Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sorry guys but Scratch Live is better then SDJ Pro

DjLouie Jr 3:08 AM - 12 March, 2018
i had a major crash with the Serato Pro this weekend i give up, went back to Scratch Live its Running Rock solid not mention that SSL Sounds so much better then SDJ Pro can somebody explain to me how could a company make a Newer version of a software that the created and make it worst then the previous version ?????????????????? SMFH!!!!!!!!
DjSyndic8 3:55 AM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
i had a major crash with the Serato Pro this weekend i give up, went back to Scratch Live its Running Rock solid not mention that SSL Sounds so much better then SDJ Pro can somebody explain to me how could a company make a Newer version of a software that the created and make it worst then the previous version ?????????????????? SMFH!!!!!!!!

what kind of issues are you having?
dj_soo 5:42 AM - 12 March, 2018
DJ pro has been pretty rock solid for me since the beta. I've had the occasional issue, but I was having plenty with SSL by the time I stopped using it as well.

When's the last time you've rescanned your files? Cleared out corrupt files from the library?
John Calipari 3:14 PM - 12 March, 2018
Me also, SDJP has ran solid for me, no serious complaints.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:22 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
DJ pro has been pretty rock solid for me since the beta. I've had the occasional issue, but I was having plenty with SSL by the time I stopped using it as well.

When's the last time you've rescanned your files? Cleared out corrupt files from the library?

Been solid for me since beta as well. And I'm a Windows user.

I see so many people on Facebook complaining about how bad the update is. They don't even want to think it could be their machines or library.
makkuso 5:09 PM - 12 March, 2018
I had serious lagging too in pro/lite, older worked fine... Ended up to buy new laptop, 7gen i5/16gb/gtx1050ti/m2pcie 256gb ssd+1tb hdd. all good now...
Aptidda 6:26 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:

Sorry Louie, no one give AF about you and SSL. Go buy a decent computer and fix your library, then come back and apologize.
dj_soo 8:28 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Been solid for me since beta as well. And I'm a Windows user.

I see so many people on Facebook complaining about how bad the update is. They don't even want to think it could be their machines or library.

It's amazing to me that people bitch when their 8-10 year old laptops can't handle the latest software.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:32 PM - 12 March, 2018
It also amazes me when 8-10 year old software is better then what the company currently puts out
dj_soo 8:34 PM - 12 March, 2018
Subjective - I much prefer playing on sdj to scratchlive.

Haven't opened SSL in years.
DjLouie Jr 12:19 AM - 14 March, 2018
@Aptidda You should think before type bro!!! I have a 2015 Mac book pro15'' 2.8 1TD HD, I also Have A 6 RCT TT25A with 6 Subs Rane 62/CDJ-2000 Combo Sound Rig that i rent out To A lot of Pro Dj's here New York City & Manny of them still use SSL They Lit up in the club, But i bet your just a Bedroom Dj !!!
dj_soo 12:27 AM - 14 March, 2018
Ignore him - he's the resident troll right now.

When's the last time you've cleaned up your library? I initially had a bunch of problems with sdj when I first switched and realized that I basically had a mishmash of files scanned from scratchlive like 1.5 and itch on up. Try giving your library a full rescan and see if that helps.
dj_soo 12:28 AM - 14 March, 2018
I also had to rebuild my database and that helped.

Try renaming your _serato_ folder and moving back your crates and other essential folders and see if that helps.
DjLouie Jr 12:37 AM - 14 March, 2018
I Will Try that, I was playing at The Dugout NYC this Saturday it was running great at the house also at the club then 2 hours into my set it just crash i was scrolling down then it just cut-off i then turn on Scratch Live & played all night with out any issue P.S all my music is from Digiwaxx, franchise record pool or from Apple So Doubt its the music. i never download youtube rips or share Music thanks dj_soo
dj_soo 12:58 AM - 14 March, 2018
Shit gets corrupted sometimes too.

