DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DJM-S9 Utility Panel Blinking, mixer not on.

DJKROOKS 12:15 AM - 18 March, 2018
So this is more of a Pioneer DJM S9 Question, but still serato related.
After turning on my S9 after i did a gig a day or two ago, when i turned it on the cue buttons didn't highlight like usual. The mixer itself is not on, but the utility panel is blinking red.

-My first thought was it's in update mode, so i tried getting out of it by using the left parameter and back button, with the power button. No luck.
- Tried switching power cords and new power supply. No luck.
- Tried updating firmware, but my computer wont recognize it.
I've seen a few people had the same problem but have stated how they fixed it.

Anyone had the same issue? Any advice?
CMOS 4:37 PM - 18 March, 2018
Press utility button so it turns off then start the mixer again.
DJKROOKS 5:43 PM - 18 March, 2018
Just tried that and it didn’t work :(

Quote:
Press utility button so it turns off then start the mixer again.
DJKROOKS 10:54 PM - 20 March, 2018
UPDATE:

Just got mine looked at by a local service center. It was also the power supply. So they're going to replace it. Costed me $75 USD to get it looked at.
Another $250 to get it fixed. Kinda disappointed since i take care of it really nicely and have had it for a year and a half. warranty expired.
dj_soo 12:07 AM - 21 March, 2018
The s9 only having a 3 month warranty is only one of the reasons I’m opting to wait for the 72.
Mr. Goodkat 1:00 AM - 21 March, 2018
THAT. IS. TERRIBLE.

now i see why a s9 is a terrible idea
skampy 2:40 PM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
The s9 only having a 3 month warranty is only one of the reasons I’m opting to wait for the 72.

3 months??

In the EU, all products are covered by a 2 years warranty minimum.
DJKROOKS 3:47 PM - 21 March, 2018
In the U.S. warranty is only a year.
Sucks cause if it would’ve happen 6 months ago I would have been covered :(
DJ Irv 4:52 PM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
n the U.S. warranty is only a year.
Sucks cause if it would’ve happen 6 months ago I would have been covered :(

Some credit cards automatically cover you for a 2nd year on electronics. They will not pay for things without a tiny bit of trouble but, my friend has gotten things replaced after a 1year warranty expired after a bit of back n' forth with the CC company.
Dj Rehab 7:36 PM - 23 March, 2018
Mine did this. It was the power supply. The light just blinks no other lights work. I sent it to Norman's in Atlanta (authorized Pioneer service center). They repaired it for $260 and sent it back. Took 2.5 months for Pioneer to get the part to them. But that's whats wrong with your mixer.
DJ Ozah 8:53 PM - 23 March, 2018
WTH kinda repair shop is that? Most places will only charge a diagnostic fee if there is nothing wrong/you don't follow thru with the repair. Typically they apply the fee toward the repair. That sucks. I just looked up the part and it's about $120 bucks..I wonder how hard it is to put in a power supply. Dj Rehab is better then me I'm not waiting 3 months.

Quote:
UPDATE:

Just got mine looked at by a local service center. It was also the power supply. So they're going to replace it. Costed me $75 USD to get it looked at.
Another $250 to get it fixed. Kinda disappointed since i take care of it really nicely and have had it for a year and a half. warranty expired.