Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Can i get an aux cord to go through my whole system

Smooth Jazz 5:52 AM - 21 November, 2017
There's a lot of people at house party's who come up and ask if they can play one of their songs. What would be the best way to get an aux cord through the whole system
DJMartin 7:01 AM - 21 November, 2017
If you don’t have the track they want to hear, don’t start with this phone shit.
What if their battery is down, or they receive a message or phone call while the track is playin?

If it is a private party with just friends, it’s ok. But it’s a no go in a club.

The best way is just parallel buy and download it from iTunes while playing, or have a second laptop, download it and put it on a stick for the CDJ which I prefer
DjSyndic8 7:04 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
If you don’t have the track they want to hear, don’t start with this phone shit.
What if their battery is down, or they receive a message or phone call while the track is playin?

If it is a private party with just friends, it’s ok. But it’s a no go in a club.

The best way is just parallel buy and download it from iTunes while playing, or have a second laptop, download it and put it on a stick for the CDJ which I prefer

i say no I don't have an aux cord because you will look bad as a dj if something goes wrong
Smooth Jazz 7:04 AM - 21 November, 2017
Yeah I would only do this at small party's thanks for the advice.
DjSyndic8 7:06 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
Yeah I would only do this at small party's thanks for the advice.

in saying that I always carry a aux cord incse u have to plug your phone in if your controller craps out
DJMartin 7:08 AM - 21 November, 2017
Yeah me too
They can write down the track they like to hear

Usually I have it. But of not, I listen to it online if it fits. If not, I just tell them I don’t have it.
If I like it, i download and play it
DJMartin 7:12 AM - 21 November, 2017
On small private party’s make sure the phone is on mute
Just go in the system with chinch to aux and plug your phone in ;)
DjSyndic8 7:25 AM - 21 November, 2017
niiice