What hardware are you using?
DjLouie Jr 2:00 AM - 14 March, 2018
Rane 62 Z trip / Cdj-2000 in HID Mode
dj_soo 2:12 AM - 14 March, 2018
latest firmware installed? what's your os?
pdidy 3:08 AM - 14 March, 2018
DjLouie Jr, WHAT mac os ? have you updated mac os recently? if so, was it a wipe then clean install?
Philmixit 10:38 AM - 14 March, 2018
I have scratch live, and I will never say that is is better than Serato DJ PRO, Serato DJ Pro Is by far the better software ever, solid , stable ,and superia for me.
I have no problem at all.
.to Serato team job well done.
DjRoo-1 4:19 PM - 14 March, 2018
Was crashing on me tonight and nothing g to do with music files. Simply turning a deck from thru to relative modes with no track loaded and crash and a top spec 4 year old Macbook Pro which should have no problems running sdjp
John Calipari 5:08 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Was crashing on me tonight and nothing g to do with music files. Simply turning a deck from thru to relative modes with no track loaded and crash and a top spec 4 year old Macbook Pro which should have no problems running sdjp

I assume you have already created a Ticket# with Support?

Did you remove 1.9.x or install Pro alongside of it?

Did you have any add-ons activated (Video, P-N-T)?

Were you running any other APP in the background?
DJ dVO 5:08 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:

Is it repeatable? If yes, please report. It will help the Serarto team in their quest to make SDJP more stable.
DjRoo-1 9:34 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have now created a ticket for it as I was on my way home in a cab from my gig when posting here.

1.9 was removed, video not activated, pnt was on and no other apps in the background. I guess wais and see what the guys here reply with
dj_soo 12:46 AM - 15 March, 2018
still haven't mentioned your OS
DjLouie Jr 1:56 AM - 15 March, 2018
I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 I've been running Serato Dj Pro at my house it has not crashed again, I really want to know why did it crash at the last gig I use the same gear at home as in the club
DjLouie Jr 1:57 AM - 15 March, 2018
Also my Rane 62 & CDJ-2000 are on the latest firmware
hersh20 7:51 PM - 15 March, 2018
*than
Aptidda 8:18 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 I've been running Serato Dj Pro at my house it has not crashed again, I really want to know why did it crash at the last gig I use the same gear at home as in the club

Because the program despises you and your petty operation. When you at home there is no stress and nothing riding on your performance.

When you are "out doing super awesome gigs" and "making bank, bro" the vibes in the air communicate with the electric charge of the equipment.

The presence of an electric charge, which can be either positive or negative, produces an electric field. The movement of electric charges is an electric current and produces a magnetic field.

When a charge is placed in a location with a non-zero electric field, a force will act on it. The magnitude of this force is given by Coulomb's law. Thus, if that charge were to move, the electric field would be doing work on the electric charge. Thus we can speak of electric potential at a certain point in space, which is equal to the work done by an external agent in carrying a unit of positive charge from an arbitrarily chosen reference point to that point without any acceleration and is typically measured in volts.

Electricity is at the heart of many modern technologies, and that modern technology is your gear. With all these electric fields from the people in the room you are bound to have issues.
Despo 12:51 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Because the program despises you and your petty operation. When you at home there is no stress and nothing riding on your performance.

When you are "out doing super awesome gigs" and "making bank, bro" the vibes in the air communicate with the electric charge of the equipment.

The presence of an electric charge, which can be either positive or negative, produces an electric field. The movement of electric charges is an electric current and produces a magnetic field.

When a charge is placed in a location with a non-zero electric field, a force will act on it. The magnitude of this force is given by Coulomb's law. Thus, if that charge were to move, the electric field would be doing work on the electric charge. Thus we can speak of electric potential at a certain point in space, which is equal to the work done by an external agent in carrying a unit of positive charge from an arbitrarily chosen reference point to that point without any acceleration and is typically measured in volts.

