DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the best sound system for a Musical Theatre Production?

Dennison 10:38 PM - 18 November, 2017
I'm looking now for the best sound system for a theatre. The theatre handles everything from Musicals, to plain speaking on microphones, loud music dance events, and even basic presentations.

My original thoughts have been Line arrays (Such as the QSC WideLine, but I'd like to stick to powered) or Constant Curvatures (Such as QSC KLA12). We could even do 3 way cabinets (Such as the QSC KW153). As far as subwoofers go, I would get the matching subwoofers to the top cabs, for example the KW181's if I were to stick with QSC, which I would like to, but I am open to suggestions which is why I started this discussion. As far as subwoofers for the WideLines, I would probably go with the E218sw's. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Rebelguy 3:46 AM - 19 November, 2017
Head over to prosoundweb.com forums and ask this question. You will find a lot more people who actually do this these type of installations.
577er 2:56 PM - 19 November, 2017
Depending on your room, budget and staffing the passive options from QSC will usually sound better but if keeping it simple is the most realistic concern the KLA12 and KW181 are probably the way to go... there are situations where the 153 is a better option but they are not an either or for the KLA12