Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pulselocker shutting down?

DJ Money In The Banks 9:55 PM - 10 November, 2017
Just received this email from the CEO Ben Harris:

Dear Pulselocker Customer,
It is with an incredibly heavy heart that we have to send this message. As of today, November 10th, 2017, Pulselocker is ceasing operations.

Six years ago we set out to provide a unique service to the DJ community—we believe we succeeded in providing something truly revolutionary that was well received by all of you. Due to a combination of market circumstances and financial constraints, we must re-organize our current structure if we are to successfully serve you in the future. After exhaustively searching for alternatives, we have made the extremely hard decision to shut down our operations.

We realize this news comes incredibly fast and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences this may cause. Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for the support you’ve shown Pulselocker and our deepest apologies for the speed and inconvenience of this announcement.

We will continue to search for ways to bring the service back to you in a bigger and better way. We are proud of the community that rallied behind our technology and thank you for your support and patronage.

Sincerely,
The Pulselocker Team

So what does this mean for Serato DJ now?
Fiyawerx 10:20 PM - 10 November, 2017
Hopefully they can get a good partnership going, like with Apple Music or Spotify. (DJay's Spotify integration pretty much sucks, since you can't play cached files, but MegaSeg works with offline downloads of Apple Music subscription music, which is +++).
DJ Kleb 10:22 PM - 10 November, 2017
Means we now have no decent built in way to get music... which in other news I have been seriously screwed over as I have a wedding tomorrow and now all my playlists are basically worthless and I have to start from scratch after months of putting those playlists together.
dj_soo 10:27 PM - 10 November, 2017
This is why I will never rely purely on streaming for djing and why I don't think streaming will ever be "the future" for djing.

Too many variables to take into account when local files are much more reliable.
Strosek 10:44 PM - 10 November, 2017
RIP Pulselocker... Sad to see you go but I bit of notice would have been nice. Serato please get us something ASAP
Dual Souls 11:03 PM - 10 November, 2017
I am sad about this but ha e always used it as more of a tool to get requests rather than build a set from it. Would lover to see Spotify integration. Even if they only let us keep the files cashed for like 2-3 days without the software phoning home.
charlee1985 11:15 PM - 10 November, 2017
I really hope Serato can partner with Spotify. Pulselocker was perfect for song requests that I didn't have
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:15 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
So what does this mean for Serato DJ now?

Always prepare for the future.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:16 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Serato please get us something ASAP

This is intriguing...

What exact service would you like them to provide?
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Hopefully they can get a good partnership going, like with Apple Music or Spotify. (DJay's Spotify integration pretty much sucks, since you can't play cached files, but MegaSeg works with offline downloads of Apple Music subscription music, which is +++).

Never knew that about Megaseg. Thanks for the info.
m3b 11:43 PM - 10 November, 2017
Is this effective immediately? Because I still have my library from pulselocker.
DJ Tecniq 11:45 PM - 10 November, 2017
Should of fixed the kinks before it launched. Bye felicia💃🏼
AddamXavier 12:15 AM - 11 November, 2017
This is kinda crazy, but at the same time, it didn't seem like they really knew what DJs wanted/needed (original versions and dj edits vs all the covers they had early on). I was in the beta and really didn't see much i couldnt get from a normal pool on top of additoonal edits and remixes. I had hoped they would be able to keep on and be a good resource for pop and other mobile-friendly genres. Expecially for on the fly requests.

BTW, Serato already commented on it: support.serato.com

Quote:
Is this effective immediately? Because I still have my library from pulselocker.

Seems that way, which seems pretty shitty to do this on a Friday.
Strosek 12:19 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

This is intriguing...

Umm, let's see... Spotify would work.
AddamXavier 12:26 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is intriguing...

Umm, let's see... Spotify would work.

Except you can't legally use it when gigging.
wojosound 1:17 AM - 11 November, 2017
Holy s***! I loved pulse locker. I was just building a playlist of awesome songs to use at a gig tomorrow and the whole thing is gone. It isn't even accessable in serato anymore. !!!!!!!!!
skinnyguy 2:17 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:

Not anymore.
skinnyguy 2:17 AM - 11 November, 2017
Referring to your library... Not the other part.
Old Moose 3:12 AM - 11 November, 2017
I patiently waited for Serato to get things straight with MAC OS High Serra. They did a great job! Then in the same week, Pulse locker dumps everyone on a Friday evening. I had built my whole library around the service and Serato DJ. Everything song I had is now gone, even the crates they were in. I am out of business for a good while. I am now considering moving to a different software as mentioned above. too. I'll never let this occur again. I cant believe in the corporate world this was not seen coming by Serato. This was planned without regard to the customer. Its been said I didn't prepare for the future. No I didn't, I trusted the companies. I guess it was my mistake.
AddamXavier 3:35 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I patiently waited for Serato to get things straight with MAC OS High Serra. They did a great job! Then in the same week, Pulse locker dumps everyone on a Friday evening. I had built my whole library around the service and Serato DJ. Everything song I had is now gone, even the crates they were in. I am out of business for a good while. I am now considering moving to a different software as mentioned above. too. I'll never let this occur again. I cant believe in the corporate world this was not seen coming by Serato. This was planned without regard to the customer. Its been said I didn't prepare for the future. No I didn't, I trusted the companies. I guess it was my mistake.

Pulselocker and Serato are 2 different companies. Pulselocker was also integrated into Virtual DJ and Pioneer Rekordbox and you would be in the same position if you had used PL in them too.
Spinchip 7:28 AM - 11 November, 2017
guys. at least give us a few days' warning to grab an export of our playlists. I log in this morning, 9 hours after the announcement and you've already taken the Library option away and therefore removed all the links to the pulselocker crates.

what a total mess?! So what do we all do now.

Serato - great product, very poor management. And don't use the excuse of saying that it's another company (blah, blah, blah), don't you speak to these guys??!?

One very unhappy (and sadly loyal) customer :(
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:02 AM - 11 November, 2017
I think they should have increased the price to be able to keep up if this is an entirely financial decision.

50 bucks a month, ability to cancel and not loose your crates but files locked to your computer. if you need to transfer your library to another PC, 100 bucks processing fee. They could have done this after they cleaned up the service removing the covers etc.

I never got into it as they were not available in my country.
LucastheDJ 8:12 AM - 11 November, 2017
Shut it down on a Friday with no advance notice?! I'm a full-time professional mobile DJ who is also a heavy pulselocker user. I've got a black tie wedding tomorrow that I was paid 3k to be at and I've been driving the past 4hrs to get here in my sprinter van from my wedding tonight. Not any time to prepare.

