Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Ability to mark tracks as played

Marv Incredible 12:03 PM - 3 January, 2018
Currently, in the History panel, we're able to mark tracks as unplayed, which is really handy. But it'd be just as handy (if not handier) to mark individual tracks or entire crates of tracks as already played. Why?

Let's say you're doing a regular radio show. You do a show one week, then move all the tracks you played from the history session into their own crate, keeping a record of what tracks you've already played. But now it's the following week and you're about to do a new show. You've since reset your history, so although you have a visual record of what you played before, all tracks in your library are now white/showing as unplayed.

What I'd like to be able to do is go back to my previous week's crate (or history session) and choose to mark all tracks within it as being played, so I'll know what not to play that week. Then I can do the same the following week and so on.

Thanks
Marv Incredible 12:08 PM - 3 January, 2018
Oh. And before anybody says it, I know I can do this manually by loading each track manually to make it blue, but that causes unnecessary, time-consuming manual labour, when it could and should be done in a split second.
Cwite 4:36 PM - 6 January, 2018
+1

This would be a BIG work flow changer for myself too!
DJ Willby 4:16 AM - 24 January, 2018
+1. Would be great for when I have two versions of the same track in a crate to quickly mark them both as played when I've played one of them.
Jim Harvey Rocks 3:24 PM - 3 August, 2018
This would truly be a great feature. I'm not always working in the History folder. (actually hardly ever). I work from the crates I've set up. I'd prefer to be able to change the Mark As Read/Unread feature in my individual crate and/or library and not just on the History. Or at a minimum, have it change from blue to white if the track in History has been marked as unread. I feel like it probably stays blue because it's in another history date (for frequently used tracks) that hasn't been marked as unread. I'll test that theory. I'll be tracking this to see if a solution comes about.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:57 PM - 13 August, 2018
This will prob never happen. Serato cant even figure out how to mark tracks as un-played without doing all of them. Serious its a simple right click in VDJ
Dark Matter 12:57 PM - 5 October, 2018
+1 this should be a standard feature. One of my regular gigs is a radio show. I keep a crate dedicated to tracks I have played in the past on the show so I know whether or not I've played something before. But currently, I have to manually go into the crate to see whether or not a track I might want to play next week has been played before. It would be so much simpler to just select that whole crate of past shows and get every track to turn blue with one click.
DJMIYAGI 7:47 PM - 8 October, 2018
+1

I do a mix every Friday on my station and don't like to play tracks that have played earlier in the week. This would be a big help.
Dark Matter 12:16 AM - 4 December, 2018
Can someone from Serato please comment to tell us what their stance is on this?
Dark Matter 10:27 AM - 18 December, 2018
Hey @Serato, instead of focusing on developing Snapchat compatibility and the latest Nickelodeon midi controllers, could you maybe consider getting some basic professional features right first?
Miss World 12:28 PM - 25 December, 2018
+1 😍