Electricity is at the heart of many modern technologies, and that modern technology is your gear. With all these electric fields from the people in the room you are bound to have issues.

I Know this ja a joke post but

I got a Text Message once while djing in a Club at about 3 am. Uhr Content of that Text Message were so bad that i got mad pissed as fuck. Next thing I knew is electricity failed in whole club. Lights went dark and turntables powered down

Don't spread bad vibes yo
DjLouie Jr 1:03 AM - 16 March, 2018
@ Aptidda AKA Resident Troll / AKA THE BEDROOM DJ G.OA.T, your rite When you at home there is no stress and nothing riding on your performance. You should know as i thats the only place you play at
John Calipari 12:36 PM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Big Perm is gonna want either his Weed or his money
LuisBeyra 3:43 PM - 16 March, 2018
Please Serato DJ PRO is CRAP!!!!

After so many years, after spending so much money, after weekly updates for 4 years they can't still get it right!!! we dont event get a LICENSE KEY... and we always need a good internet connection for this crap serato to work correctly .. and yes SERATO SCRATCH LIVE is better
WildcardX 5:25 PM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:

By chance, do you have SMC Fan Control running on your Mac? Why I ask is because I am wondering if heat had a reason to do with the crash.
raedonquan 5:50 PM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
Please Serato DJ PRO is CRAP!!!!

After so many years, after spending so much money, after weekly updates for 4 years they can't still get it right!!! we dont event get a LICENSE KEY... and we always need a good internet connection for this crap serato to work correctly .. and yes SERATO SCRATCH LIVE is better

License Key what for.... choose the right controller and opens the software no license needed.. no internet.... only time internet is need is when you buy a expansion pack or when you first get a serato device.

if you roll to a spot that has cdjs and a djm nexus setup you need a license to unlock the nexus to work
Christ beats I. 9:44 PM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

what kind of issues are you having?
Christ beats I. 9:44 PM - 16 March, 2018
Piss off!
Aptidda 11:44 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
@ Aptidda AKA Resident Troll / AKA THE BEDROOM DJ G.OA.T, your rite When you at home there is no stress and nothing riding on your performance. You should know as i thats the only place you play at

Louie get it RIGHT man! I DJ CARNIVALS! Those are more important than ANY gig you have ever "performed" at. When you got lions, tigers, and elephants and shit riding on your performance you want to keep those mofo's HAPPY. Or else you get trampled children and bystanders. Now BOW DOWN AND HAIL THE 72!
DjLouie Jr 12:25 AM - 29 March, 2018
@Aptidda (LMFAO) are you sure your a DJ ? i think your a Comedian because Your funny as Hell Kid
DjRoo-1 2:23 PM - 30 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have now created a ticket for it as I was on my way home in a cab from my gig when posting here.

1.9 was removed, video not activated, pnt was on and no other apps in the background. I guess wais and see what the guys here reply with

Uninstalled 2.0 and updated to 2.0.1 and no crashing now, still no grid view tho ;)
Mr. Goodkat 8:33 PM - 30 March, 2018
Ive been using pro and went back an forth with SSL and SDJ.

I'm not saying SSL is better, BUT i can say that any of the devices i used with SSL ALWAYS WORKED .

with serato dj and serato pro a Rane 62 or a Pioneer s9 sent my virtual decks spinning backward. SSL worked with the 62.

i know its just anecdotal but still it just sucks knowing that when ever i dj with those mixers, i have to have my sl3 box from 08 or whenever it came out.
Hanginon 1:45 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
i know its just anecdotal but still it just sucks knowing that when ever i dj with those mixers, i have to have my sl3 box from 08 or whenever it came out.

Hope is on the way - subscription pricing!
serato.com

They are copying Adobe, and IMHO by V3.0 they will have figured out a way to completely separate the hardware from licensing, without risking license hacking.
Mr. Goodkat 4:25 AM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hope is on the way - subscription pricing!
serato.com

They are copying Adobe, and IMHO by V3.0 they will have figured out a way to completely separate the hardware from licensing, without risking license hacking.