Talk about an epic f*ck up and a total disregard for the livelihoods of the people who use these programs and tools. All they needed to do was give us like 48hrs notice or something. Anything. Anything besides just a "hey we look forward to providing you great service in the future" Think again. I'm a lifetime serato user and now I'm not. *drop the mic
b.aze 10:10 AM - 11 November, 2017
If you've lost playlists, you can create a soundiiz.com account and still transfer your pulselocker playlists to another platform...at least as of Sat @ 5am eastern time. I just wonder why they shut down? Lack of money? Or copy right problems?

Pulselocker was OK at best. They need to link up with a solid record pool and create their own service.
DJ Collin Oliver 1:18 PM - 11 November, 2017
I just want to personally thank Pulselocker and CEO Mr. Ben Harris for absolutely F**King me and my 14 year old son (whose account this is) last night without any notice AT ALL. We were setting up at a Sweet 16 one hour before the event only to open Serato with practically no music available. WTF!!! For Christ sake man give people 24-48 hours notice at least!! Not only did I have to explain to the Mother of the young girl who was now in tears what had just happened. My poor son was yelled and screamed at throughout the event for something that never should have happened. Everyone on these Forums tries their hardest to be professional, show up on time, and does their best to please what are sometimes very difficult clients. All we expect is the same respect to let us know with some time to react so we can make other arrangements. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLES CAREERS HERE!! Someone HAD to know before the plug was pulled...Talk about being stranded....Never again!
DJ Barticus 1:25 PM - 11 November, 2017
timing of this is real bad.

I signed up for pulselocker the first day it was available to use with serato, i'm sure many of us did. this puts our account renewal date on Nov 10th. So we all got charged $19.99 on the 10th, the same day the service shuts down.

Shutting down on a friday reminds me of the last big pulselocker fail when the service stopped working on New Year's Eve.

check your bill, call your credit card company.
Old Moose 1:49 PM - 11 November, 2017
After thinking about what occurred, on a Friday evening, it’s just inexcusable. All of the lost gigs and now bad reputations that were created, we have to deal with.
Sounds like if enough people got together it would be a class action lawsuit but then you can’t get money from a stone. I hope because Serato was conjoined at the hip with pulselocker they are in work today figuring out damage control. One thing is clear, pulselocker is dead to me forever, even if they try to crawl back outa the slime with some type of product.
People here are correct. There were other options other then to just turn it off without notice. This was a planned corporate screw us move. I did take screen shots of my files and unsubscribed immediately! They could have offered you a CD of your music for a price. I lost about 400 songs that I would have gladly paid for. It would have been a win for all and at least they could have gone out with their heads up. They should be ashamed of themselves and this underhanded business practice.
Maybe serato should not conjoin with any other company again to never have this occur again. Just continue to make a very quality product that interfaces outstandingly well with everything.
DJ Tecniq 3:44 PM - 11 November, 2017
I feel so bad for all of you that had gigs w/pulselocker files. I knew they were shit when all the outages and website issues were popping up. No streaming service will “ever” replace a record pool. Period. And there was a catalog of copyrighted music and labels that prob weren’t getting paid. There was quite a good selection of breakbeat tunes on there but as I know these artist were not getting paid as a few of the producers were my friends but still had their content available. They knew they fucked up. I blame both Pulselocker and Serato. Highly unprofessional when a lot of us are doing corporate gigs or special moments like weddings where everything should be perfect. Serato should take this as a lesson. Never partner with a streaming service. They need to focus on making Serato better than adding this crap.
cosmicbaggy 4:28 PM - 11 November, 2017
So all the files that were stored locally on our laptops have automatically been deleted?

I can't see where they were stored originally and want to make sure they are off my drive... Can anyone confirm?

You can still login to your account online and see your playlists to copy for reference...

I used PL for party playlists and themed events (Xmas/Halloween etc.) and although it's a bit of a bummer thank god i don't rely on streaming media.

Lesson being - BUY YOUR MUSIC!
Robbie O 4:43 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:

+1

I feel bad for you guys, and no disrespect intended, but how could you trust your livelihood to a streaming service? I could understand it for dinner/cocktail music, but I need physical (well you know what I mean) mp3/Wav/etc copies on my laptop.

Also don't hold your breath for spotify... didn't they just discontinue their affiliation with one of the other DJ software? (Virtual DJ I think... maybe that Ipad one...)
cosmicbaggy 4:59 PM - 11 November, 2017
Need a t-shirt with 'Streaming media is killing music'...
popnwave 6:32 PM - 11 November, 2017
Do a little research and you'll see that Spotify has only worked with Algoriddim Djay and VDJ only seemed to get it for a while until Spotify woke up about it.

Just rely on a purchased library and stop being lazy or cheap, you can't cover every damn request anyway.
DJ Mike J2 7:07 PM - 11 November, 2017
I found out yesterday Pulselocker was shut down. I had quite a few songs stored in my library. To replace the songs just go to Pulselocker.com, log in and the titles of your downloaded songs will be located under My Tracks. You can no longer play the songs but the titles are still there. Copy the titles and grab them elsewhere. Fortunately I had only downloaded about 50 songs. I had a bad feeling something like this was going to happen and I didn't want to get shafted. My sympathy goes out to the DJs that lost their library and have gigs to do.
Jeremy D 7:46 PM - 11 November, 2017
Its really too bad this shut down...while I agree that it was extremely foolhardy for anyone to have trusted their whole show or their whole business to a streaming service that could potentially close down at any time, it was still a useful service.

Put it this way - since people can easily access almost any song in the world via their smartphone, they kind of expect DJs to do the same. This was a super convenient and decently integrated way to have that kind of access through SDJ when it was warranted, and I'll miss the convenience. Instant access to streaming music is really the world we live in now, and if you are doing weddings + corporate events where you are trying to make a diverse group of people happy, having access to this service was pretty darn useful.

I'll also miss the easy access to getting a lot of boutique music quickly for a lot of the one-off types of events I do. While the Pulselocker catalog was far, far, from all encompassing, they had a pretty nice selection of different electronica sub-genres, and it made it super easy to quickly pull together a lot of new music for a set.

Something similar will eventually arise, sooner than later I'd guess - its not like the technology isn't there to make this work, they just have to figure out a better business model to make it profitable.
DJNitro12 9:00 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I feel so bad for all of you that had gigs w/pulselocker files. I knew they were shit when all the outages and website issues were popping up. No streaming service will “ever” replace a record pool. Period. And there was a catalog of copyrighted music and labels that prob weren’t getting paid. There was quite a good selection of breakbeat tunes on there but as I know these artist were not getting paid as a few of the producers were my friends but still had their content available. They knew they fucked up. I blame both Pulselocker and Serato. Highly unprofessional when a lot of us are doing corporate gigs or special moments like weddings where everything should be perfect. Serato should take this as a lesson. Never partner with a streaming service. They need to focus on making Serato better than adding this crap.

