Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Serato Sample Analyzation

BillyLane 6:44 PM - 15 December, 2017
Serato Sample v1.1
2.5 GHz i5 iMac
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra

I've noticed that Serato Sample's file analyzation has similar issues as Serato DJ when it comes to accuracy. Lots of samples/songs works fine but things like 1 bar loops, one shots or acapellas will often come back with the wrong key and tempo signatures. Is there a way to manually adjust the root tempo and key of a sample if the auto-detection comes back incorrect? The only workaround I could find was using the time/pitch adjustment and tuning everything by ear which works but it still yields incorrect BPM and key info since the root note and tempo are still wrong. I can't seem to find a way to make the correction adjustments. Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks!
dj bizznizz 1:59 PM - 18 December, 2017
Same problem here.

really annoying. Hope they will fix it in the next update.
EnderWiggin 2:26 PM - 18 December, 2017
Same here.

Serato sample regularly gets the tempo wrong for me. The key too.

That lack of flexibility means I don't use the plug-in as much as I'd like.
Reigny Day 7:27 AM - 7 January, 2018
Same issue, it would be nice if you can manually change both of those things.
dwuw 2:52 PM - 8 June, 2018
Yes, this is more than annoying.
Setting the original tempo manually when Serato Sample analyzes it sometimes absolutely wrong (which in my case is with nearly every self recorded guitar and vocal loop the case) so that you can work with the chosen sample in Sync is totally necessary.

Like EnderWiggin said:
That lack of flexibility means I don't use the plug-in as much as I'd like.
Manji 2:27 PM - 28 October, 2019
Really enjoying Serato Sample right now - to the point that it has now replaced audio for a lot of my tracks - but this is the one thing that basically ruins the whole thing. If it does not read the tempo of a loop correctly, that's it, game over.

Reading the other posts, it seems that Serato aren't planning any updates to Sample. But if anyone from the company is reading this, please please please allow users to amend the original tempo data or even to read the tempo and key off the metadata of the clip.
CritiKAL 6:00 AM - 23 November, 2019
If anyone from serato sees this, please create an update in which users can key map serato sample? Anything passed E2 says it's out of range and I feel like this would be a relatively easy update and users would be able to chop more than just 16 samples.
Manji 6:06 AM - 23 November, 2019
I think this will fall on deaf ears. Judging by the other posts Sample has basically been discontinued (i.e. there is no longer support for it) even though Serato is still marketing it and selling it. I like it immensely but had I known beforehand...

I really hope to be proven otherwise.
Serato
Pavol Markovič 1:22 PM - 23 November, 2019
Hi Manji,
Serato Sample has not been discontinued and is supported – version 1.1.1 has been released this week.

Your suggestions are welcome and requests considered, many of them already shaped Serato Studio's sample deck which is inspired by Sample plugin instrument. The improvements may eventually find their way into both music production software packages, although there's no promise on feature parity due to differences in platform limitations and target user groups.

I hope this clears up the concerns.
Manji 4:12 AM - 24 November, 2019
Quote:
Hi Manji,
Serato Sample has not been discontinued and is supported – version 1.1.1 has been released this week.

Your suggestions are welcome and requests considered, many of them already shaped Serato Studio's sample deck which is inspired by Sample plugin instrument. The improvements may eventually find their way into both music production software packages, although there's no promise on feature parity due to differences in platform limitations and target user groups.

I hope this clears up the concerns.

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification.
cotdagoo 2:19 PM - 28 November, 2019
that 1.1.1 version was more or less a compatibility update for MacOS with very little improvements or much to gain..

It feels like Catalina forced their hand to put out an update.. but that's just me.

would love to see an update with actual features that have been requested. maybe pull a coder or two off Studio for a few weeks to appease the all but abandoned Sample user base.
TheDiscordian 3:41 AM - 7 December, 2019
I'm so sad to just have found out about this issue. Serato is right on the edge of being the coolest sampler out there, then there's several show stoppers, not being able to change Serato's wrongly detected tempos being a huge one. I just bought this software and I'm floored by how many features that it seems would be easy to implement and are standard on so many plugs, but Serato appears to just be ignoring. Very frustrating.
Buenodidit 12:40 PM - 17 January, 2020
Yes! I’ve had it since the original beta and I feel like it used to hit everything on point (tempo & key). But now the tempo is almost always off making it pretty much unusable for me. I’ve gone back to using ableton simpler.
Manji 12:56 PM - 17 January, 2020
After using Sample or a couple of months now, it is so frustrating that one simple flaw can ruin the whole thing. If Sample doesn’t detect the correct tempo first time, it’s game over.

Obviously this rules out using things like acapellas or melodic phrases from the outset as Sample cannot calculate those but it struggles to even calculate complex rhythms like jungle breakbeats correctly.

Any word on such a fundamental flaw being dealt with, Team Serato? Sure it can’t be hard to allow users to manually override the detected tempo?
MiguelConradi 6:18 PM - 2 February, 2020
Like other users say: what a shame... Seriously, Serato Team? This is such a cool sampler.. I really think your users deserve this basic feature. I bought this plugin with the hope of not using any other, but I'm being forced to do it until you fix this. I'd really put a bit of man-power on this one.
RajahP 1:27 AM - 1 March, 2020
Got the Serota Sample LE and was itching to do the upgrade to the full version (missed the sale for $40).. But noticed this flaw and noticed it can drastically downgrade the performance of this beautiful instrument.. is there a work around?

Will love to upgrade to the full version but this flaw is preventing me..
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 2:20 AM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
only workaround I could find was using the time/pitch adjustment and tuning everything by ear which works but it still yields incorrect

Hi there,

I would suggest opening up a support request here: support.serato.com

Alternatively you can reach out support via email at support@serato.com