Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

new guy...extracting vocals?

neverdone 8:39 PM - 27 October, 2017
let me start by saying I'm new to all of this. I've been messing around with my small ddj-sb for a couple of years here and there but nothing serious.

this is just a hobby for me and I've been trying to learn on my own and I've gone through tons of videos and Google etc

I have been making my own samples just by recording certain parts of songs, but I really want to mash up vocals to beats and I haven't found anything current on how to extract vocals to use them.

can anyone point me in the right direction? do you have any tips for a new guy? I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of what serato can do!

TIA!
10:07 PM, 29 Oct 2017
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Intro General Discussion
DJ Tecniq 4:44 AM - 1 November, 2017
Sounds like you're looking for production software or acapellas?
neverdone 4:10 PM - 2 November, 2017
well acapellas would be my first choice. I have no idea where to find them though.
neverdone 5:49 PM - 10 November, 2017
can anyone else help me with this?
AndyG1964 12:10 PM - 22 November, 2017
You can extract vocals to a certain extent using Audacity via the noise cancelling feature of it. It is quite limited being as it's a free program. It might be worth having a look at this mate
popnwave 2:05 AM - 25 November, 2017
"extracting" vocals sounds horrible, at best it sounds like a bad karaoke file. join a record pool like Promo Only and you'll get acapellas with their urban/rythmic club series. I am sure other pools have them too.
Laz219 7:29 AM - 10 December, 2017
acapellas4u.
2dxp3 12:52 AM - 14 December, 2017
Find the accapela's on youtube, and then use a youtube converter to download the audio (MP3)
popnwave 7:13 PM - 14 December, 2017
Quote:
Find the accapela's on youtube, and then use a youtube converter to download the audio (MP3)

*thumbs down* that is some low quality crap right there.
DJ Tecniq 3:35 AM - 6 February, 2018
Quote:
well acapellas would be my first choice. I have no idea where to find them though.
google "studio acapella" you'll find them everywhere.