Agreed 100%
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I had built my whole library around the service and Serato DJ. Everything song I had is now gone, even the crates they were in.

That's crazy, but at the same time, it would seem that you JUST started out, so I kinda feel bad for you, but again, you haven't put in the work, so....

Quote:
Its been said I didn't prepare for the future. No I didn't, I trusted the companies. I guess it was my mistake.

That's part of the game - ownership, and no shortcuts.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:09 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
what a total mess?! So what do we all do now.

I don't get it, what did you do BEFORE Pulselocker?

Are you new to this too?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:12 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm a full-time professional mobile DJ who is also a heavy pulselocker user. I've got a black tie wedding tomorrow that I was paid 3k to be at and I've been driving the past 4hrs to get here in my sprinter van from my wedding tonight. Not any time to prepare.

Again, how is it that you guys didn't have a backup plan?

What if the service went down for a different reason?

Did they actually cache the files onto your laptops?

Who relies on streaming service for music?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:14 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I just want to personally thank Pulselocker and CEO Mr. Ben Harris for absolutely F**King me and my 14 year old son (whose account this is) last night without any notice AT ALL. We were setting up at a Sweet 16 one hour before the event only to open Serato with practically no music available. WTF!!! For Christ sake man give people 24-48 hours notice at least!! Not only did I have to explain to the Mother of the young girl who was now in tears what had just happened. My poor son was yelled and screamed at throughout the event for something that never should have happened. Everyone on these Forums tries their hardest to be professional, show up on time, and does their best to please what are sometimes very difficult clients. All we expect is the same respect to let us know with some time to react so we can make other arrangements. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLES CAREERS HERE!! Someone HAD to know before the plug was pulled...Talk about being stranded....Never again!

Y'all buggin...

Well, not to kick a man when he's down, but hindsight is 20/20.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:15 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
timing of this is real bad.

I signed up for pulselocker the first day it was available to use with serato, i'm sure many of us did. this puts our account renewal date on Nov 10th. So we all got charged $19.99 on the 10th, the same day the service shuts down.

Shutting down on a friday reminds me of the last big pulselocker fail when the service stopped working on New Year's Eve.

check your bill, call your credit card company.

THIS however is a real bad look if they charged you.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:16 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I lost about 400 songs that I would have gladly paid for.

So, about HOW MUCH would you have paid for 400 songs?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:18 PM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:

THIS, versus, well renting or leasing....
AddamXavier 10:38 PM - 11 November, 2017
I'm kinda amazed at people bitching to Serato. Based on their response they learned the same way everyone else did, which is on Pulselocker for being a shitty communicator. Saying you aren't gonna use another Serato product doesn't help either, because they were just trying to give people what they were asking for (streaming integration) and the service was third party and on multiple other platforms. You would have been fucked if you were on Rekordbox as well.

Honestly, them shutting down on Friday, just reenforces to me that they were business people and not working DJs. They had a lackluster catalog (specifically towards the cover songs issue) in the beta which they didn't fix before launching and then shut down on literally the worst day to do so for professional DJs. Makes me thing they were going for the Baby's First DJ Pool demographic or something.

If anything i hope this helps people realize they need backup plans. Have a DJ mix you can play on your phone, something. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. When i gig out, i usually have a minimum of 2 other ways of playing music besides my computer (phone and iPod). The only way you would stop me is if my speakers went out.
Jeremy D 11:30 PM - 11 November, 2017
In this case, no one should be bitching about anything.

- Serato tried to integrate a potential useful function, which, in my experience, worked pretty well as of the last few SDJ versions. No other company of this type (to my knowledge) was in a licensing position to offer offline tracks that could be used with Serato or any other DJ program. Serato had no way to determine if Pulselocker's business model would work out over the long haul. Conclusion? I don't think you have a legit gripe with Serato (or Rekordbox or any of the other software variants that worked with Pulselocker). Call it an experiment which didn't work out.

- Pulselocker, like many other businesses, tried to launch an enterprise, and it failed. So be it - they weren't trying to screw anyone over, and made a business decision to shut down. To them, its all business, be it on a Friday, Saturday or a Tuesday. While advance notice would be nice, this is a business being run as a business. Its a bit naive to think the business of this type cares about you beyond your $19.99 per month. Pulselocker always looked a bit jank to me, and I went into using it with the assumption it could go under, taking any music I was using with it.

So while Pulselocker screwed people over in practice, they only screwed over folks who set themselves up to be screwed over. If you got charged on the same day the service went down, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Easy enough.

But yes, no need to get overly emotional about this. Its probably a good lesson learned for folks getting into this business that being overly dependent on new-school technology can (and usually will) burn you at some point. I see it this way - I still print out a hard copy of my timelines and music lists for events I do that involve these sorts of things - yeah I can store it on my phone, or check it on Google Docs, and I have crates prepared etc...but what if I have no reception, what if the device fails...what if what if...always good to have the simplest forms of backup. Same principal always applies - you can always back yourself up to the point where you can't get burned, its just effort you have to put it on your end. So, no need to bitch.
Fastsailing 4:35 AM - 12 November, 2017
A couple pretty obvious points seem to have been missed by some:

1. This was Pulselocker, not Serato. Why is there anger here at Serato? It seems inconceivable to me Pulselocker would have breathed a word of this to Serato (or anyone else). What if Serato filed an injunction or took other legal action to restrict them? Be angry at Pulselocker only... except...

2. I'll wager the Friday timing was due to a court action. Perhaps Pulselocker is under heat for copyright issues. There seems some reason to think not everyone was getting royalties. They may have been hit with a cease-and-desist. Nothing else except a corporate-suicide wish would explain suddenly pulling all content but keeping the web service and accounts live.

The rabid anger seems likely to be misplaced.

(And yes, while my heart goes out to those who are screwed for events this weekend, really? It's a cloud service, what if the wifi was down?!)
LucastheDJ 6:37 AM - 12 November, 2017
I guess it's not that big of a deal. In early had a heart attack when I thought they just ghosted all the music I'd cached and playlisted. Thought there were just no way of seeing what I'd previously downloaded. There is though so I guess whatever. It was super convenient to cover the random request from left field but I never used it as a primary source. Even if I had, I'm able to see my download history and re-download a hard copy elsewhere.
DJ Collin Oliver 1:24 PM - 12 November, 2017
Ok so I'm starting to calm down a little... ok a lot since my original post.

