Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Tech Support

nathans1 11:58 PM - 23 January, 2018
Dear Serato Tech Support

I am so frustrated with your lack of useful support that if i wasn't so tied into Serato with my hardware, I would try something else. I originally contacted Serato about an Error 4 message. I was told by Tech Support that they were going to deactivate my License and to follow specific steps to activate my license on my pc again. I followed the steps and that did not change anything. i tried to reply to that email but when I sent it, i received a message not delivered message from my IP. The message read : There was a problem delivering your message to support@serato.com. See the technical details below. The details read "the account (my email) is disabled. So I opened up a new support ticket explaining this to tech support. Since then I have received about 8 emails from tech support either giving me additional steps to follow *witch i have and it has not helped) and to let me know that as a result of my not replying to the emails you were sending that the ticket was going to be closed/resolved. I am not sure how thoroughly the tech support staff reads the support requests because i have explained my situation a number of times and explaining that I cant reply yet I continue to get emails asking to reply. I CANT REPLY. I am only addressing this publicly in hopes that someone reads this and is able to actually help me resolve this problem.

Thanks

NS
Serato, Support
Kane D 12:58 AM - 24 January, 2018
Sorry to hear you're frustrated with the support you've received so far Nathan, I've just given your existing help request a read over, and it looks like my colleague is still awaiting some more info from you that she requested last week, if you could send that requested screenshot through when you get a moment it'll help speed up the process.
nathans1 1:05 AM - 24 January, 2018
I am not sure what additional items she needs nor do i have a way of sending them to you since I CANT REPLY TO THE EMAILS. I can start another ticket and attach it (which i have already done) but that has not been of much benefit to myself and has increased my level of frustration. Once again since you must have missed it in my OP. I CANT REPLY TO THE EMAILS SO I CANT SEND THAT REQUESTED SCREENSHOT. IF YOU COULD SEND ME AN ADDITIONAL EMAIL ADDRESS (NOT SERATOSUPPORT.COM) AS I HAVE REQUESTED NUMEROUS TIMES THAT MAY ALSO HELP SPEED UP THE PROCESS.
Serato, Support
Kane D 1:18 AM - 24 January, 2018
A screenshot of the empty licenses folder has been requested, this is to confirm that the steps have been followed correctly. We’re receiving emails from your cox.net account on our end, so I can’t quite say what’s causing the error you’re seeing on your end. If you pull up your emails in your inbox should should see an email chain related to your help request number. Reply to that email.
nathans1 2:18 AM - 24 January, 2018
After all of the tickets i have opened letting you guys know that I was not able to reply to your emails, it would have been awesome for ONE of your tech support to let me know that indeed, you were getting all of my replies all along!!! Thanks for pointing that out!!!
nathans1 4:56 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quote:
A screenshot of the empty licenses folder has been requested, this is to confirm that the steps have been followed correctly. We’re receiving emails from your cox.net account on our end, so I can’t quite say what’s causing the error you’re seeing on your end. If you pull up your emails in your inbox should should see an email chain related to your help request number. Reply to that email.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY IT IS SO FRUSTRATING DEALING WITH SERATO TECH SUPPORT. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG AGO THAT I BEGAN REQUESTING SUPPORT THAT I CANT EVEN REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS. I SENT AN EMAIL OUT TO YOU ON FEB 2ND WITH A SCREEN SHOT OF THE EMPTY LICENSE FOLDER AND HAVE YET NOT HEARD ANYTHING. I RECEIVED A SEPERATE EMAIL NOT A REPLY, FROM HOLLY ON FEB 5TH. I HAVE TRIED TO EMAIL USING ALL OF MY EMAIL ADDRESSES AND HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME MESSAGE SHOWING FAILURE IN SENDING MESSAGE. THAT IS THE REASON I REQUESTED LONG AGO THAT YOU GIVE ME AN ALTERNATE EMAIL (NOT SERATOSUPPORT) FOR ME TO REPLY TO. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND YOU SEEM UNWILLING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I CANT REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

HERE IS WHAT HOLLY SENT.

Holly B. (Serato)

Feb 6, 11:13 NZDT

Hi Nathan,

Apologies that your emails are not being delivered, but we've had no other complaints of this from any other customers, and we deal with hundreds of enquiries a week. I can only assume it is due to your ISP/email provider. You should try get in touch with them to ensure that our email address - support@serato.com - is not on their spam/email whitelist.

Alternatively, you could try emailing us from a different email address.

Also worth noting Error Code #4 should not affect Serato DJ activating when you have your Rane SL2 plugged in, as this is a Serato DJ Enabled product.

I'm not quite sure what your issue is, could you better elaborate for me?

Cheers.

Holly B.
Customer Support
popnwave 6:16 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quick question, why not create a quick outlook or gmail.com account to correspond with?

A lot of companies don't have alternate emails for tracking tickets because of the way helpdesk/support stuff is routed and tracked through it.

Super frustrating, but if you want faster results....
nathans1 6:41 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quote:
Quick question, why not create a quick outlook or gmail.com account to correspond with?

A lot of companies don't have alternate emails for tracking tickets because of the way helpdesk/support stuff is routed and tracked through it.

Quick answer.

1) I do have a gmail and outlook and it wont let me reply.

2) I have never had this problem until I received an email from Serato when they were helping with this problem (error #4) early on and they told me they deactivated my acct. Immediately after that I could no longer reply.

Yes it is super frustrating and I have tried your suggestions.
popnwave 8:04 PM - 8 February, 2018
Damn, def a glitch in the matrix :/
Aptidda 10:16 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Quick answer.

2) I have never had this problem until I received an email from Serato when they were helping with this problem (error #4) early on and they told me they deactivated my acct. Immediately after that I could no longer reply.

you just flat out suck at computers bro. time to throw in the white towel eh?
nathans1 10:23 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick answer.

you just flat out suck at computers bro. time to throw in the white towel eh?

Yes i suck at computers. I never claimed to be a computer expert or an expert with Serato software, that is why I have been asking for help from the so called experts. You kind of suck at common sense bro. Time to throw in the towel? I think so!!! Thanks for your two cents. Now kindly fuck off!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:33 PM - 26 March, 2018
Hey nathans1

Totally appreciate your frustration with not being able to receive our responses with some of your email accounts, but can we keep the language civil please.

Cheers, Aaron