Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon SC5000 vs Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2

Rebelguy 7:09 PM - 7 December, 2017
With the current firmware and Serato DJ support, is there anything that the CDJ-2000NXS2 can do or offer over the SC5000? I am asking from a technical perspective. Which do you think has a better build quality and long term reliability?

Not interested in the whole club standard debate.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:23 PM - 7 December, 2017
Pound for pound...The 5000 brings more to the table in standalone application. Most of the things your used to such as slicer, 8 cues and extras like 8 hot loops.

It's play MP4, not sure if the CDJNxs2 does that...for someone like me with a mixed library of videos and audio it saves me having to download tracks that I have as video only.

For a version 1.0.0 the Engine Prime packs a bit under the hood.

And I feel the way it's designed more features can added similar to the way they added new FX to the 1800 during a recent firmware upgrade.

It plays well with both my mixers the 62 and S9. I prefer the S9 though as it as bpm detect for phono/line so the effects are on point.

The 62 doesn't have that option so you gotta tap the tempo in every time you need to trigger an effect.

One well known con is that the players misbehave if the database on the USB key is close to approx 2gb in size if used in link mode. I haven't encountered this yet as I only export songs I need for a set and not my entire library.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:25 PM - 7 December, 2017
forums.pioneerdj.com

No MP4 support as guessed
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:30 PM - 7 December, 2017
I will also like a more flexible search on the 5000. Like typing a few words from name and title

E.g.

Drake - Worst Behaviour

By typing just "drak behaviour"
Aptidda 7:54 PM - 7 December, 2017
SC5000 FTW. Go for it! Or find a used CDJ on craigslist on the cheap.
R-A-C 4:58 AM - 8 December, 2017
Quote:
With the current firmware and Serato DJ support, is there anything that the CDJ-2000NXS2 can do or offer over the SC5000?

nothing. the sc5000 is at least one generation ahead.

Quote:
Which do you think has a better build quality and long term reliability?

only time will tell. it doesn't matter much tho because the vast majority of users don't use a device until it breaks but jump on the new model instead when released.