Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SR2

D Jay Cee 11:47 AM - 25 December, 2017
OK....so I am worried that my VCI 400 will become worthless soon and want to get something newer. been looking for a while and the only thing I like from what I see online is the Pioneer DDJ-SR2. but I have not seen one decent demo video yet online. they do a lot of talking and play around with the unit, but they aren't really doing anything. I also see there are LEDs in the platter, but I never see anything coming from them but a cute glow? are they really that useless? when I do scratching, I would like to not have to look at my MBP...I want to look down finally. is there any marker function on the platters? maybe one of you owners can put up a real video on youtube.
eugguy 11:45 PM - 25 December, 2017
If you want a marker then you will need to look at the sz or sx units. I have both the sr2 and sz2-they are both great.
D Jay Cee 11:58 PM - 25 December, 2017
Wow. Both outta my price range. I am taking the fam to the states next year so I can’t buy them. I also realize that I rarely need more than 2 channels.
Logisticalstyles 3:27 PM - 26 December, 2017
Quote:
I also see there are LEDs in the platter, but I never see anything coming from them but a cute glow

That's all they do pretty much. They also flash when you get to the last 20 seconds of the track and they dim when the volume fader is turned down. They don't give any indication of the playhead position. I'm still able to scratch with it. It takes some getting used to but you eventually get a feel for it. You won't be able to do any beat juggling with it but it works fine for scratching.

So far it's my favorite controller that I've owned other than the AMX.
RR437T 9:05 PM - 26 December, 2017
Quote:
If you want a marker then you will need to look at the sz or sx units. I have both the sr2 and sz2-they are both great.

I have an SX2 and am very happy with it. Its extremely reliable.
D Jay Cee 11:46 PM - 26 December, 2017
I am looking in to the SX since I don’t need DVS capability