The reason we depended on it so much was the fact that of its ability to "store music offline". People keep saying it was a streaming service... kinda, but not really. We never had to type in a song and hope it loaded into the software or depend on wifi at all. That would have been nuts. We always prepared our music before a gig and made sure it was "stored offline" and from that point you did not need wifi at all. Only to get that random request did you need access to wifi and we always created a hotspot on our phones for that. My son and I built our entire music catalog around it and yes he is just starting out and yes we should have know better in hind site. We just thought that if Serato had vetted this company and went through the I'm sure difficult process of integrating it into their software that was safe enough to do so.

Honestly we are going to really miss the service. For $20 to have access to that amount of music was amazing. I (back in the day) would pay more than that for 1 import on vinyl. If they couldn't pay the artists... Say something!! I for one anyway would have gladly paid more to keep it going.

It was really just the timing and notice that stung so badly. I still think someone had to know their was trouble ahead and if not Pulselocker, then Serato could have blown the whistle with a little more notice. That kind of action does not come down without a few warning shots to your company.

Live and learn I guess.

We are now in the process of trying to rebuild all of our music from the ground up. ANY help from the community would be much appreciated. It's not the new stuff... that I can get obviously. It's all the really old staples that I'm having trouble with. We play to a very diverse group of people so it is all types of music From Sinatra to Marley to Latin to Hip Hop...Pop to House... all of it old and new.

Doing this has been an amazing opportunity for me to bond with my son doing something we both LOVE and we do not want it to end anytime soon.

If we are not allowed to talk about that information here because of Serato Forum guidelines I totally understand, I would respectfully ask that someone contact me via email at djcollinoliver@gmail.com and help a fellow DJ out.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Jay Oliver
Rebelguy 1:37 PM - 12 November, 2017
Can’t you buy the songs you are looking for from iTunes, Amazon, etc.?

If you’ve been in the game awhile wouldn’t you have most of the older stuff?
DJ Collin Oliver 1:47 PM - 12 November, 2017
I hear ya Rebelguy... I only wish. I lost all my old vinyl, equipment, and any hard drives with music on them back in Hurricane Sandy 2012. I had not been an active DJ for years. I think what sparked my sons interest in music was seeing how upset I was loosing all of it. It took him a few years to actually get into it since he was really young at the time it happened.

I just thought there might be a "professional service" outside of iTunes and Amazon just for DJ's.
Hanginon 2:30 PM - 12 November, 2017
A quote by Dan White, DJ TechTools, Sept 14, 2017, commenting on the break between Spotify and VDJ -

"This all goes back to a well-deserved criticism of streaming DJ music: it’s the DJ form of sharecropping. If you don’t own your own music collection and rely on an external source, it could disappear at any time leaving you high and dry. If the terms of service are suddenly changed right before your big gig and your music disappears, what would you do?

While many DJ softwares have embraced Pulselocker, a DJ-oriented streaming service, we can’t help but see this as a major lesson for software developers and DJs. External dependencies are bad – and DJs should keep building their own music collections locally, not as playlists on someone else’s server."
dj loco lopez 5:58 PM - 12 November, 2017
I enrolled in a subscription with Pulselocker because I seriously believed that I could count on it. To my surprise, I built a playlist of music for a gig that otherwise I wouldn't need in my library. Pulselocker was great for that reason. I could stream content offline, and live streaming in some scenarios where I had internet access. I boasted it to my customers.

Companies fizzle out all the time, but........ what the F**K!!!!!!!!!!! Out of the blue. Not an email. No public announcement. Just gone from my system. I found out by logging into my account and hunting around. Otherwise, I thought is was a problem with my laptop.

I don't have a way to backtrack and remember what I had on that list, which sucks. Now I know to be on guard with anything. Its just frustrating and thats the mild way of saying it.

Disappointed.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:07 PM - 12 November, 2017
It's really amazing to see how many DJ's actually RELIED on this "shortcut".

Just a sign of the times I guess...

sigh.
controversial 6:17 PM - 12 November, 2017
the issue is for us open format djs, those of us with huge libraries have to be mindful of serato dj not being to handle a large number of tracks without crashing, pulsolocker was great for those request of songs you don't really ever think you'll have to play at an event.
dj loco lopez 6:38 PM - 12 November, 2017
Quote:

Just a sign of the times I guess...

sigh.

After 34 years as a multi-genre DJ, lugging 15 crates of vinyl up flights of stairs, doing the whole vinyl to CD switch, then moving into the music file format onto laptop, I think I've paid my dues. I have thousands of useless vinyl and CDs and even music files I PAID for that were used once maybe. Pulselocker made it really convenient to keep a library to use as needed. It used to be that DJ's selected the tunes that would be popular and people just followed. But now, with so many music outlets and connectivity, DJ's have to respond to the demands of the people in real time, which can be a daunting task on the fly or a burdensome storage issue to constantly contend with. Pulselocker helped that too, and it is a sign of the times. If we don't roll with it, we get left behind.
Cwite 7:18 PM - 12 November, 2017
I feel for all of you who didn't get the time to prepare an alternative. Some of your stories are pretty horrific for you and your customers.

I am/was also a Pulselocker user. I have been right from the beta. My Business model using it has always been a little different from what most of you have been saying.

I'm a big believer in owning my own music. But Pulselocker was great for 2 things. On the fly requests, and trialling new music. I never attempted to stream at a gig, I would always download it to the computer before attempting to play it, so yes it's a streaming service, but it was the ability to play offline that was so brilliant to me, more of a long term borrowing service.

I say that I trialled Pulselocker music, because that's how I used it. I would download lots and lots of songs to my hard drive and play out with them at gigs. After a set period of time I would review my older downloads and purchase the ones I would not want to be without and then remove the pulselocker version. The rest kind of floated around just in case I came back to them.

When the bubble burst I had around 600 pulselocker tracks on my hard drive, but the reality is that I only really needed around 50 of those for work purposes, and those 50 I would have purchased within a few weeks anyway. Another 30 or so were replacements for better versions of some of my back catalogue, convenient whilst they were there, at somepoint in the future I will replace them. So no big deal for me, but I really do feel for you DJs who have been stung. Surely as a DJ subscription service you do something like this on a Monday. Not 3 hours before a weekend of gigs, when every single one of your clients will potentially turn to your tracks.

