Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

NO VIDEO PREVIEW OR VIDEO FX! Help please.

DJ REACT 8:38 PM - 29 January, 2018
I am having an ongoing issue with Serato Video. Maybe someone can help? I’ve tried everything including reinstalling. The Video preview window doesn’t show me anything while I’m playing videos. I also cannot select any video effects. It’s almost as there’s no effects available. Any clues? I am on High Sierra, and the newest version of SDJ, using a Roland DJ808.
DJ Tecniq 4:45 AM - 31 January, 2018
Try to restart the computer it’s always been a problem. The preview screens missing. Usually a restart would fix it but since you’re on High Sierra there’s no telling. And i don’t think Serato fully supports High Sierra yet.
DJ REACT 4:49 AM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
Try to restart the computer it’s always been a problem. The preview screens missing. Usually a restart would fix it but since you’re on High Sierra there’s no telling. And i don’t think Serato fully supports High Sierra yet.

Nah. SDJ is fully compatible with High Sierra. But it’s Funny you mentioned that. I just wiped my computer and downgraded it back to El Captain. Lol. I’m thinking that’s the issue maybe, too.
DJ Tecniq 6:31 AM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Nah. SDJ is fully compatible with High Sierra. But it’s Funny you mentioned that. I just wiped my computer and downgraded it back to El Captain. Lol. I’m thinking that’s the issue maybe, too.
I didn’t think Serato made it public to update to High Sierra yet i recall them saying to hold off or make sure the hardware supports it first. I think the downgrade was your best move though.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 AM - 31 January, 2018
But to really answer your question the preview screens missing bug has lasted forever I’m on Yosemite and it still happens randomly so i have to restart and they reappear. Serato Video hasn’t been updated in years and they’ve never cared to fix bugs that have lasted for so long. Mix Emergency is a better alternative it blows SV out the water. Just being honest
DJ Tecniq 6:51 AM - 31 January, 2018
I would read this as well some users have made reports Serato Video is buggy w/High Sierra.
DJ Tecniq 6:52 AM - 31 January, 2018
Let us know how El Capitan treats you.
DJ Tecniq 6:58 AM - 31 January, 2018
Sorry link here serato.com
Shawn Greenwood 1:29 AM - 2 November, 2018
Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Found This
DJ Joe in Florida 11:11 PM - 5 November, 2018
Latest Serato update 2.0.5 Serato Video not working with Mac's latest update to Mojave. For all Mac users, WAIT before upgrading to Mojave! Hopefully they come out with a fix soon.
DeeJay Fingers 3:00 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Latest Serato update 2.0.5 Serato Video not working with Mac's latest update to Mojave. For all Mac users, WAIT before upgrading to Mojave! Hopefully they come out with a fix soon.

I'm running Serato 2.0.5 with Serato video on Mojave with out no issues and also Serato 2.1 Public Beta ... you might want to open a ticket with Serato...
Culprit 5:42 PM - 21 November, 2018
some have reported that it seems to be with an issue of upgrading from an older operating system. If you guys want to do a fresh install, it's been known to work, or to just downgrade back to Yosemite/El Captain.
DJ Tecniq 11:19 AM - 23 November, 2018
Quote:
some have reported that it seems to be with an issue of upgrading from an older operating system. If you guys want to do a fresh install, it's been known to work, or to just downgrade back to Yosemite/El Captain.
Nope it’s just a bug it happens on a clean install as well.
Culprit 8:22 PM - 23 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Nope it’s just a bug it happens on a clean install as well.

That's unfortunate. Have you guys considered downgrading to Yosemite?
LJ JohnnyMac 8:46 AM - 25 November, 2018
Not very good.

All these people indicating they have the same issue over 10 months, and the issue still not resolved.

GET WORKING IN IT SERATO!!!!!
DJ Tecniq 8:45 PM - 25 November, 2018
Quote:
That's unfortunate. Have you guys considered downgrading to Yosemite?
Happened w/Yosemite too it’s just a Serato Video big within the application they just never cared to fix it. Heard a rumor Serato Video was getting an update but that was like last year and still nothing...
DJ Tecniq 8:45 PM - 25 November, 2018
Bug*
Cristian Peyran 12:46 PM - 14 December, 2018
EN: I propose to make a massive claim via support ticket to take us into account about the problems of serato video. If we do it in bulk, it is easier for us to listen to and update this add-on

ES: Propongo que hagamos un reclamo masivo vía ticket de soporte para que de una vez por toda tomen en cuenta nuestro reclamo para que reparen los problemas y actualicen Serato Video.

OPEN YOUR SUPPORT TICKET NOW EXPLAINING YOUR PROBLEM: support.serato.com
ABRE AHORA TU TICKET DE SOPORTE EXPLICANDO TÚ PROBLEMA:
support.serato.com

THE MORE WE PARTICIPATE, THE MORE POSSIBILITIES YOU HAVE TO TAKE US INTO ACCOUNT!
MIENTRAS MAS PARTICIPAMOS, MAS POSIBILIDADES HAY DE QUE NOS TOMEN EN CUENTA!