Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro /Serato DJ

kvnkrz 6:31 PM - 12 March, 2018
Hi ya'll

Macbook pro late 2011
2.8 i7
16gb RAM
1TB SSD.

I can only run serato dj at 10ms any lower I see the software lagging while playing two tracks and searching..

What is required on my part, I just want to run serato smoothly as SSL..

Setups includes:
Sc500+DJM900nsx2+sc5000
RP8000+DJM+RP8000
SX2
popnwave 7:00 PM - 12 March, 2018
What OS are you on? If you're on High Sierra you might want to roll back to Yosemite.
kvnkrz 7:41 PM - 12 March, 2018
10.12.4 Sierra.. will Yosemite work better?
popnwave 8:04 PM - 12 March, 2018
If you have an extra external drive you can install Yosemite on, I'd do that, install just the basics of SDJ Pro and whatever hardware drivers you might need and try that out at home or where ever you can test. Just have your MacBook Pro boot to that on startup and play around a bit.

The 2011s see to be really getting pushed on their performance limits once you get past Yosemite. You might notice better responsiveness going back.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:42 PM - 12 March, 2018
no need for an external just partition your internal drive and you can install another OS on it
kvnkrz 9:36 PM - 12 March, 2018
Is I downgrade go Yosemite, and Currently have time machine back ups of Sierra will is stay on Yosemite and restore all my apps/music/etc ? Or go back to Sierra?
popnwave 10:30 PM - 12 March, 2018
Time Machine will keep your Sierra stuff safe, but there are apps that have versions that won't work on Yosemite so it will not restore TO that version.

That's why I was suggesting do a stripped down test install, don't move everything over until you are sure it even does what you want it to do.
kvnkrz 12:30 AM - 13 March, 2018
Quote:
Time Machine will keep your Sierra stuff safe, but there are apps that have versions that won't work on Yosemite so it will not restore TO that version.

That's why I was suggesting do a stripped down test install, don't move everything over until you are sure it even does what you want it to do.

Thanks for the info man, I'll try figuring out how to get a fresh Yosemite and install or partition on my SSD or external.

For the specs I have I don't really wanna spend on a new Mac. Specially with the new XPS/Razer