I will definitely miss it, it had a massive untapped potential, and was starting to go the right way. I will probably use something like this again if it emerges, but still with a short term borrowing plan. For this weekends gigs I purchased anything I was asked for that I would have had with Pulselocker from my phone and transferred it straight to my computer at the gig. No real difference except bpm and key info isn't immediate, but anyone with ears who can actually DJ can roughly gauge the tempo of a song when you hear it, enough to know which group if fits with at least.
Between searching, purchasing, downloading, talking to punters, picking and mixing other tracks , partying hard and transferring songs to my laptop, into Serato then finally getting a grid on it to bpm it precisely, it was probably about a broken 10 minute process start to finish for each track. A lot easier than I thought it would be, and honestly, I will not think twice about doing it this way at any gig going forward.

If anything, I will miss the way that you could search with the pulselocker icon in Serato and ALWAYS return to the crate you were in afterwards, more than pulselocker its self. The normal ctrl+f search never returns me to the crate I left when I x out, so I miss that already.

The big issue for all users, perhaps even more so than purchasing the songs themselves, is how many hours it takes to put every cue point, loop, flip, footnote and playlist structure back in place when you have lost the structure you have created.

I hope you guys get sorted quickly and don't lose too much business :-/
eugguy 7:21 PM - 12 November, 2017
As horrible as it is to lose your music, if you had trust in the ability to play music from a streaming serivce you got what was eventually coming at you. It is a hard lesson to learn, and one that will most likely never be made again. It isn’t Serato’s fault, but 100% user error in trusting that this could never happen.
jay ellis 8:38 PM - 12 November, 2017
Just like some of the DJ’s that have commented previous I was someone who has used Pulselocker (since it was intergrated into SeratoDJ) for new releases/tracks that I may only play once/stuff I haven’t yet copied from vinyl/cd’s etc..
I didn’t use it to stream at gigs,and I had around 2,000 songs stored offline (I know your never going to need all of them but because I play across lots of genres it was good to able to gather so many tracks together).
What I find hard to believe is that no one at Serato/Pioneer or any of the other systems/manufacturers that was using Pulselocker had no idea this was going to happen?
Or maybe they did?After all,Pulselocker was massively touted by serato at the beginning, then after a couple of months nothing.
I certainly had my suspicions that something was wrong as the genre updates hadn’t been done since September/early October, and if I was letting another business link up with mine then I would be keeping regular checks on them to make sure things were ok,wouldn’t you?
Im not going to get into the whole politics and debate of why you should/shouldn’t use products like Pulselocker (I had literally just arrived to play when I got the e-mail on Friday night), or being prepared for all situations (which if you want to be a professional DJ then you should be anyway),I would just like some answers as to what has actually happened.
The one good thing from this was at my gigs this weekend is it made me have a good old trawl through my Serato crates and played some tracks that I ain’t played for ages.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:33 AM - 13 November, 2017
Wow, i really feel for you guys, I had a busy weekend and I was under the weather but saw the announcement on Facebook or Twitter -I didn't think about the fall out of you guys that really built your DJ career around the Pulselocker streaming service.

I am old school i guess, always wanted to "own" my music in one form or another. I get the majority of my stuff via my main pool www.idjpool.com - along with old fashioned advanced prep for a gig (checking charts and playlists, etc).

I had a gig that required some country over the summer - went and looks at the PDF of the Billboard 100 provided at the pool, grabbed the hot new country hits I needed. Also had a Wifi and FTP access to the pool to grab an obscure request I may have missed on the fly.

Quote:

Just a sign of the times I guess....

DJ JohnnyM has me cracking up with his comments above but he does have a point - again I feel for you guys but maybe look into a good pool like idjpool (ask about the classics section - goes deep - all the way back to the 50 and 60s) and then use iTunes, Amazon, etc to fill the rest of the gaps in your library,

Again, sorry some of y'all had to go through that... Especially on a weekend - DAMN!
DJ Yo Bang 1:01 PM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
THIS however is a real bad look if they charged you.

They charged me Friday before the email was sent. Dispute filed.

I'm with many of the others, I used it as a convenience for requests and tunes that would be played once or twice. In that capacity it was awesome and will be missed. I never quit using my subscription pools for music I would be keeping so it going away doesn't have the immediate negative sting some others are getting.
tuneturner 1:49 PM - 13 November, 2017
Hey everyone, I like many others feel for those of you who got caught up with hundreds to thousands of songs you downloaded for your upcoming and standing gigs. I also feel DJ JohnnyM summed up a lot of truth with his few on point comments. I will miss Pulselocker and look for the next solution to come down the pike but in no way would I put a $3k wedding in the hands of anyone - that was some strong faith right there. I hope it worked out for you.

I hate to sound preachy, and I sure do hate when other people get on here and sound like they invented the business but I have learned a lot since I started DJing in 1982. First and foremost always have back up. In the beginning I had extra gear with me, needles, wires etc. When I made the jump to CD's I carried records with me for years. Then carried CD's for years until I was comfortable with .mp3's including 3 computers just in case of failure. Even today as things change with what seems like monthly, I carry back up gear, hard drives, whatever I can so not to fail.

It was unexpected to see Pulselocker drop out of site instantly. Did it effect me? No, I shrugged my shoulders and kept going with my regular Friday night pub gig. I hope you all can afford to be in this position in the future. My guess with Pulselocker is as someone mentioned in an earlier post; this appears to me to be a cease and desist probably having to do with licenses or rights abuse. I also seriously doubt Serato got more than a 24 hour heads up on this as well.

Never let anyone or anything control your gig/business.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:35 PM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
I hate to sound preachy, and I sure do hate when other people get on here and sound like they invented the business but I have learned a lot since I started DJing in 1982.

... Never let anyone or anything control your gig/business.

+1

As I went to bed last night, I was thinking maybe I was just old school and behind the times.

I also also started in about 1982 and started going digital with suck ass Final Scratch and then Serato around 2007. I also carried all my crates of records for a year or three while I built up my digital library via a good MP3 pool and "just in case" digital failed me (SSL was pretty rock solid back in the day). I used to burn CDs of new, temporary or questionable stuff so as not to "junk up" my Serato Mac library.

Storage is pretty cheap now, As I thought about you pulse locker guys and this thread - I thought - "if it was me" I would have some flash drives and start collection of mini "Pulse Lockers" to plug in and access random less frequent music.

Again "own" not stream.
popnwave 6:25 PM - 13 November, 2017
These people who are "open format" aka A DJ, you don't NEED every damn song on the planet in your repertoire. If not having a song (outside of maybe something you had agreed to with an event like a wedding) breaks you, you have BIG problems.

