Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Serato Coloured Waveform Plugin Suggestion

FunkFerret 7:38 AM - 12 October, 2017
I'm just checking out the trial version of Serato Sample, and can't wait to get cracking with it!

My first thought as soon as I loaded up a sample was how much I love the coloured waveform data in Serato DJ and in this sampler, and how much of that colour feedback is lacking in my audio production.

I like being able to see the waveform I'm producing inside Ableton with something like Smexoscope or some other live waveform viewer, but these all seem to lack colour information according to low, mid and high frequencies.

Quite often I'll render out a piece of audio, bring it into Serato DJ and I can see straight away before I even play the track if I have far too much, or not enough low end in the track.

I guess this is more of a suggestion for a similar plugin that can be dropped onto the end of an audio chain to view the waveform and colour in real time - Either that or allow some kind of live reading / viewing of your chain's audio inside the Serato Sample VST itself.

I would purchase that in a heartbeat.
FunkFerret 9:28 PM - 1 November, 2017
Big ups to Roy from Bang n' Mash who has pointed me toward this plugin through Max for Live:
www.maxforlive.com

Looks like a great alternative.
Nodoze123 12:04 PM - 11 November, 2017
Thank you for this link!
Yorgos Arabatzis 1:46 PM - 22 June, 2019
Come on Serato!It's 2019 and still no waveform plug-in?
You have such a visual weapon in your arsenal and we can't use it in our productions?
All we need is some real-time colored waveform feedback when an external input enters a DAW. You haven't incorporated it even in your own Serato Studio. Waveforms are only visible inside the program..What about if i want to check visually in real-time my external hardware synths and drum machines?
Yorgos Arabatzis 1:47 PM - 22 June, 2019
Sorry the site made a double post ^ not my fault..
FunkFerret 12:13 PM - 24 June, 2019
Give this one a go, it's just been updated and looks very much identical to the Serato waveform:
schulz.audio
Yorgos Arabatzis 3:04 PM - 24 June, 2019
Quote:
Give this one a go, it's just been updated and looks very much identical to the Serato waveform:
schulz.audio

Thanks i know this one and i think Serato’s waveforms can’t be beaten...