Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro Vs. Serato DJ Vs. Scratch Live's Sound Quality

djdrwax 5:49 AM - 3 March, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate all the great features that's coming out but Sound Quality is 1st priority for me. I compared all 3 software versions using the Rabne 62 and I must say Serato DJ Pro sounds the best out of the 3 platforms. I give second place to Scratch Live and 3rd place to Serato DJ. Yes, Scratch Live does sound better than Serato DJ in my opinion. Serato DJ is noisy. Serato DJ Pro is dynamic and smooth. Cheers Serato!! just waiting to see how & If the Rane 72 well compliment this improvement
mixgoonie 7:49 AM - 3 March, 2018
This is great news, they should have also promoted that option ;)
Andrei Matei 7:52 AM - 5 March, 2018
Fantastic! I saw another thread where numerous people also confirmed this. I’ve been vocal about SDJ’s really poor sound since 2013. Really excited to do a comparison on a big system this weekend!
Johnny H 8:42 AM - 5 March, 2018
100% difference in sound quality.... period.

I can confirm while mastering on my studio RME sound card, that now serato DJ pro is not doing anything to the sound quality of the track, but everyone is now noticing an improvement in sound quality which is true! The new Serato has not increased treble or mid, it is playing as the track was recorded. i.e. perfect as it should do!

I have now compared some wav files in DAWs, Sound forge, Audacity, all music editing software and finally in the new Serato DJ pro, they all sound very close, again as the track was recorded. crystal clear

The old Serato DJ was contaminating the sound quality of tracks, its that simple. With the new serato DJ pro, its as if someone has lifted a plastic bag covering your speakers. Your now hearing the quality of the track as it would be played on any other device. The old Serato never ever allowed this it was muffled and seriously changing the sound from the original recording.

So the new serato is not changing the sound quality of your tracks, its simply playing them as they are records, in perfect quality.
mixgoonie 9:45 AM - 5 March, 2018
and according to some other people, this was not planned, Serato did nothing to improve the sound, but i guess building from 64bit has brought that change ;)
samsistema 9:50 AM - 5 March, 2018
I wonder if there will be any official statement since some people where complaining about it.
mixgoonie 9:50 AM - 5 March, 2018
That should be really in their interest ;)
Johnny H 10:41 AM - 5 March, 2018
I think this is one of the most important factors ***SOUND QUALITY*** other than the new version being 64bit

I am totally amazed Serato have not made this one of the most important new features *** SOUND QUALITY ***

To me it was the main bug bare of serato DJ, every DJ software sounded miles and miles better than serato, just crazy how serato being one of the most sought after DJ programs had by the worst sound quality.

Ever since the release of Serato DJ no one has ever heard there music and tracks as they should have! They have always been contaminated in sound quality, to the point I very nearly got rid of serato in the early days due to this sound quality issue I noticed.

It was only the fact I enjoyed and liked using serato to DJ with that I suffered the poor quality sound. I have done extensive audio testing and always new serato DJ sounded poor compared to other software. I always hoped this would be addressed one day.

I just can't believe for the last 4 or 5 years how ever long serato DJ has been about no DJ has ever heard the tracks as they should do and as they were originally recorded.

At least the new serato DJ pro is now playing your track in perfect quality, well done serato and please DO NOT CHANGE anything in the future with the sound quality.
mixgoonie 11:48 AM - 5 March, 2018
I do not agree, SDJ(old version) was not good but still sounded much better to me than Mixvibes, VDJ (where the high frequencies are missing).
Johnny H 1:01 PM - 5 March, 2018
Never heard mix vibes ?

I was talking about the 3 top programs, Serato, Traktor & RecordBox
Hanginon 1:23 PM - 5 March, 2018
Mixvibes Cross DJ, when setup properly, sounds fine and (except for FX options) is a good program.
mixgoonie 2:30 PM - 5 March, 2018
But to my knowledge, Rekordbox sound very close to Mixvibes since the initial development of rekorbox performance was done by that team.

Now, it could be that more recent releases has modified a lot the sound.