Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

cates dissapearing

Nick E-P 2:43 PM - 4 March, 2018
So I have a Roland controller so from buying this i have made the switch to serato from Traktor.

My opinion... Im impressed with the features of serato and the integration of the roland into the software, however, there are a few very annoying issues

I spent a few hours making crates to start organising my library because as many of you know thats a good 70 per cent of the battle when your DJing is being able to find things, fast.

I restarted serato today for a quick mix, and BAM, he rage hit me when i realised all that work spent making new genre crates, bpm, sub genre crates had gone completely!

Please help, if my subscription didnt go out again today because i forgot about it I more than likely would not have subscribed as my controller has developed a fault and I could see me going through the trouble of mapping the controller with traktor while its repaired.

Please restore some faith! Maybe its something I have done wrong, and if it is then I appologise!

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Nick E-P 5:20 PM - 4 March, 2018
just noticed in all audio i dint have anything either... just some Capella that have revealed themselves since i made some smart crates? :(
Nick E-P 5:24 PM - 4 March, 2018
i do apologize, maybe its because ive taken my hard drive out temporary, please close or delete this thread.
Cwite 6:49 AM - 5 March, 2018
It's not just you. I have crates disappearing on me at the moment too. Not sure what is going on. I don't use any other library tool, just serato. It's a little odd, but my smart crates seem mostly affected.
DjSyndic8 8:59 AM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
It's not just you. I have crates disappearing on me at the moment too. Not sure what is going on. I don't use any other library tool, just serato. It's a little odd, but my smart crates seem mostly affected.

just note that if you do not have any music in these crates you created they will disappear the next time you restart,

workaround is throw at least one music file inside the crate and it wont be deleted
Cwite 9:13 AM - 5 March, 2018
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm aware of this frustrating feature with empty crates. Very annoying.

No, we are talking about crates with anything from 30 to 2000 tracks.
I'm not sure if it was related, but my drive is always optimised, usually around during 3% before it will defrag. After I started to get fustrated I checked and it was at 33%!!! Ran Defrag again and it seems to have stabilised. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.