Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ SB3

DJ Marv the Maverick 8:59 AM - 1 March, 2018
Just announced www.pioneerdj.com

Will the trans pad FX filter down to other controllers?

When can we get proper Pad FX?

Is SX3 or DDJ 1000 (serato version) in the pipeline ?
KlausMogensen 10:13 AM - 1 March, 2018
And what about the auto-scratching on the pads (as I understand it, it basically plays some recorded DJ Jazzy Jeff scratching samples auto-sync'ed to the playing track)?
Is it ok to put the Serato "stamp of approval" on that?
mixgoonie 10:27 AM - 1 March, 2018
Why AGAIN so little pitch sliders, jesus, someone which is starting djing will have no any choice to use sync with these pitch sliders...
So Fresh 10:27 AM - 1 March, 2018
technology is killing talent and humanity and allowing mediocre to be acceptable

100% agree with jeff on his sync blast at the Redbull event but something really sad about a jazzy jeff button
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:26 AM - 1 March, 2018
I don't think it's a sample from the video.

Looks like it just chops whatever you have loaded on the deck.

Pioneer mixers has a transformer FX since way back.

Lol @ naming it a "jazzy Jeff button" though.
DJ Tecniq 11:53 AM - 1 March, 2018
The mic output is on the back now instead of the side...what’s the difference🤷🏼‍♂️ Why an sb3🤦🏼‍♂️
Djkom 1:32 PM - 1 March, 2018
It's funny that the first new Serato DJ Pro/Lite controller is from Pioneer ....

This game is killing me, I really don't get their strategys...and as usual when nothing seems to make sense, the only real reason is MONEY ddj sb/sb2 was by far the world best selling controller) !!!
Christ beats I. 1:50 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
technology is killing talent and humanity and allowing mediocre to be acceptable

100% agree with jeff on his sync blast at the Redbull event but something really sad about a jazzy jeff button

Lol..jazzy jeff button...the sb3 has reached a new hieght in cheese! Personally I could not scratch for toffee and its something that frustrates me at times but never mind. It's an ease for the rich boy!
KlausMogensen 2:22 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
I don't think it's a sample from the video.

Looks like it just chops whatever you have loaded on the deck.

Pioneer mixers has a transformer FX since way back.

Lol @ naming it a "jazzy Jeff button" though.

You are right.
It looks like they recorded Jeffs jog wheel movement for 8 different scratches, and then simply replay/emulates those movements on whatever track is playing, when you trigger the pad
Dj KoolBreeze 3:22 PM - 1 March, 2018
I GONNA WAIT ON THE SERATO VERSION OF THE DDJ 1000. I believe it is the beat controller ever made. Pioneer is trash for keeping it away from serato.
The sx was ok. But the 1000 took all the weakness of the sx and morphed into the 1000. Left out serato. With the DDJ 1000 price and concepts. It had the potential to overtake any controller has best seller of all times.

Can some one tell me what the DDJ 1000 is missing apart from serato. Please tell me
So Fresh 4:29 PM - 1 March, 2018
A jazzy jeff button
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:47 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
A jazzy jeff button

LMAO

Indeed.

Yeah the DDJ 1000 seems like a sweet spot in controllers. Still curious as to the name though...DDJ 1000 vs the usual R naming style for dedicated Rekordboxdj units e.g. RB RR RZ RZX

Are they leaving the door open for 3rd party software support.

Bet they will ship gazillion units if it had Serato and Virtual DJ support
eugguy 4:49 PM - 1 March, 2018
SB4 = Will Smith Button
WildcardX 6:34 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
SB4 = Will Smith Button

That already sounds like the name of a really bad corny movie.
Dj KoolBreeze 7:41 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
A jazzy jeff button

LMAO

Indeed.

Yeah the DDJ 1000 seems like a sweet spot in controllers. Still curious as to the name though...DDJ 1000 vs the usual R naming style for dedicated Rekordboxdj units e.g. RB RR RZ RZX

Are they leaving the door open for 3rd party software support.

I curious about the 1000 too. Good observation. I was thinking it might go in Relation to the djs 1000.
But i wishing serato support cause i want it so bad.
Christ beats I. 8:14 PM - 1 March, 2018
Lol...the SB3 and the JJB..its a benchmarch in corny and its coming from Pioneer 'we sponser almost everything' DJ. As much as I see hate for it I would probably have a prod at it but is a decko no no for the money wanted. Sorry Jeff if your reading...I love the sync button and who cares?
eugguy 8:52 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
SB4 = Will Smith Button

No that was CB4 = Chris Rock Button.
WildcardX 11:57 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SB4 = Will Smith Button

No that was CB4 = Chris Rock Button.

ROFL, you just had to huh.
KlausMogensen 7:30 AM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:

The VDJ support is coming soon. My guess is sometime this month.
Someone will probably also make a mapper for Traktor, but that'll probably be without screen support. I doubt those are midi mapable
KlausMogensen 2:17 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The VDJ support is coming soon. My guess is sometime this month.
Someone will probably also make a mapper for Traktor, but that'll probably be without screen support. I doubt those are midi mapable

VDJ support came even faster than expected.
www.virtualdj.com
Currently unofficial support with a few details missing
But still fast IMO