Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

beats not corresponding middle of the waveframe when passing

Wbree 4:47 PM - 29 October, 2017
In offline mode, it seems that the beat markers in the main waveframe are out of time and not corresponding the middle vertical marking line when passing and playing a song but a little bit ahead. Can I adjust this somewhere or is it just a not perfectly vision and ears of me. :-)

In other words when I hear the beat and see the beatmarker it is already passed the middle.

I hope you know what I mean.

Wilco
DjSyndic8 7:07 AM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
In offline mode, it seems that the beat markers in the main waveframe are out of time and not corresponding the middle vertical marking line when passing and playing a song but a little bit ahead. Can I adjust this somewhere or is it just a not perfectly vision and ears of me. :-)

In other words when I hear the beat and see the beatmarker it is already passed the middle.

I hope you know what I mean.

Wilco

are you referring to the choppy and jerky waveform? are you using a windows laptop?
Wbree 8:21 AM - 30 October, 2017
No, what I meant was that in the waveframe the wave from the track with beatmarkers is passing from the right to the left (offline mode). It reaches in de middle a vertical white line. I thought that when the beat hits that line I should hear it exactly on that moment. But in my opinion the beatmarker already passed that line before I can hear the sound that is corresponding with it.
I'm using Windows 10 and version 1.99 of Serato DJ.
Cwite 8:34 PM - 30 October, 2017
Is this on all your tracks or just a few? It sounds like your beat grids are slightly ahead of the wave form and needs slipping backwards slightly to match. Is this what you are talking about?

Nearly all my own beat grids generated automatically by Serato do this too. I have to adjust 90% of them, even if it's only very slightly.
Serato, Support
Chez P 10:00 PM - 31 October, 2017
Hey @Wbree,

It sounds like you are suffering from a slight lag between what you are seeing on screen and what you are hearing.

Can you drop a line to our support team so that they can help you out with this issue and see what might be causing this 'lag'? Also, could you try sending us a video of your problem?

Click the 'Open Help Request' button to the right of this message to get in touch with Support.

Cheers!