Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

No Video in Preview only Output

spacetoonz 5:56 AM - 29 March, 2018
Anyone having the same issue?

Just got the Pioneer DJM-S3 Mixer and using version 1.9.10.
spacetoonz 7:31 AM - 29 March, 2018
Saw earlier post referring to this link....support.serato.com

Im using OS X Version 10.9.5

Still not working after doing....

Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;
DJ Tecniq 3:51 AM - 30 March, 2018
It’s a bug that’s been around forever. Restart your computer the screens will eventually reappear. May take multiple restarts. Welcome to the hell of Serato Video.
spacetoonz 7:02 AM - 30 March, 2018
Thanx Tecniq, unfortunately still not working even after multiple shut downs.

Think it could be because I'm running Serato Video version 1.9.10 and not the latest?

I'm worried if I upgrade it may be worse since my OS X is Version 10.9.5 -- and my 2008 Macbook Pro can't handle 10.13.3.

Thoughts?

Appreciate the help.
popnwave 2:31 PM - 30 March, 2018
Don't upgrade your OS, and it still happens in SDJ Pro 2.0.x it's a freakin headache and eventually they come back after restarts.

Like I said, I only use Serato Video in offline/practice mode for doing library work and it does it to me all the time. Luckily Mix Emergency is what I use otherwise and it never skips a beat.
DJ Tecniq 4:32 PM - 30 March, 2018
Quote:
Think it could be because I'm running Serato Video version 1.9.10 and not the latest?
Nope I’m on Yosemite OS X still and it happens with all versions of SDJ. Doesn’t matter. Instead of shutting down do a restart of the laptop if that doesn’t fix it try “pram reset” on Mac. Google it.
spacetoonz 6:55 AM - 31 March, 2018
Thanx Tecniq for the suggestion regarding PRAM reset.

It still didn’t work for me but I did some digging and learned there’s a major connection to my issue regarding the battery. Being that there’s a small amount of battery-backed memory that stores information the computer needs before it loads the operating system — I’m thinking that may be the culprit. Mine has been basically dead for over a year, since I can find one anymore, and I have been running it soley on the power cable since. It does hold some some juice but only lasts about 5 minutes until it dies. The weird thing is I used to be able to run it with the battery completely out but now it won’t run at all unless the battery is in there.

Sounds like your pretty educated on Macs, and obviously Serato Video, so can that be the issue? I’m really thinking about just buying a new Mac as this is driving me nuts and I have a gig next weekend but I don’t exactly have 1.5K just sitting in the bank.

Appreciate the help.

Thanx from LV.
Jimmie
DJ Tecniq 7:16 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Thanx Tecniq for the suggestion regarding PRAM reset.

It still didn’t work for me but I did some digging and learned there’s a major connection to my issue regarding the battery. Being that there’s a small amount of battery-backed memory that stores information the computer needs before it loads the operating system — I’m thinking that may be the culprit. Mine has been basically dead for over a year, since I can find one anymore, and I have been running it soley on the power cable since. It does hold some some juice but only lasts about 5 minutes until it dies. The weird thing is I used to be able to run it with the battery completely out but now it won’t run at all unless the battery is in there.

Sounds like your pretty educated on Macs, and obviously Serato Video, so can that be the issue? I’m really thinking about just buying a new Mac as this is driving me nuts and I have a gig next weekend but I don’t exactly have 1.5K just sitting in the bank.

Appreciate the help.

Thanx from LV.
Jimmie
I hear ya but any used 15” 2012 or above MacBook Pro is plenty sufficient for Serato/Video. You can find Macs in incredible shape on fb marketplace. Students sell them for cheap. I paid $2400 for my Mid 2014 Mac but that’s also because I wanted the best. It’s still doing wonders for me.
DJ Tecniq 7:17 AM - 31 March, 2018
I bought my Mac from Best Buy. Def check the marketplace or eBay. Just make sure it has a secondary video card for best performance.
Just Mike 2:38 PM - 3 April, 2018
This problem has been around for a while with Serato DJ. Her is the fix:

1. Close Serato DJ
2. Move cursor to the "Go" tab. A drop-down window will open.
3. Press the "option" key while the cursor is still hovering over the "Go" tab.
4. You will see the "Library" category pop up when you press the "option" key.
5. Continue holding the "option" key and bring your cursor down to the "Library" category and click on the "Library" category.
6. Go to the "Preferences" folder
7. Scroll down until you come to com.serato.video.plist
8. Delete it and restart Serato. Display should work again.
spacetoonz 7:29 AM - 4 April, 2018
Thanx Mike, Tried this and still no luck.

As last resort I installed Serato Pro to my iMac. It’s a workhorse with latest OS. Installed and Flying through no problem accept.... still no preview Video, even after doing all the above steps. Starting to think it’s my mixer. Can it just be the PIONEER DJM-S3 doesn’t support preview video? If so this mixer won’t work for me.

What is up???
Just Mike 12:15 PM - 4 April, 2018
spacetoonz, repeat the steps above and delete anything that has serato video plist. There are 2 -3 different ones. Make sure you delete all of them. It's not your mixer, my friend.
Just Mike 12:22 PM - 4 April, 2018
Quote:
spacetoonz, repeat the steps above and delete anything that has serato video plist. There are 2 -3 different ones. Make sure you delete all of them. It's not your mixer, my friend.

Only delete there "serato video plist" phrase.
spacetoonz 2:57 PM - 4 April, 2018
Just tried that as well. Nothing.

Noticed some of them come back after every restart. So even if this did work, this needs to be done every time?
Shawn Greenwood 1:17 AM - 2 November, 2018
Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Found This
Elykyle 4:08 AM - 3 November, 2019
so honestly the fact that these issues are happening and that serato video even when i did have it working was choking on content despite having 89% idle cpu makes me really wonder why Serato is charging for this product at all... first i was excited, then disappointed, and now every time i try to use video it works less and less to the point where now it wont load media files,it wont preview, it wont show up on the output, it wont even let me set effects, so in other words it literally does nothing at all now and i paid for this??
Elykyle 4:12 AM - 3 November, 2019
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
10.13.6 high sierra
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
DJ Tecniq 7:03 PM - 3 November, 2019
Restarting your laptop should sort the preview screens missing. It may take 1-2 restarts for them to reappear but eventually they will. It’s a bug that I thought was fixed with the last SV update but I still have to restart my laptop every now & then.