Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How to delete media that is not-asigned to any crate

DJRodriBanuls 8:46 PM - 18 November, 2017
Hi! Mi name es Rodrigo from Uruguay.
At first I began to use Serato in the wrong way, I loaded in Serato all the music that I had, and then I classified it in the Crates.
Today, I have a library that weighs less than 200 Mb and a lot of music that I do not even use. Since I have the crates ordered, I would like to know how I can eliminate that music that is not assigned to any crate.
I know the secure way is to delete the library and start again, but it´s too much work. The other way, is to export the crates and use the exported files, but i think there could be another way.
Thanks Guys, I hope you can help me.
Regards
DjSyndic8 12:14 AM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi! Mi name es Rodrigo from Uruguay.
At first I began to use Serato in the wrong way, I loaded in Serato all the music that I had, and then I classified it in the Crates.
Today, I have a library that weighs less than 200 Mb and a lot of music that I do not even use. Since I have the crates ordered, I would like to know how I can eliminate that music that is not assigned to any crate.
I know the secure way is to delete the library and start again, but it´s too much work. The other way, is to export the crates and use the exported files, but i think there could be another way.
Thanks Guys, I hope you can help me.
Regards

you cant go into your hard drive and find these tracks and delete them manually

also get to know "itch sync" its a small library management tool that serato dj should have it mimics your folders one to one into crates
djgs 7:10 PM - 19 November, 2017
you could go into every crate you have and highlight them all and edit a TAG you dont use (comment, publisher, etc)

do that for every crate , then once done, go to the ALL crate and sort by the tag you changed, all the ones that are not tagged by what you wrote are not in crates

hope that helps
R-A-C 7:26 PM - 19 November, 2017
that'd be a nice addition to the new version: an "un-crated" files filter
DJRodriBanuls 11:32 PM - 26 November, 2017
Quote:
you could go into every crate you have and highlight them all and edit a TAG you dont use (comment, publisher, etc)

do that for every crate , then once done, go to the ALL crate and sort by the tag you changed, all the ones that are not tagged by what you wrote are not in crates

hope that helps

Thanks for your comment, It`s the most creative and efficent way to do what I want.
Thank you!!
Grettings from Uy