?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:25 PM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
all my music is from Digiwaxx,

LMAO...

You know the Bitrate for their files is 192kbps, right?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:25 PM - 1 April, 2018
BTW, ScratchLive FTW.
dj_soo 6:31 PM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO...

it's almost all 320 now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:21 PM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO...

it's almost all 320 now

I JUST looked at new tracks on there, and they're STILL 192KBPS.
dj_soo 7:35 PM - 1 April, 2018
they never updated the text, but the majority of downloads from them are now 320 although there are still a couple lower bitrate ones.
Logy 6:07 PM - 10 January, 2021
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I had been using Serato DJ (I think it was 1.7 or something like that because it was 'okay' with AMD processors) on Windows 7 and I was getting the occasional audio glitch when I was using many effects on DDJ SP1.

I recently got another system that has Windows 10 and I tried latest Serato DJ Pro, then went back to versions 1.8 and also 1.9.6 (I think) and no matter what the audio glitches were getting much worse and happening during regular playback more often. Using any effects? Good luck! The thing would be glitching like mad.

Now, I know my system is a bit shitty, although better than my previous system. It also has an AMD processor, which says it all really. I'm in no position, though, to buy a proper Windows system that should run Serato DJ on Windows 10 with no issues.

So, after reading before that Scratch Live isn't even supported by Windows 10 I didn't even give it real consideration initially, but today I re-installed Scratch Live for the first time in at least a couple of years, and my word! The thing runs like a dream!! No audio glitches whatsoever.

The only thing is the DDJ SP1 is way more limited with Scratch Live than the fully functional controller it was with the versions of Serato DJ and DJ Pro listed above... some effects, library scrolling, hot cues, and that's about it. But I don't really care. I'm using DVS and not having all the bells and whistles is fine by me because I don't feel much of a difference when I'm mixing between DVS and regular vinyl.

It's amazing how much more smoothly it runs compared to Serato DJ. The difference is like night and day!
Bigheaded1 12:25 AM - 11 January, 2021
Is there a lot of junk installed on the new system? And what AMD processor, the newer Ryzen's are at worse on par with their Intel counterparts. And the new Ryzen 3-9's are beasts. I have a 10 year old i5 3570k and Searto 2.4.3 runs flawlessly. And even an entry level Ryzen 3 would be a bit better than mine. I've never used SL so I can't comment on it. But my i5 Windows 10 box I get no audio issues with Serato and outside of it taking forever to analyze tracks, it runs super smooth. I want to get a Laptop soon it'll definitely be a Ryzen. Maybe you have a pre Ryzen CPU though,
Logy 9:13 AM - 11 January, 2021
Yeah, mine's definitely pre-Ryzen (probably around the same age as your system). I've heard that the Ryzen processors are top notch, and same with Intel i5, i7, etc. I don't think there's much junk on it either. My sister gave it to me and she's a computer technician and did a fresh install of Windows and all that. Pretty sure it's an AMD processor. It's IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® Processor G620

I mean I have installed some programs, which probably doesn't help, but whenever playing I shut down everything, made all the CPU/power saving moves - I even ritualistically shut down internet, firewall and anti-virus before playing, and still I have lots of glitching. It's probably just not the right kind of system to make it work properly. It's a rare event (less than 1 in 10) where I get to play for an hour or so and have no audio glitches. Most recently it happened after my first session with new control vinyl and needles, but next session I was back to glitches galore.

The interesting thing is I haven't made those extra steps with turning off internet, firewall, and anti-virus and Scratch Live is running as smooth as I could hope for.

I'll have to save up and get myself a Ryzen or i7 machine, because I'd like to use Serato DJ Pro again eventually, but in the meantime I'll carry on with Scratch Live. It was just too frustrating playing Serato DJ and suffering through the audio glitching, afraid to engage effects, etc.