Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video Freezing

Charles Hargrow 11:06 PM - 13 November, 2017
Hello when running serato video the video keeps freezing will not play continuously. Can someone help me with this....
popnwave 11:59 PM - 13 November, 2017
What type of machine are you using?

Where do you get your videos from?

Does the audio keeping playing ok when the video freezes?
Charles Hargrow 12:03 AM - 14 November, 2017
I'm using an HP Notebook
The particular video I'm utilizing was from YouTube
Other music videos play fine and continuously
I haven't attempted to play audio while playing video
DJ Tecniq 8:10 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm using an HP Notebook
The particular video I'm utilizing was from YouTube
Other music videos play fine and continuously
I haven't attempted to play audio while playing video
Serato Video works best with a good video card. If your HP notebook has an integrated graphics card playing videos will be useless. Also why are you downloading YouTube videos? They are not good quality and will look and sound like crap.
Charles Hargrow 11:23 AM - 14 November, 2017
I'm playing video for my emplpyers presentation, and was given a Youtude video clip to utilize for the presentation.

Do you have any suggestions on how to utilize what I have for a successful presentation?

Would upgrading my processor and adding more RAM improve video performance resolving my freezing and delay issues?
DJ Tecniq 4:43 PM - 14 November, 2017
What are the full specs of your laptop?
Charles Hargrow 6:46 PM - 14 November, 2017
Processor AMD E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.80 GHZ
Installed memory 4.00 GB
System type 64-bit Operating System, x64- based processor
popnwave 7:50 PM - 14 November, 2017
The youtube file is probably not encoded to the liking of Serato Video.

You'd be best playing it outside of SV and sticking it in a Power Point presentation or other more slide show / video friendly program.
Bruno F 1:25 AM - 11 May, 2018
Hello. I am also experiencing Serato DJ Pro waveform and video preview freezing on my laptop quite often during the night, but no impact on the sound or video output. Weirdest thing.

I'm using a MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017 MacBook Pro
3.1 Ghz Intel Core i&
16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536MB

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you
Ayo Fred 6:09 AM - 17 September, 2018
im having same problem , did you find a solution ?
DJ Tecniq 5:06 PM - 17 September, 2018
Quote:
Are you using Windows or Mac? What helped me was a complete reinstall of my OS. I updated to High Sierra and had freezing over & over. So figured I’d try a clean install of Sierra and problem solved haven’t had a video freeze since. Good luck
Andyman187 5:36 PM - 17 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Are you using Windows or Mac? What helped me was a complete reinstall of my OS. I updated to High Sierra and had freezing over & over. So figured I’d try a clean install of Sierra and problem solved haven’t had a video freeze since. Good luck

Even with a fresh OS install of High Sierra the freezing waveform still occurs...
Bruno F 6:37 PM - 17 September, 2018
What solved it for me was a complete rescan of the music library within Serato DJ and subsequent removal of any corrupt music files. Absolutely no problems since I did that.
DJ Tecniq 9:33 PM - 17 September, 2018
Quote:
What solved it for me was a complete rescan of the music library within Serato DJ and subsequent removal of any corrupt music files. Absolutely no problems since I did that.
Did this as well.