Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.9.7 Crashed last night at a gig using my SX2

DANGERUST 8:47 PM - 7 October, 2017
Last night I was doing a gig, all good until 3 hours in to the set and SDJ crashes on me. SDJ takes about 10 mins to load up due to my huge music library I have got. I was only running SDJ and itunes at the time and using my SX2. All my music is stored on an external hard drive. This is the 1st issue I have had with is versions of SDJ.
I have also been LIVE streaming at home many times with 1.9.7 version using my S9 also using OBS, chewtv, camera's and a external audio interface all on my laptop with no issues. So not sure why it crashed on me.
I deleted the error sheet, just wanted to get people back on the dance floor.
I know you need the issue sheet but has anyone else had this issue.
I'm running os Sierra 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) i7
Thanks
DjSyndic8 11:03 PM - 8 October, 2017
Quote:
Last night I was doing a gig, all good until 3 hours in to the set and SDJ crashes on me. SDJ takes about 10 mins to load up due to my huge music library I have got. I was only running SDJ and itunes at the time and using my SX2. All my music is stored on an external hard drive. This is the 1st issue I have had with is versions of SDJ.
I have also been LIVE streaming at home many times with 1.9.7 version using my S9 also using OBS, chewtv, camera's and a external audio interface all on my laptop with no issues. So not sure why it crashed on me.
I deleted the error sheet, just wanted to get people back on the dance floor.
I know you need the issue sheet but has anyone else had this issue.
I'm running os Sierra 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) i7
Thanks

it could be a memory issue because of how much music you have, if it takes 10mins for serato to load then you must have a lot of music (try and downsize your music that you carry take out stuff that you never play) I had to do that to my collection because I had the same issue.... reason being is because serato is a 32bit software the fix is to make serato a 64bit software but its not gonna happen,

the other problem could be sierra is there any way you can roll back to a old version of OSX and make sure its a fresh install cause apparently its better with a fresh install
DeeJay Fingers 11:36 PM - 8 October, 2017
reason being is because serato is a 32bit software the fix is to make serato a 64bit software but its not gonna happen,

If Serato what's to stay alive with in a year or two, they have no choice but to make a 64 bit version, Apple told developers that macOS High Sierra will be the "last macOS release to support 32-bit apps without compromises."
DjSyndic8 4:09 AM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
Apple told developers that macOS High Sierra will be the "last macOS release to support 32-bit apps without compromises."

maybe this will motivate serato to rethink their decision to hurry up and develop a 64bit software already
DANGERUST 6:44 AM - 9 October, 2017
I have finally got around to start deleting my duplicated files. I have been using Sierra for the passed 3 months with no issues with Serato and I even did a 4 hours LIVE stream set the night before again with no issues. So I see how I this weekend at a gig.
DjSyndic8 7:06 AM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
I have finally got around to start deleting my duplicated files. I have been using Sierra for the passed 3 months with no issues with Serato and I even did a 4 hours LIVE stream set the night before again with no issues. So I see how I this weekend at a gig.

I would do more testing at home cause for some reason when your out doing a gig serato plays up for no apparent reason, best to find out at home :) but yer get rid of songs that you hardly play the less songs you have the better it is for stability
DANGERUST 7:52 AM - 9 October, 2017
Yep I'm hearing ya. I'm also getting rid off low bitrate songs. Thanks for your help guy's
popnwave 2:47 PM - 9 October, 2017
It might be library size, or the drive with the library is having issues.
maydo 10:38 PM - 9 October, 2017
hi, im on latest 10.12.6 sierra since it was released, running sdj 1.9.7, library on external 2TB ssd with zfs filesystem, 130k files on it, ca. 900GB
on two laptops
(MBP 2015 i7 16GB & MBA 2017 8GB, i5)

i had also some similar crashes with sx2 on both macbooks, but never with s9, the s9 runs very stable.
so i asume it has something to do with sx2 hardware/driver.