Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Pitch/sample speed problem

LP2 5:02 PM - 15 October, 2017
Hi,

I purchased Sample a few weeks back and loving it so far. However, I am having a bit of a problem.

Is there a way to speed up a sample and change its pitch to what it should be? In other words, how to de-activate the constant pitch/key feature and make it so my sample will sound as it should if I was to play it faster on a turntable?

Hope you understand what I'm asking :)

Thanks for your answers
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 10:39 PM - 15 October, 2017
Hi LP!

There is nothing like this currently in Serato Sample as the track is always using the Pitch N Time algorithm BUT it might be worth messing with a particular cue point or set of cues

• Leave them in the root key of your sample and automate the time stretch parameter of each cue using your DAW to make a slow time stretch up/down
• Use the "detune" function (up by the key shifting area) in conjunction with the above

I messed with this a little bit just now and its not quite what you are after but with some added FX it could be close,

Let me know how you get on :)

Jason.
LP2 4:23 PM - 16 October, 2017
Thanks for the quick answer, I'll give it a try ;)
md2000xl 8:02 AM - 22 October, 2017
ive been mixing down the pattern and then using my daw to edit the segments. its cumbersome but offers alot of control. hoping things like this, autocutoffs, multi outs, get added later. feeling ripped off for now.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 8:55 PM - 23 October, 2017
We will be building on the feature set for Sample in future :)