Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ PRO + FLIP. New version includes an old bug.

Cwite 3:53 PM - 1 March, 2018
With the release of Pro a lot of my bugs have disappeared. But not this one.

Example.

If you have a Flip that is ready to go (but not armed) at the start of a track, and you are either in an active loop further up the track, or, you are clear of a loop and futher up the track but that loop is still active (maybe you hot cued out of it like I tend to do), then, when you trigger the Flip that is previous to the active loop, the playhead will get stuck in the active loop and never get to the Flip. This works the other way around too. Try to jump the played from the start of a track to the end using a Flip -whilst an engaged loop is in between your start and finishing points- and the automated playhead jump will never trigger the actual Flip. The loop will capture the playhead and abort the Flip. This is especially annoying if your Flip happens to use sections of the track from the front and the end. You will get part of the way into your Flip and then it will simply abort to the loop!

I use Flip LOTS, and I have been bitching about this behaviour since 1.9.6, I still have an open help ticket that includes this problem that no one has replied to for quite a few months now, I have even given video evidence that showed that it did it right up to 1.9.10. Not to worry I thought, PRO is on the way, they will fix it for that. PRO will be 'Professional', and bug free. Erm.......no.

Let's see if any of my other bugs are still there! Grr
'86 8:11 PM - 12 August, 2018
Quote:
With the release of Pro a lot of my bugs have disappeared. But not this one.

Example.

If you have a Flip that is ready to go (but not armed) at the start of a track, and you are either in an active loop further up the track, or, you are clear of a loop and futher up the track but that loop is still active (maybe you hot cued out of it like I tend to do), then, when you trigger the Flip that is previous to the active loop, the playhead will get stuck in the active loop and never get to the Flip. This works the other way around too. Try to jump the played from the start of a track to the end using a Flip -whilst an engaged loop is in between your start and finishing points- and the automated playhead jump will never trigger the actual Flip. The loop will capture the playhead and abort the Flip. This is especially annoying if your Flip happens to use sections of the track from the front and the end. You will get part of the way into your Flip and then it will simply abort to the loop!

I use Flip LOTS, and I have been bitching about this behaviour since 1.9.6, I still have an open help ticket that includes this problem that no one has replied to for quite a few months now, I have even given video evidence that showed that it did it right up to 1.9.10. Not to worry I thought, PRO is on the way, they will fix it for that. PRO will be 'Professional', and bug free. Erm.......no.

Let's see if any of my other bugs are still there! Grr

I was searching for this very problem to see if there was a solution.

Serato peeps: is there a solution to this? Or a fix on the way? Or an explanation, at least, for the logic in keeping this behaviour? It seems like a bug to me, not an intentional feature.

Thanks.