Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

videotoolz

MICKEYMIXINRODRIGUEZ 4:50 PM - 9 January, 2018
Anyone no why videotoolz won't let me log in.
popnwave 6:47 PM - 9 January, 2018
Might want to reach out to them on social media?
DJJon1200 10:37 PM - 9 January, 2018
they took a paypal payment from me yesterday and today canceled my subscription. i sent them an email and a letter through paypal. anyone else experience this, please comment. would love to get that final payment back. if we have numbers, maybe something can happen. otherwise, RIP $18
popnwave 10:45 PM - 9 January, 2018
Nice, that sounds more like an exit scam than anything else.
DJJon1200 10:50 PM - 9 January, 2018
my paypal status on that charge has changed to "held" now, so who knows, maybe some justice!
lvmez 11:59 PM - 9 January, 2018
Dispute it with Paypal. You can get your money back.
DJ Tecniq 8:23 PM - 10 January, 2018
Their website is down currently as they canceled my PayPal recurring subscription too. They’ve always had problems. I’ve been grandfathered in so it’s only $12 month for me.
DJ Delaine 11:44 PM - 18 January, 2018
Videotoolz is out of the DJ Service Biz. Here's the text from an email that I received a few days ago:

"ATTENTION MEMBERS

To All Our Beloved Members,
It is with deep regret that Videotoolz will no longer offer DJ services. We thank you for being loyal members. If you still have time remaining on your account we have been working out a deal with a partnered pool to extend your membership. We will double whatever time you had to make it up to you. So if you had a month left you now have 2 months. Our editors you love will also be joining the new Pool. Please give us a week or so to straighten out all the details. Again I want to thank you for your continued support and appreciate you. Look forward to another email. Thank you..

Videotoolz Management"
DJ Tecniq 12:28 AM - 19 January, 2018
i only dug them cause they had video edits most pools didn’t have. Their editors were good but their website management was absolutely dreadful. Good riddance.
DJ RR 6:06 AM - 19 January, 2018
They've pulled this stuff before!!!! Under 8th Wonder, they spent several months "upgrading" the site saying that those who stayed with them while they upgraded the site would keep their low rate of $9.99, and everyone else would have to pay $40 per month, which actually wasn't the price they charged once they came back online. What they didn't say was that it was gonna take months, not weeks or days as they claimed to "upgrade." I cancelled after 2 months, and demanded my money back. When they did come back, they claimed that they were under new ownership and were improving the overall service.

Messed up thing this time is they were sending out emails as early as a few days before they pulled the plug offering a yearly subscription at a 70% discount. I learned since that they were also sending out emails to people for a lifetime membership for $200 just before Christmas.
DJ RR 6:09 AM - 19 January, 2018
Quote:
i only dug them cause they had video edits most pools didn’t have. Their editors were good but their website management was absolutely dreadful. Good riddance.

Only reason why I subscribed too. I'd usually lay my own audio over the MP4, but I'll miss the videos and regional hip hop that they would have. Oh well, on to the next. Maybe it's a sign to start making my own edits.
DJ-JRS 4:05 AM - 4 February, 2018
I have 4 months remaining on my yearly subscription. I just filed a dispute with Paypal for months unused. When I joined back in May 2017, I paid $175 for the year. I got an email from Videotoolz stating recurring charge has been cancelled & they were no longer offering music. To be continued....
DJ Delaine 11:44 PM - 24 April, 2018
VIDEOTOOLS resurfaced again as 8TH WONDER. I've been getting emails over the last few months trying to get me to join up again at a reduced rate.
Deejay0071 6:31 PM - 25 April, 2018
Quote:
VIDEOTOOLS resurfaced again as 8TH WONDER. I've been getting emails over the last few months trying to get me to join up again at a reduced rate.

Me too!!! It's getting aggravating...
DJMark 9:27 PM - 28 April, 2018
Same shit, different decade. Kind of hilarious they'd go back to using the old name like that. They were infamous among competent video DJ's as purveyors of crap.
DJ-JRS 2:35 AM - 10 May, 2018
They replied to an email I sent & replies they aren’t affiliated