Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Speaker Configuration Question.

DGRAY325 6:57 PM - 10 November, 2017
Looking for some knowledgeable input, for years I've been using (2) K12's with a single KSub. I've always came right from my controller into the KSub using XLR's R/L and then up to the mains, this is QSC's recommended configuration with the mains set to "external sub". A buddy of mine just gave me a JBL PRX710S 18, first time using it I put a sub on each side and split the XLR's hitting the sub first and up to the mains. The PRX has a crossover button, I've tried it both ways and hear no difference, probably because my mains are set to EXT anyways so it ignores any low freq input. I was disappointed thinking i'd have more low end power, honestly was more impressed with just a single KSub then with the PRX added to the mix.

I also tried using my original configuration and just used the line level output off one of the K12's into the PRX, this honestly sounded a little better but still expected more. What would be the "right" way to have this all cabled? Also any suggestions as far as my Serato audio settings would be appreciated, I've played around with the EQ boost and Gain. I'm currently using a Reloop Mixon 4 with Serato 9.1.10 and a 17 MacBook Pro i7 w/ dual graphics cards. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
dj_soo 8:47 PM - 10 November, 2017
shouldn't be mixing and matching subs - use one of the other - not both at the same time. What's likely happening is that the two subs are having some odd wave patterns cancelling each other out because they are designed differently and produce different frequency curves.
DGRAY325 9:15 PM - 10 November, 2017
Gotcha, thanks much appreciated.
DGRAY325 9:17 PM - 10 November, 2017
If I was to stick with the JBL would it be best to hit the sub first or the tops?
dj_soo 9:56 PM - 10 November, 2017
Yes because you'd want to use the JBL crossover instead of the high pass on the QSCs as the crossover will be tuned to the sub better. Keep your tops in full range mode and just run the JBL crossover on the sub.