What have DJs for eons done, make not an awesome request and pick it up before your next gig.

Is something like DJay + Spotify interesting, yeah for a silly office party or something where I am literally playing jukebox and not truly curating a night based on my skills.
hmt3design 10:39 PM - 13 November, 2017
Pulselocker was always a backup for songs that I didn't have. I prefer to have the tracks on my hard drive and spin from them, especially now that I'm using the new SoundSwitch light controller.

I'll miss the service, because it was a quick way to impress a client with a song pull, even if it was risky to stream it. But there's Apple and Amazon for track downloads.
wojosound 12:13 AM - 14 November, 2017
for anybody saying " why use a streaming service?" or "buy your music"...I own a mobile dj business. A business. I am in it to make money. When I have parties at a local bar or doing a wedding or a school function, pulse locker was the most cost effective way to go. Instead of paying $1.99 or even $0.99 per song. I was paying $20 for a virtual limitless supply of songs.
popnwave 12:23 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
for anybody saying " why use a streaming service?" or "buy your music"...I own a mobile dj business. A business. I am in it to make money. When I have parties at a local bar or doing a wedding or a school function, pulse locker was the most cost effective way to go. Instead of paying $1.99 or even $0.99 per song. I was paying $20 for a virtual limitless supply of songs.

And you probably didn't learn much from that exercise. It's called "doing something cheap vs doing something right".
Rebelguy 1:22 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

And you probably didn't learn much from that exercise. It's called "doing something cheap vs doing something right".

+1
R-A-C 2:17 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
"own" not stream.

word!
Mr. Goodkat 2:36 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:

its actually super smart if it works for you. i personally only steal tracks i dont want that i need but at least in some form you were paying a legal service for them. I"m not even sure if most of the record pools are legit tbh
Rebelguy 3:10 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:

its actually super smart if it works for you. i personally only steal tracks i dont want that i need but at least in some form you were paying a legal service for them. I"m not even sure if most of the record pools are legit tbh

They are not.
tuneturner 3:40 AM - 14 November, 2017
Got the email tonight - check it out

newsletter.promoonly.com.
DJ Tecniq 8:15 AM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
I was paying $20 for a virtual limitless supply of songs.
You must be sleeping under a rock I can name two MP3 pools that are $20 month unlimited downloads with a much bigger library than pulselocker ever had. www.bpmsupreme.com www.mymp3pool.com
Detroitbootybass 5:50 PM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:

And now you don't have access to those songs anymore. Your money is gone and so are your tracks. Given all that, in long run, is it really 'cost effective'?

If you had purchased the music, you'd still be able to use them and generate further income. But now you're SOL.
djcrap 6:42 PM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Never knew that about Megaseg. Thanks for the info.

Its more of a radio station format software like to program playlists,commercials in between songs. Its the best because it also plays MP4s or video.
popnwave 7:47 PM - 14 November, 2017
Forgot about MegaSeg - wonder how they get away with the Apple Music integration?
JRPriest 9:04 PM - 14 November, 2017
Pulselocker was an okay option/tool. One Should never depend on a streaming service for any type of gig. A strong Collection of music/knowledge/skills/people skills/ being an entertainer. should be able to get you through any job with no complaints.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:54 AM - 15 November, 2017
Welp....tough lesson learned here for alot of you. In this age where storage is cheap as hell, there is no reason no to own your own tunes.
deejdave 2:14 AM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I was paying $20 for a virtual limitless supply of songs.
You must be sleeping under a rock I can name two MP3 pools that are $20 month unlimited downloads with a much bigger library than pulselocker ever had. www.bpmsupreme.com www.mymp3pool.com

As usual Tecniq is not even close to correct. Pools only have new releases otherwise they are illegal. This is the very nature of record pools. They are used for NEW music distribution to industry professionals. The music is hosted and distributed for a set period of time then the song is removed from the database. There are a certain number of pools that do offer older tracks against their licenses (if they even have one) but mymp3pool and BPM supreme are not among these. Just as an example BPM Supreme has 62551 audio files as of this minute and this includes multiple edits of most of the songs (outro, intro, quick hitters, clean etc.)

Again 62551 tracks............... Pulselocker had 44 MILLION at its peak. Neck and neck I'd say LMAO.

That being said record pools are a great value but understand one thing Pulselocker and record pools were NOTHING alike aside from the fact they had music. So does iTunes. So does Beatport. So does walmart. Pulselocker was a streaming option similar to Spotify, Apple Music and Deezer.

The rest is up for opinion but the fact remains Tecniq is passing around erroneous information while attempting to belittle someone again.
musiclee 5:01 AM - 15 November, 2017
Spotify all the way!!!
Strike a deal with them
Make it happen Serato!!
DJ Tecniq 7:03 AM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
The rest is up for opinion but the fact remains Tecniq is passing around erroneous information while attempting to belittle someone again.
To be honest I wasn’t belittling “anyone” at all. And you’re a dumbass Pulselocker got busted for copyright numbnuts so what the fuck are you even going on about if it’s anyone who’s belittling ppl it’s you asshole. I don’t know any legit MP3 pool other than Promo Only. Last i checked I know many artist that have sampled or used someone else’s work illegally🤷🏼‍♂️
DJ Tecniq 7:05 AM - 15 November, 2017
And i never uses Pulselocker anyway except for the free trial they never had 44 million songs in the beginning. They must of grew there database over time.
DJ Tecniq 7:06 AM - 15 November, 2017
Used*
shikydraks 7:17 AM - 15 November, 2017
Pulselocker claims the downloaded content would still be available - they lied.
Pulsocker shuts down but takes payment a week before shutting down.

What qualifies as a class action lawsuit?
A "class action" lawsuit is one in which a group of people with the same or similar injuries caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group. Other names for lawsuits brought by a number of people who suffered similar harm or losses are "mass tort litigation" and "multi-district litigation" ("MDL").

A lawsuit becomes a class action when one or more plaintiffs, often called Lead Plaintiffs, file a lawsuit claiming some kind of harm. The plaintiff(s) can then ask the court to certify the case as a class action. ... The Lead Plaintiff must also have no conflict with other class members.

How do you file a lawsuit against a company?
First, you need to figure out whether you have the right to file a lawsuit against the person or business you have a dispute with. To file a lawsuit in court, you have to be someone directly affected by the legal dispute you are suing about. In legal terms, this is called having “standing” to file the lawsuit.

Expect a class action to take at least 1-3 years to resolve, but know that the process could take longer. (In rarer instances, it could be over in less than a year.) Even the simplest cases must proceed through numerous formal stages, including: Original complaint filed.

