Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ support of SL boxes

roy rohypnol 4:40 PM - 3 January, 2018
How long do you think that Serato DJ will support SL boxes (SL2, SL3, SL4)???

Just curious...
DJ TooHypE 5:27 PM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
How long do you think that Serato DJ will support SL boxes (SL2, SL3, SL4)???

Just curious...

dj.rane.com

Includes Serato DJ software

Rane is pleased to announce that our products which previously included Serato Scratch Live software are now fully supported by and include Serato DJ software. DJs currently using Serato Scratch Live with supported Rane hardware have the option to migrate to the new and improved Serato DJ free of charge. If you’re familiar with Scratch Live, the transition to Serato DJ is easy and intuitive. Serato DJ is a free upgrade supporting the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4.

Serato DJ provides support for DVS (digital vinyl system), iZotope FX, Sync, Slip Mode, more Cue points, jump-to-loop, an improved 24-slot sampler and takes advantage of the high performance, ultra-low latency Rane ASIO and Core Audio drivers. Both programs share compatible song libraries, the same general workflow and deck layout.

Upgrading is optional -- Serato Scratch Live will still work with the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4. You can have both programs installed, and use one or the other. You can also use the included Core Audio and ASIO drivers to run any other popular DJ and DAW software program you like.

Read our blog post about what changes Scratch Live users can expect here.

Find out more and download Serato DJ here.
dj.rane.com
roy rohypnol 6:33 PM - 3 January, 2018
Thanks for replying dude. But I was kind of looking for a discussion, considering support never lasts forever, i.e. SL1, and Rane no longer make serato boxes.

I was just curious to how long you guys will think it will last...

Cheers
popnwave 6:39 PM - 3 January, 2018
The code is in the software, I've yet to see SDJ drop support for anything yet that is already in there. When the DRIVERS for devices no longer work with an OS (be it the next Windows or macOS) that is when it will be removed from SDJ.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:44 PM - 3 January, 2018
when sales slack and they introduce usb 3.0 boxes
AddamXavier 8:28 PM - 3 January, 2018
The main issue with the SL1 and TTM57 was that they were USB 1.1 connections. If Serato is to believed (and I do), they decided to drop support because of that. I don't see them dropping support since the SL2/3/4 boxes are USB 2.0. And i don't see them dropping support for USB 2.0 any time soon (if ever) since it's still super rare to see USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt or anything else. The Denon interface, DS1 is still a USB 2.0 device even. Also, like popnwave said, the code is already in the software.
roy rohypnol 8:32 AM - 4 January, 2018
Do you prefer to have mixers with a built in interface or a mixer with a separate software box? And why? Cheers
DJ Tecniq 9:46 AM - 4 January, 2018
Quote:
Do you prefer to have mixers with a built in interface or a mixer with a separate software box? And why? Cheers
Mixer with interface built in. Main reasons it’s faster setup. I sold my SL3 for the Pioneer S9. Best investment ever. While the SL3 was awesome to have for recording purposes the S9 just made everything so much more convenient. That and to use an SL box you have to have a mixer anyway so that’s two devices your setting up rather than 1 mixer that is plug & play ready to go for t-tables or cdjs.
Djello 1:44 AM - 3 January, 2019
My SL3 & SL4 did not work with the new Serato DJ Pro 2.1. Completely fucked me on my New Years gig and made me look like a fool. Completely locked up my Serato software. Anyone have any idea why? using Mac OSX 10.12
DJ Tecniq 3:54 AM - 3 January, 2019
Quote:
My SL3 & SL4 did not work with the new Serato DJ Pro 2.1. Completely fucked me on my New Years gig and made me look like a fool. Completely locked up my Serato software. Anyone have any idea why? using Mac OSX 10.12
Did you make sure to install the updated driver for Sierra?
DJ Tecniq 3:57 AM - 3 January, 2019
If you have not done so yet I suggest you do so that you don’t get boo’ed on New Years again. Link here
dj.rane.com
COOLOUT 10:05 AM - 4 January, 2019
I generally keep 4+ versions of Serato handy. Older versions proven to work perfectly with certain hardware, the latest current version, and then whatever betas I'm testing.

It's easy enough to rename and keep older versions around, so I have SDJ 1.9 that I use for my SL box and Akai AMX, SDJ Pro 2.0 that supports my Roland DJ-202, then 2.1 and some top-secret betas.

I gradually move into using newer versions on gigs, but ONLY when I need to access a new feature AND it's proven itself stable from hours of home use first.

I rarely get caught by surprise. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.
Djello 12:22 AM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
I generally keep 4+ versions of Serato handy. Older versions proven to work perfectly with certain hardware, the latest current version, and then whatever betas I'm testing.

It's easy enough to rename and keep older versions around, so I have SDJ 1.9 that I use for my SL box and Akai AMX, SDJ Pro 2.0 that supports my Roland DJ-202, then 2.1 and some top-secret betas.

I gradually move into using newer versions on gigs, but ONLY when I need to access a new feature AND it's proven itself stable from hours of home use first.

I rarely get caught by surprise. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

Great advice buddy, never thought of this. I will surely get into this habit. Good question here, is there a way to access and download older versions of Serato Software?
Djello 12:31 AM - 6 January, 2019
@coolout Nice found the archives and am actually going to hook it up and see if its a 2.1 issue. let you know shortly for others.
Djello 12:51 AM - 6 January, 2019
@coolout Just an update, will definitely save past Serato software for precaution in future.
Did the downgrade to 2.05, 2.0 & 1.9 Regular Serato DJ and same issue.
COOLOUT 2:40 AM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
@coolout Just an update, will definitely save past Serato software for precaution in future.
Did the downgrade to 2.05, 2.0 & 1.9 Regular Serato DJ and same issue.

If you're having the same issue with older serato versions now, I'd check your hardware connection. Try a different USB cable and possibly a different USB port. Also make sure you're not using a hub and connecting the SL box directly.
Djello 1:44 AM - 8 January, 2019
I have another laptop, my back up laptop, no issues. No hub, used different cables, used different port, same issue.