DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Will the ddj sx2 go up in value after pioneer stops manufacturing it

Smooth Jazz 2:54 AM - 26 December, 2017
dj_soo 5:34 AM - 26 December, 2017
I think you might see it if Pioneer cuts ties with serato and they never produce an SX3.

But if they make an SX3, then no.
Smooth Jazz 5:38 AM - 26 December, 2017
Quote:
I think you might see it if Pioneer cuts ties with serato and they never produce an SX3.

But if they make an SX3, then no.

Yeah I'm thinking they are done with Serato with their whole new Rekordbox only series.
dj_soo 5:38 AM - 26 December, 2017
they just released the SR2 like last month
dj_soo 5:39 AM - 26 December, 2017
and the S3
Smooth Jazz 5:41 AM - 26 December, 2017
Fuck I just gotta hope for the best
dj_soo 5:45 AM - 26 December, 2017
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Used gear tends to sell for about 1/2 the retail price unless it's a high end, rare, classic piece of gear like a vintage rotary mixer or something.

SX2 was widespread enough and pretty far from being "high end."

The ties with software is also going to prevent it from being all that sought after. 10 years from now, if Serato even exists, it'll be like 4.0 or something and won't be compatible with any modern software and will essentially be a paperweight.
popnwave 11:54 PM - 27 December, 2017
Are you trying to make a profit off of a used controller??

LOL
pdidy 1:15 AM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Are you trying to make a profit off of a used controller??

LOL

Not to mention the ddj sx2 is so extremely popular being the top selling controller EVER so the dj market is literally flooded with them......they will never be rare enough to go up in value prior to being obsolete.

Dude would be better off investing in Bitcoin.....lol
lvmez 1:58 AM - 28 December, 2017
I hope you are not serious. Pioneer's value never goes up. They produce too many products that the exact same thing. Never buy equipment hoping the value goes up.
popnwave 5:19 PM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
I hope you are not serious. Pioneer's value never goes up. They produce too many products that the exact same thing. Never buy equipment hoping the value goes up.

Unlike a good Rane mixer, especially standalone, non SDJ ones :)
HK1200 5:47 PM - 28 December, 2017
It will not go up in value. The opposite actually. It will quickly become obsolete and it's value will tank like most of the controllers before it.

Eventually it won't even be worth the shipping cost.

There is some investment worthy DJ equipment out there, but very few DJ related items will increase in value over the original msrp... and imho Pioneer doesn't make any of them.
Rebelguy 8:32 PM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Unlike a good Rane mixer, especially standalone, non SDJ ones :)

Which Rane mixer is worth more than its original sales price?
HK1200 8:51 PM - 28 December, 2017
Anything with "Rotary" in the name seems to have some interesting asking prices.
popnwave 9:09 PM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Anything with "Rotary" in the name seems to have some interesting asking prices.

^^^^^ ohhhh yesssss
John Calipari 10:14 PM - 28 December, 2017
I know MK2's are a rare circumstance, but they go well above their original asking price, especially if your lucky enough to find a Black pair still sealed in original box.
lvmez 2:20 AM - 29 December, 2017
My Rane MP2015 is selling close to what I paid for it used.

Pioneer is definetely industry standard, BUT there value drops incredibly fast.