Filing Your Lawsuit
Prepare your complaint. To sue someone, you must prepare a document called a complaint that you will file with the court. ...
File your complaint at the courthouse. ...
Serve the defendant. ...
Gather facts about your case through discovery. ...
Conduct “informal investigation.
shikydraks 7:17 AM - 15 November, 2017

A "class action" lawsuit is one in which a group of people with the same or similar injuries caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group. Other names for lawsuits brought by a number of people who suffered similar harm or losses are "mass tort litigation" and "multi-district litigation" ("MDL").

A lawsuit becomes a class action when one or more plaintiffs, often called Lead Plaintiffs, file a lawsuit claiming some kind of harm. The plaintiff(s) can then ask the court to certify the case as a class action. ... The Lead Plaintiff must also have no conflict with other class members.

First, you need to figure out whether you have the right to file a lawsuit against the person or business you have a dispute with. To file a lawsuit in court, you have to be someone directly affected by the legal dispute you are suing about. In legal terms, this is called having “standing” to file the lawsuit.

Expect a class action to take at least 1-3 years to resolve, but know that the process could take longer. (In rarer instances, it could be over in less than a year.) Even the simplest cases must proceed through numerous formal stages, including: Original complaint filed.

Filing Your Lawsuit
Prepare your complaint. To sue someone, you must prepare a document called a complaint that you will file with the court. ...
Serve the defendant. ...
popnwave 3:33 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:

Filing Your Lawsuit
Serve the defendant. ...

Good luck with that, IANAL but work in the courts and this type of "I'm gonna sue" behavior is a big waste of time. You'll never collect and the only ones who might get a piece of whatever is left (if any) is a lawyer.

But go on with your bad self, lol.

Use your bank to back charge the fee and move on.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:02 PM - 15 November, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately suing would cost you WAY more than 20.00.

Just file a claim with your cc holder saying you were charged but didn't receive the product.

MAKE SURE Y'ALL READ THE FINE PRINT to make sure that they can't terminate the service "At Will"....They may say that you'd be charged IF you had access at ANY TIME during the service period.

Who knows? You MAY have had access during the new service period, even if it was for 3 minutes....
shikydraks 5:42 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Filing Your Lawsuit
Serve the defendant. ...

Good luck with that, IANAL but work in the courts and this type of "I'm gonna sue" behavior is a big waste of time. You'll never collect and the only ones who might get a piece of whatever is left (if any) is a lawyer.

But go on with your bad self, lol.

Use your bank to back charge the fee and move on.

I'm just throwing the idea out there.
shikydraks 5:45 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately suing would cost you WAY more than 20.00.

Just file a claim with your cc holder saying you were charged but didn't receive the product.

MAKE SURE Y'ALL READ THE FINE PRINT to make sure that they can't terminate the service "At Will"....They may say that you'd be charged IF you had access at ANY TIME during the service period.

Who knows? You MAY have had access during the new service period, even if it was for 3 minutes....

I'll definitely be disputing the charge.
tuneturner 6:28 PM - 15 November, 2017
Fortunately I paid my Pulselocker through amex. I filed a dispute online. Took 2 minutes and takes 6-8 weeks for them to decide and settle. My experience in the past with them handling similar issues has been great and faster than promised. DJJohnnyM is right though I am sure this will all depend on the fine print.
PhoenixUK 8:25 PM - 15 November, 2017
Hi All,

Just as a heads up, Pulselocker are STILL attempting to take subscription payments, so call your banks and cancel the billing, as it's not a direct debit or standing order, so you WILL need to cancel it manually.

Good luck!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:42 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi All,

Just as a heads up, Pulselocker are STILL attempting to take subscription payments, so call your banks and cancel the billing, as it's not a direct debit or standing order, so you WILL need to cancel it manually.

Good luck!

Wow.

Thank goodness they never launched in my region.

I did use the trial using a VPN, I noticed that it slowed down my initial loading time in Serato so never tried to go any further with it.

But it had a deep African music collection.
cotdagoo 3:32 PM - 16 November, 2017
Always thought this was a waste of development. Caters to a very specific market and relies on a 3rd party service to do all the work..

dumb.
popnwave 4:14 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Always thought this was a waste of development. Caters to a very specific market and relies on a 3rd party service to do all the work..

dumb.

You do realize that all of the big dj software programs supported it, right?
DJUnknown 9:15 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
Got the email tonight - check it out

newsletter.promoonly.com.

Ah the ultimate slap in the face, so not only did they leave folks who solely depended on them high and dry, it appears that they also sold their email addresses, LOL
Mint Cherry 1:56 PM - 21 November, 2017
And Just to make a stupid situation even worse. Pulselocker just tried to charge my card for next month's service.
raedonquan 2:49 PM - 21 November, 2017
Same here they tried last week... hehehe
Cwite 3:48 PM - 21 November, 2017
Yep....just had an email coz I blocked their payment "there appears to be an issue with your account"

Hmmm...... ya think??
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:49 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
Yep....just had an email coz I blocked their payment "there appears to be an issue with your account"

Hmmm...... ya think??

LMAO!
DJ Tecniq 3:09 AM - 22 November, 2017
Can’t believe they are still trying to charge ppl. That’s how you know their system was horse shit...
deejdave 3:15 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Can’t believe they are still trying to charge ppl. That’s how you know their system was horse shit...

That's how you know their system was automatic. That's it. Billing has nothing to do with actual function and use of the product they offered. Not defending them and what they are allowing to happen is wrong but once again let's keep the facts straight here.
DJ Tecniq 5:21 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That's how you know their system was automatic. That's it. Billing has nothing to do with actual function and use of the product they offered. Not defending them and what they are allowing to happen is wrong but once again let's keep the facts straight here.
Automatic or not...they stopped development of the software so no one should be getting charged anything🤷🏼‍♂️ The “fact” is ppl are still getting charged for software that is no longer available...
deejdave 2:18 PM - 22 November, 2017
Oh yeah Like I said it is no doubt a guaranteed way to ensure nobody will ever trust them again if they somehow find a way to attempt a come back. The name Pulselocker is dead forever.
Skinny G. 5:58 PM - 22 November, 2017
U know what's really annoying? Is reading all these comments that completely miss the point of why a lot of DJs were using pulselocker. If belittling others is the only response you have in response to what has happened, then please see the exit. Also, let me save you the time, trouble and embarrassment of some snark response, I have 2/3 DJ pools and a myriad of other sites and places I research for music, and I DJ full time for a living, the Pulselocker dying is disappointing to me too even though I own most of my music.

