Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato freezing and unfreezing while mixing

GinaJeanz 9:05 PM - 19 February, 2018
Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to serato, I'd say I bought my Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 and Serato DJ end of August 2017. I haven't had issues up until now.

While I'm mixing serato freezes and music stops playing completely and then a few seconds later it continues with this weird bit crush like sound playing over the song. I've tried everything from cleaning up my hard drive since I only use my macbook pro for music purposes and optimising my laptop.

Has anyone experienced this? I could really use some help because I have an upcoming gig in a month and I just couldn't have this happening on the day.
Chino 10:12 PM - 19 February, 2018
Quote:
While I'm mixing serato freezes and music stops playing completely and then a few seconds later it continues with this weird bit crush like sound playing over the song. I've tried everything from cleaning up my hard drive since I only use my macbook pro for music purposes and optimising my laptop.

1. What is your USB audio latency set to in SDJ? You might try raising the USB audio latency in SDJ. For example; if it's at 5ms then raise it to 10ms.

2. Also try replacing the USB cord.

3. What are your computer specs?
GinaJeanz 10:17 PM - 19 February, 2018
My USB latency is at 10ms and my computer specs are as follows:

Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2011
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB Memory
DJ Tecniq 1:47 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:

8GB Memory
what OS X are you on?
GinaJeanz 5:46 AM - 20 February, 2018
El Capitan
DJ Tecniq 6:00 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
El Capitan
My suggestion get off El Capitan. Which version of Serato are you using? If it just started becoming a problem maybe try a diff version?
Chino 1:59 PM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:

8GB Memory

Your computer specs & USB audio latency setting is good. Have you done anything different lately? Do you have WiFi or Bluetooth enabled while DJing?

I experienced something similar(audio distortion) with a previously controller I owned.
If the problem persists then try putting in a HELP ticket with Serato Support.
GinaJeanz 2:26 PM - 20 February, 2018
The only thing I've done was upgrade my Serato to 1.9.10 but maybe I'll try re-analzying my music

If the problems persists I'll contact Serato Support.

Thank you!
DJ Bully 4:28 PM - 20 February, 2018
Warning..... 1.9.10 is CRAP at analyzing files. The BPM's are off. Personally I use ITCH to analyze. But an older version of SDJ should work too. !
pdidy 2:04 AM - 21 February, 2018
Quote:
El Capitan

WHEN did you switch to El Capitan ?
Go back to Yosemite.
DJ Tecniq 8:04 AM - 21 February, 2018
El Capitan is a piece of shit...blame Apple. As for your i5 you should be able to run the usb buffer at 5ms or lower. 10 just seems really high...it’s an i5 processor it can def handle it.