Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

[HID Mode] Exact same songs showing up simultaneously on both CDJ screens?

DJSpinMilz 1:06 AM - 28 October, 2017
Hi Serato,

I use Serato DJ with two CDJ 2000 Nexus' on HID mode, the connections are all fine - meaning I am given the option to assign both decks as Deck 1 & 2 etc, but one issue that I am having is that both screens on either CDJ show the exact same thing. So say I am selecting a song on the second deck, the first deck shows the exact same thing. But on Serato DJ itself, it will show a different song on each deck (within the program - which is what i'm expecting). I use the latest version of Serato DJ - it's just this which is an issue for me.

Do you know how to fix this?

Many thanks
DjSyndic8 3:29 PM - 28 October, 2017
Quote:
Hi Serato,

I use Serato DJ with two CDJ 2000 Nexus' on HID mode, the connections are all fine - meaning I am given the option to assign both decks as Deck 1 & 2 etc, but one issue that I am having is that both screens on either CDJ show the exact same thing. So say I am selecting a song on the second deck, the first deck shows the exact same thing. But on Serato DJ itself, it will show a different song on each deck (within the program - which is what i'm expecting). I use the latest version of Serato DJ - it's just this which is an issue for me.

Do you know how to fix this?

Many thanks

it sounds like you haven't plugged your cat 5 cables in correctly.
DJSpinMilz 3:44 PM - 28 October, 2017
I wouldn't need cat 5 cables - as I use HID Mode with a USB-B cable connected from each deck to my laptop? (and a Serato box of course). Everything works as it should, except what the actual screens on the CDJ's show.
DjSyndic8 3:54 PM - 28 October, 2017
heres a couple of tutorials in regards to your issue

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

hope it helps sorry I use a controller
deejdave 9:11 PM - 28 October, 2017
You are correct there are no cat5 cables involved in HID of any kind. Now before we go further are you saying the browsing screen is the same as this is intended behavior. If you are saying the actual playing track is displayed the same on both decks this is not how it should be. Out of curiosity these are what type of CDJ's?
DjSyndic8 3:42 PM - 29 October, 2017
Quote:
You are correct there are no cat5 cables involved in HID of any kind. Now before we go further are you saying the browsing screen is the same as this is intended behavior. If you are saying the actual playing track is displayed the same on both decks this is not how it should be. Out of curiosity these are what type of CDJ's?

two CDJ 2000 Nexus'
DJSpinMilz 5:27 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

two CDJ 2000 Nexus'

Apologies for late reply; yes. Syndic is correct, I am using two CDJ 2000 Nexus'. Does anybody know why this error keeps on reoccurring?