Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Abs and Rel modes not working in SDJ

DJ Y-Not 7:26 AM - 10 November, 2017
I just downloaded the latest version of Serato DJ 1.9.10. I have a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra. The internal decks work but the Abs and Rel modes do not work. Am I missing a step? My MacBook Pro is late 2012. I've used SSL for the last 10 years. I just upgraded to Serato DJ. I am using a Mixars Duo MK II mixer. Please advise. Thanks
DJ Tecniq 7:38 AM - 10 November, 2017
Did you make sure to download the Sierra driver for the mixer?
DJ Y-Not 8:51 AM - 10 November, 2017
I actually figured it out. I had to switch the buttons on the back. It's working now.
I am having an issue with calibration of the turntables. I have heard about issue with instability in SDJ. I didn't have this issue in SSL. Any advice for that?
Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 9:48 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
I actually figured it out. I had to switch the buttons on the back. It's working now.
I am having an issue with calibration of the turntables. I have heard about issue with instability in SDJ. I didn't have this issue in SSL. Any advice for that?
Thanks!
That all depends what kind of needles you are using? Make sure the cartridges are tightly fit on the tonearm.
Serato, Support
Chez P 1:56 AM - 11 November, 2017
Hi @DJ Y-Not,

I would recommend checking out the article below for calibrating Serato DJ. This could help with the issue you are currently experiencing.

Link: support.serato.com

If issues persist, please drop a line to the support team at the green button to the right of this message.

Cheers.
DJ Y-Not 8:45 PM - 11 November, 2017
Thanks @DJ Tecniq - I did clean the cartridges and the tonearm connection. So far so good!
Thanks @Chez P - I will check out the article.
DJ Tecniq 7:09 AM - 12 November, 2017
Quote:
Thanks @DJ Tecniq - I did clean the cartridges and the tonearm connection. So far so good!
Thanks @Chez P - I will check out the article.
Great to hear bud!
rez 9:22 PM - 6 February, 2019
When doing back to backs or beat juggling in rel mode the record markers fall out of sync with dj pro ..Never had this issue with scratchlive except for some skipping .Whats the issue i need to resolve this?