Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Korg Kaoss DJ

ChoiceCuts 11:10 AM - 29 January, 2018
I've recently bought one of these units, second-hand. When I initially plugged it in and loaded Serato DJ Intro, the unit worked fine. I then checked to see if the firmware was up-to-date. It wasn't, so I followed the instructions to update.

The unit seems to have updated ok, however it is now stuck in update mode, with IPL displayed in the LCD display. This means I cannot currently use the controller, as no function will respond.

I know this isn't strictly a Serato issue and I have also posted on the Korg forum. I was just seeing if anyone on this forum knew if there was a way to reboot the Kaoss DJ or exit from IPL mode because I've had no response on the Korg forum, as yet.

Thanks
kortland 12:13 PM - 27 February, 2019
how did you put it into update mode.. and how did you end up getting out of update mode??
ChoiceCuts 5:30 PM - 7 June, 2019
I never managed to get out of update mode. would love to know how
One Up 4:44 AM - 17 July, 2019
Looking for assistance in a similar area.. Just recently purchased a Kaoss Korg DJ Controller and I'm experiencing difficulties putting it into 'Update Mode'.. I pressed the 'A' & 'B' buttons in conjunction with the Kaoss Fx button (aka Touchpad Mode Button).

The anticipation to start mixing on this thing is at an all time high.. Any help on how to get it started would be wonderful!!
One Up 2:08 AM - 19 January, 2020
From my knowledge.. to get your Kaoss Korg DJ Controller in 'Update Mode' simply unplug the USB cable from the device, press and hold down A B & KAOSS Fx button at the same time while hooking the cable back into the slot. Your screen should now read IPL signifying it's in Update mode.