Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

DJ2GO2 Full serato license

DJ Chris Beee 2:00 AM - 31 October, 2017
Greetings,

I own a Denon MCX8000 and a Denon DJ DS1 which then enables full Serato DJ. Separately I have purchased the DVS add on (to use with my MCX8000) and purchased the FX packs.

Now that I have the Numark DJ2GO2 seems I have to buy Serato DJ (argh) if I want the same functionality. Few questions please:

* Will my FX packs be usable when I use my DJ2GO2?
* Can I use the Serato Remote (iPad control) to control FX while also using my DJ2GO2?
* Also, when using full Serato DJ with the DJ2GO2, does it enable the use of the additional 4 hotcues (there are only 4 physical cut buttons on there..maybe pressing shift+the hotcue button allows you to use Cue 5-8?)
* If I opt not to purchase full Serato DJ, is Serato intro 'smart enough' to know I have Serato installed already and use the same music database that's on my machine already?

Thanks,
Chris
DJ Chris Beee 2:05 AM - 31 October, 2017
Answer to my last question: "* If I opt not to purchase full Serato DJ, is Serato intro 'smart enough' to know I have Serato installed already and use the same music database that's on my machine already?"
-- Yes it is smart enough to know having just installed it ;)

.... appreciate your responses to the other questions above!
TruBeatJunky 7:42 AM - 8 November, 2017
Hello, I have just purchased the Numark Dj2GO2 and it seems to have made my Pioneer DDJ-SX2 PLAY functions unusable. I can only Use my DJ2GO2 as the controller... what happened to the Serato DJ that came with Pioneer controller?
DJ Tecniq 2:26 AM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
Hello, I have just purchased the Numark Dj2GO2 and it seems to have made my Pioneer DDJ-SX2 PLAY functions unusable. I can only Use my DJ2GO2 as the controller... what happened to the Serato DJ that came with Pioneer controller?
Make sure your laptop is using the correct audio device in your sound settings. It sounds like your laptop is using your Numark soundcard instead on the Pioneer like it should be.
TruBeatJunky 8:26 AM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Make sure your laptop is using the correct audio device in your sound settings. It sounds like your laptop is using your Numark soundcard instead on the Pioneer like it should be.

does sound setting affect that if DJ2GO2 is not connected?
TruBeatJunky 8:27 AM - 9 November, 2017
meaning doesnt it default to whatever controller is plugged in??
DJ Tecniq 9:01 AM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
No idea we don't know what kind of laptop you are using to determine that. Usually yes it should default to whatever controller is plugged in. Generally this isn't a problem for Macs. Assuming you're using a pc?
TruBeatJunky 9:34 AM - 16 November, 2017
Im on a macbook pro...I will give you a brief discription of the process that led to my issue. Serato 1.9.6 worked beautifully with my DDJ-SX2 before updating to 1.9.9 - Reason for update was Numarks DJ2GO2, so i loaded SERATO DJ Intro 1.ver. Everything worked fine, DJ2GO2 in serato dj intro and DDJ-SX2 in serato dj... Now DJ2GO2 offered a full 14day trial of serato dj. when prompted to update in serato intro the trial asked if i wanted to keep old version of serato 1.9.6 I continued with a separate version so i could keep original that came with my pioneer ddj-sx2 That's where my issues began. Whenever i tried to use pioneer ddj-sx2 it would recognize the controller ddj-sx2 but soon as the two turn tables appeared the PLAY/PAUSE transport function disappeared from serato program leaving me only with the search scroll function and also allowed selected songs to be loaded into all 4 channels of turntables But wont Play tracks. when i unplugged ddj-sx2 controller it would allow the one song selected for turntable one to spin and sound meter jumps but no sound. i plug in DJ2GO2 and now the turntables reappear in serato ver 1.9.9 load mini controller and plays and sound card from DJ2GO work. I reloaded serato dj 1.9.6 half a dozen times and it continues to behave the same and trial period countdown still appering still appearing. its been nearly two weeks without any real solution for my main controller. Had to pass a gig this past Saturday. Im wondering why it conflicted. My guess is the trial recognized all the versions of serato being thes erato Intro 1.ver vs. my original pioneer ddj-sx2 ver. 1.9.6 of serato vs the 1.9.9 ver. so i could use DJ2GO2 as secondary controller. And also doing the free version of serato 14 day trial to get DJ2GO2 to work in serato DJ. I just need my pioneer back. what can i do to make it work again?
TruBeatJunky 9:35 AM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
No idea we don't know what kind of laptop you are using to determine that. Usually yes it should default to whatever controller is plugged in. Generally this isn't a problem for Macs. Assuming you're using a pc?

Im on a macbook pro...I will give you a brief discription of the process that led to my issue. Serato 1.9.6 worked beautifully with my DDJ-SX2 before updating to 1.9.9 - Reason for update was Numarks DJ2GO2, so i loaded SERATO DJ Intro 1.ver. Everything worked fine, DJ2GO2 in serato dj intro and DDJ-SX2 in serato dj... Now DJ2GO2 offered a full 14day trial of serato dj. when prompted to update in serato intro the trial asked if i wanted to keep old version of serato 1.9.6 I continued with a separate version so i could keep original that came with my pioneer ddj-sx2 That's where my issues began. Whenever i tried to use pioneer ddj-sx2 it would recognize the controller ddj-sx2 but soon as the two turn tables appeared the PLAY/PAUSE transport function disappeared from serato program leaving me only with the search scroll function and also allowed selected songs to be loaded into all 4 channels of turntables But wont Play tracks. when i unplugged ddj-sx2 controller it would allow the one song selected for turntable one to spin and sound meter jumps but no sound. i plug in DJ2GO2 and now the turntables reappear in serato ver 1.9.9 load mini controller and plays and sound card from DJ2GO work. I reloaded serato dj 1.9.6 half a dozen times and it continues to behave the same and trial period countdown still appering still appearing. its been nearly two weeks without any real solution for my main controller. Had to pass a gig this past Saturday. Im wondering why it conflicted. My guess is the trial recognized all the versions of serato being thes erato Intro 1.ver vs. my original pioneer ddj-sx2 ver. 1.9.6 of serato vs the 1.9.9 ver. so i could use DJ2GO2 as secondary controller. And also doing the free version of serato 14 day trial to get DJ2GO2 to work in serato DJ. I just need my pioneer back. what can i do to make it work again?
Quote· Permalink