Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

SERATO VIDEO PREVIEW WINDOW NOT WORKING

Dj Jhay Boogie 11:04 PM - 27 October, 2017
I am using Serato Dj 1.9.9 ; but when I use Serato video my preview windows do not work but the main output shows fine. I have a MacBook pro and have tried everything.... I need some help to fix this problem. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jhay
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:04 AM - 28 October, 2017
Serato video is junk, switch to Mix Emergency and have a great day 🤙🏾
DeeJay Fingers 12:22 AM - 28 October, 2017
support.serato.com

here you go ...
vjMeely 12:57 AM - 28 October, 2017
@OP, Usually a reboot of your computer resets things. Its also good practice to reboot your computer before your gig.
DJ Tecniq 7:40 PM - 30 October, 2017
It's a bug that's existed since the dawn of of Serato Video. Usually restarting your computer will fix it. It's been forever since we've seen a SV update which is why Mix Emergency is the better solution and better choice as it doesn't have this bug plus can do tons more with video.
Dj Jhay Boogie 1:42 AM - 2 July, 2018
thank you the restart worked.
Shawn Greenwood 1:03 AM - 2 November, 2018
Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Found This
SimoneRainer 4:22 AM - 25 March, 2019
1) Close all programs.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.
DJ Tecniq 7:21 AM - 25 March, 2019
^ Not a solution as the screens will disappear again. Big waste of time cause it reoccurs no matter what. However usually one restart will fix it till it happens again.
DJ Philly805 11:50 PM - 20 April, 2019
This is garbage and it’s really frustrating . It’s not working . I still have no video preview .
DJ Tecniq 1:13 AM - 21 April, 2019
Quote:
This is garbage and it’s really frustrating . It’s not working . I still have no video preview .
shut down the computer and restart. May take multiple restarts for the screen to reappear. Been a bug since the birth of SV unfortunately
DJ Ronnie G 3:10 AM - 23 April, 2019
Ive had nothing but trouble with video, they lag, freeze, and now i just get a blank screen. There has to bve something out there better than this crap!
DJ Tecniq 5:57 AM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
Ive had nothing but trouble with video, they lag, freeze, and now i just get a blank screen. There has to bve something out there better than this crap!
What are your computer specs & what OS are you on? I have not had any issues since I clean installed Sierra
DJ Ronnie G 6:12 PM - 23 April, 2019
HP Envy, Windows 10, Intel I7-8500 CPU, 12GB, Intel UHD Graphics 620
DJ Tecniq 7:09 PM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
HP Envy, Windows 10, Intel I7-8500 CPU, 12GB, Intel UHD Graphics 620
If your pc doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card you won’t have much luck. Intel graphics isn’t a high spec card.
DJ Ronnie G 7:20 PM - 23 April, 2019
How do i find out if i have a dedicated card and if not, is there a way to change out ?
DJ Ronnie G 7:51 PM - 23 April, 2019
I just checked my back up laptop which has been working fine with video and it too has an Intel, says Intel Family
popnwave 8:48 PM - 23 April, 2019
If you continue to have problems I highly recommend VDJ for doing video sets, it plays nice with your Serato crates even and will work much better out of the "box" so to speak.
DJ Ronnie G 8:50 PM - 23 April, 2019
Thanks, do you have a link for VDJ?
popnwave 8:53 PM - 23 April, 2019
www.virtualdj.com

Play around with the "home" free version.. might need the paid one to use it with the rest of your EQ but it's def worth giving a try. It's what I'll be using when my MacBook Pro eats it probably.
DJ Ronnie G 8:56 PM - 23 April, 2019
Thank You
DJ Tecniq 9:06 PM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
How do i find out if i have a dedicated card and if not, is there a way to change out ?
Here’s how. Updating the graphics card may help too if it needs updating.
youtu.be
DJ Ronnie G 9:20 PM - 23 April, 2019
Im just going to do away with serato all together like alot of people have or should. Nothing but problems and embarrassments. Wish i could get refunded the money and for the head aches. Serato you SUCK!
SimoneRainer 7:17 AM - 17 May, 2019
Quote:

Mac
1) Close all programs.

5) Restart your Mac

Found This

Yep - this worked for me