anybody Interested in a Rane 64 a Infinity Fader.
Terrence Stokes 3:01 PM - 12 April, 2018
Swapping them out did the trick.
Terrence Stokes 3:04 PM - 12 April, 2018
By doing so the the fader with the non calibrated zero zone is now the upper volume of line 1, worked out well.
DJ Tecniq 3:16 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
The sensors might be out, was a problem with previous rane mixers
Lol that’s the price you pay for a Rane mixer😂
Terrence Stokes 3:24 PM - 12 April, 2018
Minor Tweet. lol
Terrence Stokes 3:24 PM - 12 April, 2018
Tweak
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:26 PM - 12 April, 2018
So you moved the fader but the problem still exists just now on the upfader?
Terrence Stokes 3:33 PM - 12 April, 2018
yes but on the top of deck 1 now i don't need
Terrence Stokes 3:35 PM - 12 April, 2018
Maybe I show Let Rane Know since it is on warranty now. Maybe they can replace it.
DJ Tecniq 4:08 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Maybe I show Let Rane Know since it is on warranty now. Maybe they can replace it.
For almost a $2000 mixer i would be doing that and be sure to chew their ass out.
Terrence Stokes 4:20 PM - 12 April, 2018
Just sent in a support claim will know something in 24 to 72 hours.
Terrence Stokes 4:40 PM - 12 April, 2018
Found another issue. On my display where it shows the key of the song, If you press shift and the key it will change to pitch-n-time symbol. My problem in only deck 2 shows the PnT symbol, other side show the old note symbol. I know they both suppose to show the PnT symbol cause i saw it on Aptiddas Unboxing on youtube. I can't get mine to show the same on symbol on both sides.
DJ Tecniq 4:45 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Found another issue. On my display where it shows the key of the song, If you press shift and the key it will change to pitch-n-time symbol. My problem in only deck 2 shows the PnT symbol, other side show the old note symbol. I know they both suppose to show the PnT symbol cause i saw it on Aptiddas Unboxing on youtube. I can't get mine to show the same on symbol on both sides.
Send it back in a body bag. Thank inMusic
dj_soo 6:30 PM - 12 April, 2018
Didn’t you go through 2 s9s before you got one that worked?

Your salt is really showing
Terrence Stokes 6:36 PM - 12 April, 2018
Check this out. While I was talking to Rane customer support to explain the defect of the mag 3 fader I cut on the mixer and it just work as normal. No problamo - go figure. But he said the PnT issue is software related and be looking for future updates.
DJ Tecniq 7:07 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Didn’t you go through 2 s9s before you got one that worked?

Your salt is really showing
No only one bruh. My first had faulty xlr and booth output. Replacement been solid over 2 years now👊🏼Bang!
DJ Tecniq 7:08 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Check this out. While I was talking to Rane customer support to explain the defect of the mag 3 fader I cut on the mixer and it just work as normal. No problamo - go figure. But he said the PnT issue is software related and be looking for future updates.
PNT has always had issues. No surprise.
Terrence Stokes 2:27 PM - 14 April, 2018
Quote:

Found the problem. Had to delete the xml file in the midi folder. apparently it had some scratch live midi mapped files in it which cause my 72 screen to show different symbols for PnT
Terrence Stokes 3:11 PM - 14 April, 2018
I notice that my wave screen on the 72 does not show the beat grids and cue points to most of song but they show on the laptop. If I redo them they will show. Has Anyone else have this issue.
Mick Swell 4:24 PM - 16 April, 2018
Dont know if anyone noticed, but if you adjust the cut in on the 72, or any other parameter for that matter, after you turn the mixer off and turn it back on, the adjustments don't hold. I like my cut in at 1, but when I turn the mixer back on after shutting it down, it defaults to 3. Not a big deal, probably something that will get updated soon enough.
lazyellow.com 7:31 PM - 22 April, 2018
Quote:
On the fader adjust screen, if I adjust the the curve on the left to zero the channel won't close unless I apply some pressure holding the fader. Looking at the adjust screen, the when i put it all the way to the left it shows 1 not 0. The right side is perfect at zero. I have to set the left to 2 because it bleeds at 1 also but sound fine. I wonder if that the new calibration function?

I have the same issue! The left side just doesn't cut quite right at all; my left channel fader also feels alot 'smoother' its weird. Might try a swap.
Dave-M 6:46 AM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have the same issue! The left side just doesn't cut quite right at all; my left channel fader also feels alot 'smoother' its weird. Might try a swap.

There's a firmware update that fixes this.
Dave-M 6:48 AM - 23 April, 2018
The cut in issue I meant, not the left fader tension. My 72 is going back today to fix the left channel fader.
Aptidda 4:10 PM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
The cut in issue I meant, not the left fader tension. My 72 is going back today to fix the left channel fader.

you sent the mixer in because you are too incompetent to swap out a crossfader?
Dave-M 5:32 PM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

you sent the mixer in because you are too incompetent to swap out a crossfader?

No, I sent the mixer in because they will not issue parts under warranty to UK customers, they will only offer a repair free of charge. The other alternative which was the first thing that was offered was to return it to the retailer for a replacement mixer, but there's no stock in the UK at the moment and a few week's wait, so a repair is the only choice I had.

I've had a 56S for maybe 8 years prior to the 72, so I'm used to servicing magnetic faders.

Finally, when I read your comments now, I read them in your high voice, it's quite amusing lol
Aptidda 5:35 PM - 23 April, 2018
ok great, thanks Dave.