DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJs might dig this iOS Music Player, like a virtual record collection

Deep (like the ocean) 8:57 AM - 2 November, 2017
Informal 1 minute screencast: youtu.be

If you're the kind of person who listens to albums cover to cover, or would like to manually arrange your records instead of going through a boring alphabetized list, or are just really annoyed with the iOS Music app (like I am), you should check this out!

If you'd like play with it, please send a note with your name and email to betatesting@musicologyapp.com and I will send you an invite. *PLEASE* mention Serato somewhere in your email or subject, so I know how you found this.
M.adaM 10:30 AM - 2 November, 2017
Now this app should work not only with Serato, but also with Duett and all other desktop extension to iOS device.
So when I browse the Serato library of mine and select the album, allow me to select the desired track and also allow the load it to A,B,C, or D deck.

These extension apps can handle 2 Ipad (pod, phone), the user could use 1 on each side of the main display (or even 4 devices, so every deck could have its own, dedicated browsing screen.)

If Serato can't update their UI to satisfy their users needs, than outsiders should do it.

This is the best DJ friendly solution I ever seen. (I'm from the analog side, used vinyl for a decade and a half)

+1000
Logisticalstyles 11:59 PM - 2 November, 2017
It really feels like digging through crates. Much nicer than the iOS Music app.
M.adaM 1:27 PM - 27 November, 2017
You should cooperate with Serato, to bring this for the upcoming v.2.0 or maybe for the v.2.1
Deep (like the ocean) 12:22 PM - 28 November, 2017
NEW CONTACT EMAIL – beta@jamsontoast.com

Quote:
You should cooperate with Serato, to bring this for the upcoming v.2.0 or maybe for the v.2.1

I'd love to!
Deep (like the ocean) 11:01 AM - 3 January, 2018
This has been released! Get it at www.jamsontoast.com
M.adaM 11:16 AM - 3 January, 2018
You should port it to android and windows......
I would use this on my win pc
M.adaM 12:40 PM - 11 January, 2018
I'm just waiting to get my Ipad Mini 2.
Just wonder if your player supports Flac files too?

I hope it does!
Deep (like the ocean) 12:41 PM - 11 January, 2018
Quote:
I'm just waiting to get my Ipad Mini 2.
Just wonder if your player supports Flac files too?

I hope it does!

It does not currently support FLAC files, but this is certainly something I would like to build at some point!
M.adaM 12:50 PM - 11 January, 2018
Also, it would be nice to have a complete music arrangement system.
For example I connecting my device to an external memory/hdd (via cable or wifi)

So if I have a few hundred gigs to get sorted I can do the sorting with your program ...
delete songs from an album, place some songs to different folders and so on. (different genres or artists on compilations)
So I could use the new file structure on SDJ for example via the well known JAVA app that syncs the folders with SDJ
Deep (like the ocean) 12:54 PM - 11 January, 2018
Totally agree, I think digital music management/organization is fundamentally broken. Unfortunately, the workflow you are describing would take a significant amount of resources and time to accomplish.
If I had it my way, I would just create a new iTunes. However, I'm just one person working on this project, that too without any funding, so there's an upper limit to what I can accomplish alone.
M.adaM 2:15 PM - 11 January, 2018
I still think you should co-operate with Serato.

You guys should make an expansion pack together.
Many old-school vinyl lover would buy it for sure.
Also most of the younger guys don't need it at all, since they never had a vinyl or cd.

The might help you out coding and distribute it and you share the income some way.

You could get a nice money, they could get 1 step further to the real vinyl-like experience....
a win-win situation!
M.adaM 10:40 PM - 14 January, 2018
I hope it will support any wireless HDD
M.adaM 10:25 PM - 24 January, 2018
Should work on a Windows PC!
M.adaM 2:09 PM - 2 January, 2019
Bump
steven wynen 3:02 PM - 10 February, 2019
yes please!