DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Yo pdiddy or any other DBX Driverack PA2 owners

dj_soo 7:27 AM - 27 January, 2018
I'm having an issue setting up my PA2 to create a local network and distribute an IP to the driverack.

Using an older Airport Express and connecting via ethernet cable.

No problems finding the Driverack when I connect over an existing network and use the airport express to either join or extend said network, but I can't seem to get the Airport to send an IP to the Driverack to connect if there isn't a free wifi network in the room.

Any insights?
pdidy 12:52 PM - 28 January, 2018
goto system info on drive rack as seen in video, copy that ip address and manually type it into the driverack app on your ipad.
Watchwww.youtube.com

connect ipad to wifi created by Airport Express not random free wifi network in the room.
pdidy 2:51 PM - 28 January, 2018
i dont recall if it matters but I always use the WAN Ethernet port on the left lowendmac.com
dj_soo 9:50 PM - 28 January, 2018
Problem is when I go to system info, I'm not getting any IP address and it's just 0.0.0.0
dj_soo 10:05 PM - 28 January, 2018
Turns out this may be because I'm using a first generation airport express. Might be a workaround - going to test later tonight...
dj_soo 3:24 AM - 1 February, 2018
ended up getting a small dlink router. Works fine at home - don't have a mobile gig booked in the next while, but I'm looking fwd to finally having wireless EQing for future gigs. Only complaint right now is the app is a little too small on my iphone +. HAven't tried my ipad yet, but it's so ancient, I'm anticipating a lot of lag. Wish they had made an iphone only app that was a little better suited to the smaller screen.