There were some songs I've lost because I didn't yet DL the hard copies, but I can get them back too. Also, something that I've personally ran into, was a file that's been corrupted, and had no time to go looking for, was available on Pulselocker, so I grabbed that and used it immediately. So yes, Pulselocker was something useful and something that I relied on sometimes.

In response to the auto-billing, it's unethical of them. They clearly locked up shop w/o even the courtesy of contacting their financial partners. Which means, they probably also owe their financial partners (banks/transaction dealers/etc...) or something to that extent.

They also tried to bill me, but that card was cancelled anyway due to an unrelated incident. But that is shoddy business and the world we live in today is shoddy.
deejdave 1:43 AM - 23 November, 2017
Anyone who actually used it (beyond the initial free trial when it first launched) knows exactly what PL offered and how much it helped. Depending on anything 100% is not the best idea so lets put that to rest.

Service (pre death), Price, content, quality all top notch.

The abrupt shut down and all that came after.............. bad enough to wipe all the good away from history.
Skinny G. 9:55 PM - 23 November, 2017
If PL was to come back, I doubt they'd be able to get much done, because I doubt Majors would support them. At least, I'd be super surprised if Serato/Pioneer ever dealt with them EVER again after such terrible exit.
deejdave 9:58 PM - 23 November, 2017
Trust that they know more than anyone they and anyone tied to them are done for good.
AKIEM 7:59 AM - 30 November, 2017
Hilarious.
Jaywoo 1:57 AM - 1 December, 2017
I didn’t read all of the comments, so I don’t know if this was mentioned. BPM supreme has had, it seems, 95+% of music I have looked for and have some really good exclusive remixes too. It also has some Video capability. $19.99/mo.
Fastsailing 4:54 AM - 4 December, 2017
I love it, they're STILL trying to bill people. I received this yesterday:
----------------
We can't seem to process your credit card

We are having trouble processing your payment using the American Express ending in xxxx.

To correct your card details or pay with another card, please update your account.

Until we are able to resolve this issue, your subscription is canceled due to non-payment. We hope this is just a mixup and look forward to resolving this with you quickly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at noreply@pulselocker.com regarding invoice xxxxxx.

Sincerely,
pulselocker
----------------

Pretty awesome!

So people, CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS! If they bill you, contact your card issuers promptly. Notify them you are "disputing a charge for non-delivery of a promised service and you would like a chargeback." The language will force them to act, and in this case they are actually on your side.

For anyone having trouble getting charges reversed, websearch for "credit card dispute" for good tips.
Fastsailing 5:36 AM - 4 December, 2017
Quote:
... don't hesitate to contact us at noreply@pulselocker.com regarding invoice xxxxxx.

Didn't even notice the email address when I first read it. That kind of says it all, doesn't it.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 AM - 4 December, 2017
So they are con artists?
Fastsailing 4:58 PM - 4 December, 2017
Quote:
So they are con artists?

I'm not sure they intended to be. Seems like they just walked out of the building and left the lights half-on. The service worked well enough for what it was while it was there.
popnwave 12:20 AM - 5 December, 2017
Skynet is running the billing.
Jaywoo 12:34 AM - 5 December, 2017
Quote:
Skynet is running the billing.

Haha!!! Awesome.
deejdave 2:39 AM - 5 December, 2017
As a FYI I have not been charged since Oct and I did nothing to cancel or block payment. They just have simply not tried to charge me.
Camobuoy 12:51 PM - 7 December, 2017
I know we are Serato users and most of us slag VDJ but I would love to see an integration like VDJ has for Content Unlimited, Video and especially Karaoke. Something along those lines would be great as a back up because at the end of the day you can't be going to a gig relying solely on streaming content, you would be a fool to do that! Always have a back up plan..
popnwave 4:01 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:
I know we are Serato users and most of us slag VDJ but I would love to see an integration like VDJ has for Content Unlimited, Video and especially Karaoke. Something along those lines would be great as a back up because at the end of the day you can't be going to a gig relying solely on streaming content, you would be a fool to do that! Always have a back up plan..

The content unlimited stuff is just packaged as part of VDJ, I know for a fact you can do the same stuff outside of SDJ with the music videos with no problem at the same price. VDJ has the upper hand with the karaoke stuff simply because Serato Video has a super basic, and not very useful, implementation of it.

So yeah VDJ puts it all under the hood, but jeeze it's not that hard to subscribe to iDJPool or VJ-Pro (which their sibling Smashvidz is 1000x more useful for mixing) on your own.
Culprit 7:26 AM - 27 March, 2018
rebumping this thread,

content unlimited video service is vj-pro/smashvission. Its legit and dope as hell and works really good with VDJ.

If Serato had it implemented, it would be amazing
popnwave 2:58 PM - 27 March, 2018
That's just a fancy bundle/branding thing though and I think the BEST audio/video tag team bundle right now is DMS + Smash, even if it isn't integrated into Serato.

The fact that cue points are still set to SDJ specs by most pools shows who they are really aiming at :)

Buuuuuuuut if Serato dropped a monster Serato Video update that cleaned up Karaoke support and squashed that lingering bugs it's had for years they could storm back to the forefront of the pack.
skinnyguy 6:15 PM - 28 March, 2018
gawd....if serato could read zipped karaoke files (and edit tags!) ....boom.
MadSick 1:55 PM - 4 April, 2018
***Important****
From the moment I give Pulselocker a free trial run, I was skeptical on how it would impact me if:
1) I had no internet service(Can't do song request then) = disadvantage
2) The songs were store in an encrypted database on your hard drive = disadvantage
3) You would Paid monthly service for something that you can't control = disadvantage.

I call it quits after my trial, cause it was not worth it and I glad I did. Sorry, for all the pros that was impact by this hurry up streaming service to rip people off!!
AKIEM 2:07 PM - 4 April, 2018
they should have paid attention to the pros on here laughing when announced
Marv Incredible 8:22 AM - 5 April, 2018
Marv Incredible 8:23 AM - 5 April, 2018
^Meh. Forgot the forums do that to links. Headline reads:

'Beatport Acquires DJ Streaming & Subscription Service Pulselocker to Boost Its Own Streaming Offering'
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:21 AM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
they should have paid attention to the pros on here laughing when announced

This...
Hanginon 1:15 PM - 5 April, 2018
mixgoonie 2:51 PM - 5 April, 2018
Let's hope they do it better, such feature is missing.

Spotify is good for Djay Pro but unfortunately not legal...

Pulselocker was, but not implemented in little countries like, Luxemburg, Belgium....