Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane Sixty Eight

joe2037 3:41 AM - 9 November, 2017
I see that 1.9.10 has High Sierra support but I can't find anything that says Rane's Sixty Eight is supporting it. I got burned last time by assuming that the software was all that needed to announce compatibility and want to be sure before I dive into the upgrade that it will work.
popnwave 4:44 PM - 9 November, 2017
You can run multiple versions of Serato on the same machine.. and the 68 is supported with every version after 1.6.0.
joe2037 7:34 PM - 9 November, 2017
It wasn’t supported when they went to sierra originally. Serato came out with their software announcing compatibility and I upgraded. I was getting dropouts like no ones business. Then I realized that Rane didn’t yet support it and has to wait for their support with a new driver. It was terrible. Since I do not see my mixer in the list yet, I am curious to find out if it will be supported at all. dj.rane.com
popnwave 7:53 PM - 9 November, 2017
Ah I see that now, wow that's a bummer.
popnwave 7:54 PM - 9 November, 2017
I wouldn't touch it until RANE / inMusic says it's good to go.
joe2037 4:36 PM - 11 November, 2017
That's what I was thinking too. I was hoping someone knew when though becuase my Macbook Pro is from 2010 and I want to upgrade soon.
J.J. 9:36 PM - 15 November, 2017
Maybe Rane thinks nobody uses the Sixty Eight anymore?

I was unable to contact them trough their website because you need a serial number and your first borns social security number.

Request support through their FaceBook page like I just did.

www.facebook.com

Quote:
I was wondering when you were going to add macOS High Sierra 10.13 Support for the Rane Sixty-Eight?
R-A-C 5:11 AM - 16 November, 2017
they might not do that at all given their massively stripped down staff now. same for the SL2.
however, the previous osx version is gonna be fine for dj use for many more years.
joe2037 12:36 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
they might not do that at all given their massively stripped down staff now. same for the SL2.
however, the previous osx version is gonna be fine for dj use for many more years.

Can you elaborate? Who has massively stripped down staff? Rane?

Generally when you hear a company is running on fumes with their staff, innovation is hauled and End of Life on products is usually eminent.
Deejay-Basics.de 12:55 PM - 16 November, 2017
As I still own a Rane 68, the upcoming support would be nice to know. Btw it's still working fine with Windows 10.
R-A-C 1:40 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Can you elaborate? Who has massively stripped down staff? Rane?

yeah. have a look around for "inmusic" and "rane"