Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Meet Cupid, the new matching tool that will keep your mixing ideas intact.

DJwhizkid 10:35 AM - 8 November, 2017
How many times you managed to find an awesome mix between two specific tracks while playing a live set, telling yourself you must memorize it for future use, and of course completely forgot about it till the end of the set?

Now, imagine there was a nice tool that would memorize this ideas for you in a press of a button... wouldn't it be nice?

Let's say you're playing live, and you find the perfect match between two songs that mix beautifully together. Now, you press the 'Cupid button' and it automatically put the two songs that are playing on a special 'Cupid list' where all the perfect matches are saved for life!

And having this kind of list can get even more interesting if Serato could somehow suggest or signal on the GUI about the next song based on your 'Cupid list'.

For example:
Let's say 'Track 12' and 'Track 16' were saved as a pair somewhere in the past...

Now, weeks later you're loading 'Track 12', and as you do that, Serato suggest you 'Track 16' as the possible next track for you to play.
If you accept the suggestion, you can press a button to load it to the second deck. If not, you just ignore it and keep doing your thing...

I hope my vision is clear enough...

What do you think?
Dj KoolBreeze 11:26 AM - 8 November, 2017
Pretty much the said feature that is in rbdj. Just as you described it. I believe its called match
DJwhizkid 12:11 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
Pretty much the said feature that is in rbdj. Just as you described it. I believe its called match

Oh, you're right.
Found it, and yeah that pretty much the same.

this is how they describe it....
"We’re also making it easier to find the perfect track to play next in your set with the new Matching feature. You can audition tracks in rekordbox and mark the ones that mix well together, then when you’re DJing on certain multiplayers (CDJ-TOUR1, CDJ-2000NXS2), you can choose to display the tracks that you’ve matched with the track that’s currently playing."
Laz219 12:25 PM - 8 November, 2017
This is also why it is helpful to use the history tool to review your previous sets and remind yourself of the tracks that worked well. It's not as simple but it's always useful practice.
DJwhizkid 12:43 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
This is also why it is helpful to use the history tool to review your previous sets and remind yourself of the tracks that worked well. It's not as simple but it's always useful practice.

Agree.
I do it all the time... but sometimes I wish we had a neater tool to track all the good matches in one place with quick access.
Hanginon 5:02 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:

Which was developed for them by Mixibes - the same thing is in Cross DJ.
charlee1985 5:45 PM - 29 November, 2017
+1
bnutz 1:24 PM - 23 June, 2020
I love this idea. If you could tag songs as “Paired” so that when Track 1 is loaded, the paired track(s) automatically gets added to the prepare window. You should be able to turn “Pair Prepping” (could have a toggle button with Icon PP or within setup window) on and off.